Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Based on our performances thus far this season, I'd say we'll finish in sixth in the league.

We need to become a lot more clinical and I also think we need an older Bazali Bazali type influence on the young team, as has been mentioned above. Dier and Dele are great youngsters, full of fire in the middle of the park, but we need an old head with plenty experience at the highest levels in there. We don't have it. Hopefully some cunt emerges as the mature pragmatist to steer the talented youth. I think Poch should have seen this requirement after the Chelsea match towards the end of last season, not to mention the disintegration in the last 4 games as we lost the title race.

If you substitute mature for older you'll get an agree or even a like!!

I know it matters to you
:freundgoal:

With Wanyama, Dembele, Dele, Winks, Sissoko why can't Dier be rested?

Fucking stupid having more midfielders than you can shake a stick at and then run Dier into the fucking ground week in week out.

PS

We are playing Sunderland next game not Seveille

Tapas are better in Sunderland

If you substitute mature for older you'll get an agree or even a like!!

I know it matters to you
:freundgoal:
I rarely edit, Baz.

Anyway, Big Poppa, I've got to nip up to the bridge (forgot to sign something off). That's one of the pleasures of tantric masterbation - the scope for the occasional pause. Catch ye in a bit

Based on our performances thus far this season, I'd say we'll finish in sixth in the league.

We need to become a lot more clinical and I also think we need an older Bazali Bazali type influence on the young team, as has been mentioned above. Dier and Dele are great youngsters, full of fire in the middle of the park, but we need an old head with plenty experience at the highest levels in there. We don't have it. Hopefully some cunt emerges as the mature pragmatist to steer the talented youth. I think Poch should have seen this requirement after the Chelsea match towards the end of last season, not to mention the disintegration in the last 4 games as we lost the title race.

His name is Dembele..... Far more composed and respected, just needs to be more vocal

I didn't think the performance was that bad. We got beat by to great finishes.
Dele mom, he worked his socks off. I thought Davies had a good game to. Erikson was our worst player, and Kane and dier looked average. I'd give Kane a rest against Sunderland along with Dier and Erikson.

Team for Sunday
Loris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies
Wanyama, Moose.
Sisoko, Dele, Son
Jansen

Atmosphere wasn't as bad as what people are making out.

An older head. These are all free agents.
Muntari, mo sissoko, viana, meireles & alex.
Best I can do at short notice.

I rarely edit, Baz.

Anyway, Big Poppa, I've got to nip up to the bridge (forgot to sign something off). That's one of the pleasures of tantric masterbation - the scope for the occasional pause. Catch ye in a bit

You need to learn the fine art of delegation!

Still you cd pick up some lube on the way back

I didn't think the performance was that bad. We got beat by to great finishes.
Dele mom, he worked his socks off. I thought Davies had a good game to. Erikson was our worst player, and Kane and dier looked average. I'd give Kane a rest against Sunderland along with Dier and Erikson.

Team for Sunday
Loris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Davies
Wanyama, Moose.
Sisoko, Dele, Son
Jansen

Atmosphere wasn't as bad as what people are making out.

Atmosphere complaint is very odd too me, it only went to shit when we went 1 then 2 goals down which happens at WHL all the time when we concede, we are a nervous crowd at the best of times. It was full pelt for 5-10 mins after we scored the goal. If we had won it would have rocked.

A frustrating night. I felt the occasion got to the players in the first half, it happens. Monaco had a bit of flair and in fairness I though they were good value for the lead. They were pin sharp in the final third.

There seems to be two Spurs teams in every game at the moment. One that is a bit passive and one that reacts and is more driven. The first half tonight being the passive version. Once Poch got the players a bit "up" and in your faces. It worked in the second half. That and Moussa and Alli changes. God we missed Moussa. I honestly rate the guy as World Class and Modric level of midfield quality.

The Wembley experience was novel. But off the back of a shit result it's a nightmare. I live east London / Essex borders and had the delights of Tube travel tonight. All in all it was a 5 hour round trip. That's ridiculous. I am spoilt by being at WHL within an hour of home usually. But that's London transport. I could have been in south Spain in that time, I am going to hate next season !

Oh and the lack of beer in the Stadium....fucking forgot about that little UEFA bonus, so getting there a little early next time ain't happening ! I might opt to drive.

Anyway we will be fine. We will get out of the group and finish in the Top 4 this season. it's not clicked yet. But it will.

Back
Top Bottom