Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's disappointing to say the least I think now we are starting to show how much we are missing Kane!

Most sides would miss Kane!

Most sides would miss Toby

Most sides aren't unbeaten

Most sides aren't joint top

Most sides don't have Poch

All you melter stay in for the rest of the weekend in case you get run over by a snow plough!

:pochbye:

I really feel we are missing a player who can open up the opposition when they are just hugging their box like Bournemouth did in the second half. My god the past three games have shown how much we miss Kane, his hold up play and shooting ability are second to none. We need him back soon. Also lucky not to have 2-3 reds.
Having said all that is was a good point away to a tough team and still unbeaten.

Competition : Premier League
Date : Saturday 22nd October
Time : 12.30pm
Venue : Dean Court
Going or Not : Not .

Team :
Lloris, Walker, Carter-Vickers, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Lamela.

Lets smash this mob.

2 - 0 win.
Unfortunately Tottenham had nothing to offer in the final third, need to get that sorted or we will silently dissappear

Did anyone else sit watching this dreading a late Wilshere goal?? I was cacking myself and thinking about what i'd do if that happened..

Suicide was the most popular answer..

He was superb today, I saw him walk a few times & I vaguely recall the ball hitting him on more than one occasion . England call up secured .

Said it last season and still the same, we are world class at defending but Eriksen, Lamela etc are ok players but not amazing. Till we get an Alexis Sanchez, Kevin De Bruyne top class type AM will we keep doing this.

Our failure to get someone like Isco or Gotze during the window unfortunately will probably define our season. Best defence but average in attack. Shame we are so close to being a title challenging team, what would we give for a Ginola, Klinsmann, Gazza, Bale to be in the team and enable us to step up.

Yeah, we have too many 7/10 players in our team. It just shows how good Pochettino is as a coach that he gets the team playing as well as we CAN do - hardly any of our players get into TOP TOP clubs but as a team we are up there.

You only have to see how our players perform on the international stage to see how good a coach Pochettino is

Its exactly the same team as last year
We wont lose many because of our defence and midfield being solid but at the end of the day erisken, lamela ,son and even alli are not consistent enough to perform and win us matches regurlarly enough , we will easily draw 12 games this year like last year

Was a tough away match against a stubborn and well organised team. Hardly means we 'bottled it'
A stubborn away game , granted they played well, but we was shocking in the 1st half, maybe bottled it was the wrong word to use... but it just feels like 2 points dropped today as opposed to 1 gained, and results like this will hurt us if we want to be challenging for the league! :pochrolleyes:

Take Scott and The Dane with you

Some of the melting on here has been ridiculous

Not great but we were the better side against a much improved Bournemouth side who didn't have a midweek game!

We are joint top FFS
Think ur rose tinting it more than people are melting. U disagreed with my post when not one thing I said was OTT or incorrect.

It WAS a poor result. And it is Disappointing.

Every time we had a chance to go top last season we dropped points. It's not melting to comment on facts.

We created nothing second half. And them sitting back isn't an excuse. Teams do it against us 9 out of 10 games. It's about time we learned how to counter it.

Rose and walker didn't hit the line once and get behind them. We just continues to try and walk it through the middle.

It's frustrating and becoming a pattern.

Surely going 2 points clear at the top, putting the pressure on the others, was incentive enough.
I hope we all can now see that our squad is nowhere good enough to win a title. Especially if we are also trying to compete in Europe.
Stop buying into the hype.
We have a decent team who on their day can beat anyone. But that's about all. When we have to reach into the squad for some inspiration, it's not there.
Nkoudo, Winks, Onomah, Sissoko are our alternatives for Eriksen, Dembele, Dele, Lamela and Son.
We are far from the finished article.

Anybody else think Erikson has been shit? I felt like he should have been subbed before Son and Alli. He just looks lazy and disinterested to me, every shot gets blocked, every pass is either back or to the other team. Very frustrating to watch him.

Said it last season and still the same, we are world class at defending but Eriksen, Lamela etc are ok players but not amazing. Till we get an Alexis Sanchez, Kevin De Bruyne top class type AM will we keep doing this.

Our failure to get someone like Isco or Gotze during the window unfortunately will probably define our season. Best defence but average in attack. Shame we are so close to being a title challenging team, what would we give for a Ginola, Klinsmann, Gazza, Bale to be in the team and enable us to step up.

Not really in agreement because we are well and truly in the hunt and would be well clear of Woolwich if the officials stop gifting them ridiculous last minute winners, no team wins every away game but not mantle teams give themselves a great chance of winning every game in my opinion we do and we will get better and better. I think we'll win the title.

Think ur rose tinting it more than people are melting. U disagreed with my post when not one thing I said was OTT or incorrect.

It WAS a poor result. And it is Disappointing.

Every time we had a chance to go top last season we dropped points. It's not melting to comment on facts.

We created nothing second half. And them sitting back isn't an excuse. Teams do it against us 9 out of 10 games. It's about time we learned how to counter it.

Rose and walker didn't hit the line once and get behind them. We just continues to try and walk it through the middle.

It's frustrating and becoming a pattern.
I do hate any sort of discussion about a result being construed as 'melting'. Ironically it is a form of 'melting' itself. It is a forum ffs let people talk. We are far from perfection.

He was superb today, I saw him walk a few times & I vaguely recall the ball hitting him on more than one occasion . England call up secured .

Yep

Lasted 90 mins and even found the energy to present the man of the match award

Awesome!!

Most sides would miss Kane!

Most sides would miss Toby

Most sides aren't unbeaten

Most sides aren't joint top

Most sides don't have Poch

All you melter stay in for the rest of the weekend in case you get run over by a snow plough!

:pochbye:

Unbeaten is all good, but 1 loss and 1 win would be 3 points..... 2 draws 2 points, I know what I would prefer!

Back
Top Bottom