Tottenham Hotspur v. Wycombe Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think CCV was ok, he only made the stupid penalty but is not to blame for other things. He's very solid for his age and has a lot to learn, it's very unfair to sugest he has no future here.

Fuck me, its like pulling teeth.
4th isn't guaranteed qualification for EL, and you said we are 9 points of the top so prioritise FA cup.
So, what would you like us to do the most, and therefore prioritise
a top 4 finish
EL
or the FA cup
bear in mind the fixture list now.

One of the cups.

I think the FA Cup would be easier than the Europa League though.

Wycombe's first goal was one of the better goals you'll see this season technique wise. Their third was pretty decent too. I'm glad they didn't get a replay but I can see why many think they deserved one.

I don't think it really matters we didn't hammer them. Sissoko, Wimmer, Winks, Davies, Trippier have already shown they're useful depth in the PL so you don't find out a huge amount about their ropey performance today really.

Son was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, I don't get why people like him. I think there's a touch of confirmation bias from last season.

Ultimately we're in the hat and that's all that matters. COYS.

I don't see much wrong with our depth to be honest.

I think the difference being that changing a whole 11 is always going to be difficult. They have never played together before. The idea of rotation isn't to change a full team, it's to have some strong players in there but resting those who may need the rest and bringing in players who need games.

Vorm
Dier - CCV - Wimmer
Trippier - Winks - Dembele - Davies
Sissoko - Alli
Son
Would have been good to see. You have the back three that we're favouring nowadays. You rest Alderweireld anyway, you rest the two full backs but give solid Premier League full backs in Trippier and Davies a game. You play Winks and Dembele because we have no other central midfielders worthy of playing and it gives Wanyama a rest as well as giving Winks more experience and learning off Dembele who can do with games to make sure he's getting fitter and fitter.

You play Alli because he installs FEAR into the opposition. I'm all for youth getting game time, the likes of Onomah and N'Koudou but they strike no fear into the opposition. Wycombe were probably loving the fact that Onomah was playing to be honest so they can get a bit aggressive in there, same with N'Koudou, the full back was all over him and bullying him. Sissoko, for all the negatives is still a damn powerful player and you wouldn't want him running at you. I put Son up front because that was Poch's plan from the start.

I never like the idea of resting a full squad and playing 10 or 11 different players. We got away with it today but to be honest if we got another League Two or below club in the next round, I still wouldn't start the line up we did today.

someone said about Ainsworth and his £50 Asda suit.

having just seen him on Sky it's either a Primark sale item, or a dead man's charity shop special

The only manager who can be criticised for fielding a week team is Klopp.
No European football and congested fixture lists to get in the way there,
You'd think a club like Liverpool would be able to cope.

Son was very good today. He was a leader on the pitch. He really has come on leaps and bounds this season.
& how much energy has he got. Sprinting at the end for the winner in the 96th min.
I bet he is still running around & buzzing about now.

We were involved in a cup classic.

No need to over-analyse it.

A bang in form, good side put up an inspired performance at WHL.

Luckily, we got through it.

Congratulations to Wycombe on an incredible performance. But we move on.

Tuesday is us.

1 Tottenham Hotspur
2 Derby County or Leicester City
3 Oxford United
4 Sutton United or Leeds United
5 Wolverhampton Wanderers
6 Southampton or Woolwich
7 Lincoln City
8 Chelsea
9 Manchester United or Wigan Athletic
10 Millwall or Watford
11 Huddersfield Town