Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tried to watch as much as I could on my phone (hate Sunday kickoffs) and while the three points is great, I think today's win highlighted the new depth and flexibility that Poch has at his disposal. Dier, Dembele and Kane going off in one match last season would have been a nightmare situation and the result would have been dropped points.

Modern Tottenham-winning Tottenham: we had total control of the first half although they had the best opportunity to score. We dominated the second half also but needed an error form Papy Djilobodji (100 score in Scrabble) to get the break through. In the past we would have lost 1-0 especially after a euro game.

For me, it show we are a decent side and will get better as season progresses. This performance was good tonic after Wednesday and let it continue.

Possession 74% Shots 31 Corners 14.

I am anticipating a b-team for the Gillingham game.

Hope Kane and Dembele are back by Man City, although Kane especially looks a bit doubtful. Janssen really needs to hit the ground running.
Understand the sentiment behind this but for me lets enjoy Gillingham (should progress) then look forward to Middlesborough away. Watched them against Everton, not impressed and are beatable.
Then lets see we are for the City game. Janssen will know he is starting on Wednesday which can only be a good thing. Lets look forward to see what he can do, he'll want to impress - he looks good to me.

I cant understand supporters are glad Kane got injure . He was looking alittle better today and he scored the winner. Rest him yes, glad he is injured NO.

Janssen will not score more then 10 goals. With league cups, euro CL we can't be without Kane for any length of time. Just hope it's a week or two rather months.

Modern Tottenham-winning Tottenham: we had total control of the first half although they had the best opportunity to score. We dominated the second half also but needed an error form Papy Djilobodji (100 score in Scrabble) to get the break through. In the past we would have lost 1-0 especially after a euro game.

For me, it show we are a decent side and will get better as season progresses. This performance was good tonic after Wednesday and let it continue.

Possession 74% Shots 31 Corners 14.
We are third in the league

Janssen for Kane would be my first sub. 60th minute.

If Poch had read this, Kane would still be walking?

- I think Janssen is adequate back up.

Yes..

I'm not too fussed with Kane's injury - I think Janssen is adequate back up.

Understand the sentiment - Kane had scored, two weeks on the trot and for me, was looking a little better. The injury, may be a reflection of where he's at, maybe it a sign of fatigue. Janssen is unknown so we will have to see what he's got.

I must add, I do not expect to lose against Sunderland.
I bow down to you Sir. You were spot on...

74% possession... more shots on target than GB golds at the Paralympics (or thereabouts)
The win was never in question... just a case of how many?!!!

Your confidence was justified... JUST!

Give him a chance. For me, he gave us some energy that has been lacking of late.
He has the mindset to turn defence quickly into attack using his power. Once we are up to speed as a side he will be better.

Why should I give our 30m record signing a chance?! He's not adjusting to the prem, he's not a youngster. He was disinterested, lazy, always took the easy option and didn't have the ability to break down a tight defence. As one of our attacking mids in a game like that its criminal. Who scored have him down as average to shit so seriously, what did all of you lot see that I didnt?

1XBhlJK.png

Sunderland? Pah! I went to see Spurs Ladies away at Lewes instead. Won 6-1 (5-0 at H-T). Thats 10-0, 1-0, 4-0 & 6-1 in the last 4 games.

From 85011 on Wed to 160 on Sun with a decent number of Spurs in attendance.
Love Tottenham, love the shirt.

Why should I give our 30m record signing a chance?! He's not adjusting to the prem, he's not a youngster. He was disinterested, lazy, always took the easy option and didn't have the ability to break down a tight defence. As one of our attacking mids in a game like that its criminal. Who scored have him down as average to shit so seriously, what did all of you lot see that I didnt?

1XBhlJK.png
Oh no, the stats are out.

Patience (give him a chance)-Its his first game, under a newish way of playing. I saw the same game as you and liked what I saw. There is room for improvement and things have to gel. Twice, when he took responsibility to break from the back, he was ruthlessly taken out-thats how dangerous the opponents will see him. IF he works for us, the way he plays-he will be excellent I have no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom