Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loved seeing us not only chase down the man in possession, but the men that could be passed to. Makes us look daft sometimes, steaming towards someone without the ball, but it's fucking glorious when we get an interception that way.

Nice also to see Wanyama doing his lovechild of Mike Tyson and Usain Bolt act. Made the entire petrodollar midfield look like gay statues yesterday.

Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend has replaced the injured Raheem Sterling in the England squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Malta and Slovenia.

More to follow.

Maybe suffering from the same 'dizziness' that meant Santi Cazorla had to be subbed against us last season

Loved seeing us not only chase down the man in possession, but the men that could be passed to. Makes us look daft sometimes, steaming towards someone without the ball, but it's fucking glorious when we get an interception that way.

Nice also to see Wanyama doing his lovechild of Mike Tyson and Usain Bolt act. Made the entire petrodollar midfield look like gay statues yesterday.
Nice to see you around these parts AberdeenYid AberdeenYid

That Simon Beck made some bad offside calls again yesterday.
2 times Son was not offside and it took him half hour to put up his flag.
Same lino who failed to spot Walker 3 yards offside last home game v City. Same lino who failed to see Dembele incident. Same lino who failed to see Reid/Aguero incident. Same lino who was give a 6 match rest because he made a bad offside call at Man U Chelsea.
He's fucking useless.

Last edited:
That Simon Beck made some bad offside calls again yesterday.
2 times Son was not offside nd it took him half hour to put up his flag.
Same lino who failed to spot Walker 3 yards offside last home game v City. Same lino who failed to see Dembele incident. Same lino who failed to see Reid/Aguero incident. Same lino who was give a 6 match rest because he mad a bad offside call at Man U Chelsea.
He's fucking useless.

Didn't realise all that - did think several times in the first half yesterday that he'd made the wrong call on offsides.

MOTD2 obvs didn't show any of them back.....even though a few of them were 10x better chances than anything City created that half.

Do we want to get recognition for being very good side or do we want to go unnoticed, not fancied as LC last season until the last few games? Im confused.
Why are some on here worried, agitated about what others are saying about us. Do we need to be liked?
I don't want any recognition yet as its too early in the season. i want us to perform as against City when we play everyone else. I want to go on a winning run , as LC winning each week because we have something genuine a spirit that wins games. Who cares what the bookies are fixing or the papers are saying. Lets win the PL then all of the nonsense doesn't matter.

Do we want to get recognition for being very good side or do we want to go unnoticed, not fancied as LC last season until the last few games? Im confused.
Why are some on here worried, agitated about what others are saying about us. Do we need to be liked?
I don't want any recognition yet as its too early in the season. i want us to perform as against City when we play everyone else. I want to go on a winning run , as LC winning each week because we have something genuine a spirit that wins games. Who cares what the bookies are fixing or the papers are saying. Lets win the PL then all of the nonsense doesn't matter.
I agree. I don't really care if they talk us up. Anyway, they have their 4 and that's the selling point.
The one thing I really despise though is nobody giving us much credit and putting it down to copying Liverpool/Klopp ( false number 9 and pressing) or using Rodgers' blueprint. Fuck me, Rodgers only beat Man city twice when at Liverpool didn't he.
What utter bollocks.
We were playing the same last year and we have beaten Man City 3 times on the trot. We also haven't got Kane who is far more than a target man.

Oh, and before the game they were saying Man City were the untouchables, and could they go unbeaten, like the Woolwich, in a season. After 6 fucking games
This at the time there were 2 clubs unbeaten.
I'd rather have Man City talked up like this than us, but it is a bit rich isn't it?
Yet that's Sky, and the media. Man U, City, Woolwich and Poo get viewers, subscribers and clicks.
It's just how it is and their fans believe the hype. That's why they all get frustrated when it's usually all it turns out to be.

Last edited:
I agree. I don't really care if they talk us up. Anyway, they have their 4 and that's the selling point.
The one thing I really despise though is nobody giving us much credit and putting it down to copying Liverpool/Klopp ( false number 9 and pressing) or using Rodgers' blueprint. Fuck me, Rodgers only beat Man city twice when at Liverpool didn't he.
What utter bollocks.
We were playing the same last year and we have beaten Man City 3 times on the trot. We also haven't got Kane who is far more than a target man.

Oh, and before the game they were saying Man City were the untouchables, and could they go unbeaten, like the Woolwich, in a season. After 6 fucking games
This at the time there were 2 clubs unbeaten.
I'd rather have Man City talked up like this than us, but it is a bit rich isn't it?
Yet that's Sky, and the media. Man U, City, Woolwich and Poo get viewers, subscribers and clicks.
It's just how it is and their fans believe the hype. That's why they all get frustrated when it's usually all it turns out to be.
I tend to agree with the anti Spurs agenda set by the media and the papers. However, I feel we, us, ourselves are to blame. until we achieve something special, beating City alone with a near perfect performance is not enough to elevate us above CL/PL winning teams as Utd-Pool-City or Chavs in the media. If we want to be taken serious, we need to win things and regular which is bloody hard to do.

The Blue Moon messageboard's "post game" thread is already 75 pages long.

And I thought we all have no lives :vert:
I'm enjoying the salty goodness.
giphy.gif

I tend to agree with the anti Spurs agenda set by the media and the papers. However, I feel we, us, ourselves are to blame. until we achieve something special, beating City alone with a near perfect performance is not enough to elevate us above CL/PL winning teams as Utd-Pool-City or Chavs in the media. If we want to be taken serious, we need to win things and regular which is bloody hard to do.
Well, we have won more in Europe than Man City. Won the FA cup more too, and before the Abu Dhabi petro £ came rolling in they had won only 4 fa cups & as many league titles as us.
Everton deserve more recognition than them.
I don't think it is that hard to do. If you have the money to do so. Man City have won 2 titles, 1fa cup and 2 league cups in 5 years whereas they had won their last trophy in 1969.
Their commercial income ( sponsorship deals) were not earned or indeed anywhere near real market value.

It hasn't been hard for Man City, or Chavs to an extent.
Chavs had not won a title since 1955 had won 3 fa cups and 2 league cups before Roman.
They'd never won a UEFA cup either.

Why are some on here worried, agitated about what others are saying about us.

Because there's systematic apathy towards us. It puts a downer in the day when you're happy and think you've done amazing then no one barely gives you a mention. Not only that but it has to have some sort of effect on refs.

Take Liverpool for instance. Everyone hyping them up, saying they look incredible...and they've got 4 pens in 7 games. That's ridiculous and needs to be looked into.

Back
Top Bottom