Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only manager who can be criticised for fielding a week team is Klopp.
No European football and congested fixture lists to get in the way there,
You'd think a club like Liverpool would be able to cope.

We were playing a 4th tier team, and we had a team capable of beating it handsomely

You watch the backlash if our main goal threat Kane played and broke his leg, suddenly the FA Cup wouldn't have meant a damn thing!

We won a great cup tie, Wycombe played as well as half the premier league could dream of, at least showed some guts!

In the hat and Liverpool are shite!!

It's ridiculous saying what should we prioritise at this point, it all depends how things open out - the draws we get, the other teams left in the cups, how teams above (and below) us are doing in the league, our injuries, the form of our second-string players etc.

Far too many variables for people to be calling it now

Just got back from the game. Total frustration for 90% of the game and pure joy for the other 10.

Poch got away with one today, our defence was shite.

Unlucky Wycombe, superb performance.

I can only assume the ref was a Wycombe supporter, he had a shocker.

Brilliant game to watch.

Hasn't the ref East had poor games before? Some even question his ability to perform at PL level.
Hasn't had many games either this season either. Wonder why.

Why do we continue to disrespect the best Cup competition in the world.?
There are kids who came for their first game today, paying good money.
Poch, proving that he has learned nothing from the Villa game, makes ten changes. We were almost bested by the equivalent of a Fourth Division side today.
It is simply not acceptable for fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. to have to suffer that.
This is a competition where we have a glorious heritage. We are better than that.

Wycombe fan here. Congrats on the win. That was without doubt the best game I have ever seen. I still can't believe it though. Absolutely gutted. Made worse by the fact that both of Son's shots were missing too.
When we went 3-2 up, I seriously thought we'd won. Then our keeper messed up his clearance and you scored well after stoppage time was up. So proud of the performance. I've never been this emotionally drained after a football game. I can't speak though. My voice is almost completely gone.

Tactically, I thought we were far too open defensively, but I didn't mind because I was glad that we went out and attacked without fear. Akinfenwa amazing. Gape incredible. Hayes was brilliant apart from hitting the bar with that sitter after 15 seconds. I thought we deserved at least a replay. Ah well. This one will take some time to get over.

What a fucking game to decide to sack off and take the Mrs shopping. Not only that but my phone died at 3-2 so had to wait to get home to check final score. Delighted we're through.

Wycombe fan here. Congrats on the win. That was without doubt the best game I have ever seen. I still can't believe it though. Absolutely gutted. Made worse by the fact that both of Son's shots were missing too.
When we went 3-2 up, I seriously thought we'd won. Then our keeper messed up his clearance and you scored well after stoppage time was up. So proud of the performance. I've never been this emotionally drained after a football game. I can't speak though. My voice is almost completely gone.

Tactically, I thought we were far too open defensively, but I didn't mind because I was glad that we went out and attacked without fear. Akinfenwa amazing. Gape incredible. Hayes was brilliant apart from hitting the bar with that sitter after 15 seconds. I thought we deserved at least a replay. Ah well. This one will take some time to get over.

Back
Top Bottom