Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The result proves how important our summer transfer business was. Last season, if Dembele and Dier were out, our centre mid would have been Mason and Carroll.

Wanyama was superb today, he is a great replacement for Dier and gets forward like Dembele. Sissoko was brilliant also.

Wonderful performance and a great feeling for the two weeks ahead. Lovely atmosphere at the lane today too. Gonna miss days like this :)

I love Spurs. Enough said

We hit our stride beautifully today. Just watched the game in full. Totally dominated the first half & controlled the second half with ease. We could have still been playing them & they wouldn't have broken through our defence today.

Whilst in other news I see those crabby nomad cunts won with the last handball of the game.

We shall write one of our eloquent and more poetic pieces about to days win .

yesjacknicholson.gif

lip_licker.gif

zach_eyebrows.gif

giphy.gif

He is our free kick taker. That means he's our most accurate kicker of the ball from 18-30 yards.

Apply that logic to 12 yards.

If that's questionable logic, so be it. Makes sense to me though and seems as good a reason as any to be a back up to Kane.
Just having a good kick doesn't make you a good penalty taker. There is a difference between taking a free-kick or a penalty, the pressure is much higher for instance with the latter. You have to be able to deal with that. Being a good free kick taker doesn't necessarily make you a good penalty-taker. You can have a great kicking technique, but if you can't deal with the pressure, you can fail at penalties. And having seen some of Eriksen's failed attempts from the penalty spot, it's no surprise to me that he isn't taking them for us.

Just having a good kick doesn't make you a good penalty taker. There is a difference between taking a free-kick or a penalty, the pressure is much higher for instance with the latter. You have to be able to deal with that. Being a good free kick taker doesn't necessarily make you a good penalty-taker. You can have a great kicking technique, but if you can't deal with the pressure, you can fail at penalties. And having seen some of Eriksen's failed attempts from the penalty spot, it's no surprise to me that he isn't taking them for us.

I agree, he's not got the mentality to take a spot kick. He missed one for Denmark last month aswell.

I wouldn't mind Alderweireld taking them in Kane's absence to be honest.

They haven't mate.

Well no... but us having just demolished City... UNBEATEN and LEAGUE TITLE FAVOURITES... compared to their 93rd minute handball goal against relegation fodder Burrrrrnleh means we're still only a point apart.... the two victories almost don't deserve that same amount of points.... and yet there they are... STILL lingering like a fart in a lift...
Their win and our win were MILES apart in terms of effort and psychological effect...
And yet we still both got 3 points.
As and when we go into the final few matches... I fucking hope we're further apart that these points gained today.

'Cos ours were fully well deserved... whereas theirs were pretty much like mugging a 95 year old widow at midnight.... on her doorstep
.. having followed her home from bingo and snatched the front door keys out if her hand... and spitting on her as you leave with her life savings!

I'm well aware of the nuances of a penalty kick.

But my logic is as good a reason as any to be backup to Kane.

Technique of a penalty kick is still majorly important.

Messi also has missed a few penalties. He's still a good option for them.

I agree, he's not got the mentality to take a spot kick. He missed one for Denmark last month aswell.

I wouldn't mind Alderweireld taking them in Kane's absence to be honest.
Toby couldn't even watch the penalty.
I was hoping Vinny could have been brought on like one of those subbuteo free kick figures

Well no... but us having just demolished City... UNBEATEN and LEAGUE TITLE FAVOURITES... compared to their 93rd minute handball goal against relegation fodder Burrrrrnleh means we're still only a point apart.... the two victories almost don't deserve that same amount of points.... and yet there they are... STILL lingering like a fart in a lift...
Their win and our win were MILES apart in terms of effort and psychological effect...
And yet we still both got 3 points.
As and when we go into the final few matches... I fucking hope we're further apart that these points gained today.

'Cos ours were fully well deserved... whereas theirs were pretty much like mugging a 95 year old widow at midnight.... on her doorstep
.. having followed her home from bingo and snatched the front door keys out if her hand... and spitting on her as you leave with her life savings!
I've told you once...next time I'm reaching for the sin bin button.

Bring Pepi Signori in as penalty coach. That cunt was Fucken lethal from the spot

Back
Top Bottom