Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would like to see a couple of early goals, to settle the team and get Wednesday's defeat our of our system. Last thing we need is complacency, as we are still susceptible to a sucker punch from unfancied teams. Don't think its advisable for Poch to make wholesale changes, we can save that for Gillingham.

I am really disillusioned with Eriksen. Would like to see him dropped for a week or two and let Lamela be the central creative force. More than anything, I just want some intensity back into our performance v Sunderland. We haven't looked at the races this season in my view bar the 2nd half at Goodson. There were a lot of games last season where we performed relatively poorly and yet won. So despite my concerns at the unconvincing manner of performances in recent weeks I didn't see the utter collapse (both psychological and physical) of the Monaco game coming. Kane, Alli and Dier in particular look like the euros inflicted a 'moral bruising' that is weighing them down. Hopefully, tomorrow we are better but there just seems to have been a severe breakdown in chemistry in the team. It's concerning.

Managed to get hold of 3 tickets in the park lane upper so I'll see some of you cunts there! First game at the lane this season. Looking forward to the game but also to see the new stadium progress with my own eyes.

Yiiiids!!

I am really disillusioned with Eriksen. Would like to see him dropped for a week or two and let Lamela be the central creative force. More than anything, I just want some intensity back into our performance v Sunderland. We haven't looked at the races this season in my view bar the 2nd half at Goodson. There were a lot of games last season where we performed relatively poorly and yet won. So despite my concerns at the unconvincing manner of performances in recent weeks I didn't see the utter collapse (both psychological and physical) of the Monaco game coming. Kane, Alli and Dier in particular look like the euros inflicted a 'moral bruising' that is weighing them down. Hopefully, tomorrow we are better but there just seems to have been a severe breakdown in chemistry in the team. It's concerning.
tend to agree but early days. We are still shaking off the end of last season, new players and Poch trying one or two new things. . We are a good side, with some very good players, it does, as you say, needs to come together....again.

:pochfacepalm::kaneshh:
What have you done...? you do know this is Spurs we're talking about... since when do WE do pre-match confidence?

Delete comment FORTHWITH!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anyone know if you can still park in the old sainsburys up the high road on match day (or indeed if it is still there?!) will be on tight timings so think I'll have to park near the ground

It was pretty clear that the disaster of the Euros was going to leave us with quite a hangover going in to the start of the season. Simply unavoidable when half of our starting XI was part of it, and they're all quite young too and don't have the thick skin that experience gives you. You can see it's mainly effected Dele and Kane, probably because they had most expectation on their shoulders going in to the tournament. The England team is just a completely toxic entity at the moment (and has been for a decade at least now) and I'd really prefer none of them to be involved in it because I can't see it improving under Sam and us having a fucked and demoralised team for a few weeks after every time they play is going to seriously hobble any ambitions we have to progress this season. And I say that as an England fan.

It was pretty clear that the disaster of the Euros was going to leave us with quite a hangover going in to the start of the season. Simply unavoidable when half of our starting XI was part of it, and they're all quite young too and don't have the thick skin that experience gives you. You can see it's mainly effected Dele and Kane, probably because they had most expectation on their shoulders going in to the tournament. The England team is just a completely toxic entity at the moment (and has been for a decade at least now) and I'd really prefer none of them to be involved in it because I can't see it improving under Sam and us having a fucked and demoralised team for a few weeks after every time they play is going to seriously hobble any ambitions we have to progress this season. And I say that as an England fan.

That's just giving them yet another excuse.

Other England player like Lallana, Sterling, Rashford, Clyne, etc don't seem to be suffering.

Back
Top Bottom