Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From a 'neutral' football fan's perspective can I just say that Bernardo Silva is out of this world. We were on top but he made the difference every time they looked dangerous. He was everywhere, left wing, right wing and central. If he wasn't injured for France, Portugal would have won the Euros in style.

From a 'neutral' football fan's perspective can I just say that Bernardo Silva is out of this world. We were on top but he made the difference every time they looked dangerous. He was everywhere, left wing, right wing and central. If he wasn't injured for France, Portugal would have won the Euros in style.

Guess who agreed with this ... Go on ... Have a guess .

Bernardo Silva is our best player since Ronaldo.

let's make a petition to make Levy buy Bernardo Silva. :levystare:

we should buy Bernardo Silva in the summer. If i could choose one realistic player for us would be him

Bernardo Silva is the man who we should sign. I want Spurs to have a decent portuguese player once for all :vdvhmm:

remember Helder Postiga ? :keane::mong:

missed the Euro's because of injury but it's a phenomenal talent. Would buy him in a heartbeat

Bernardo Silva. please. Would be fantastic and not cust that much
it's not a rumour, i'm just saying it :levyeyes:

he is fantastic tho :pochserious:

Eriksen signing a new deal is one of the best moves we can do in this tranfer window. That and buying Bernardo Silva

it's true, i rate the lad :levyeyes::harrysmile:

When need a vocal leader on the pitch.

Falcao, who may have been shit, was marshalling players around him. Using his experience.

Our boys had no-one. We need a Daws. A guy to marshall, to command, to tell players what to do sometimes.

We lacked discipline at important junctures in the game, which is to be expected with a young side. But we do lack a vocal experienced head on the pitch. Someone to reign Dele in, to calm Dier down. To tell players not to fall for the same thrown in like amateurs twice in a row which lead to our 2nd goal.

It's all well and good having Hugo as our captain, and I'm not moaning at the choice but we need a leader on the pitch. Toby and Jan are more your lead by example types.

The only guy I saw trying to do this was Ben fucking Davies (who although not the player Rose is, was decent tonight).

Also, Kane needs resting. He's knackered, and losing confidence. Janssen looked decent when he came on, although our shape and control was fucked by the tactical change.

Janssen's hold up play with Dele making the runs he does could work really well.

Oh, and he's backkkkkkkk...

giphy.gif

Bazali Bazali .. Why the diss ? U know I was joking . I'm trying to get to a 11th level Yidi, just like skywalker but Yoda doesn't look too favorable on a diss

Falcao, who may have been shit, was marshalling players around him. Using his experience.

Our boys had no-one. We need a Daws. A guy to marshall, to command, to tell players what to do sometimes.

We lacked discipline at important junctures in the game, which is to be expected with a young side. But we do lack a vocal experienced head on the pitch. Someone to reign Dele in, to calm Dier down. To tell players not to fall for the same thrown in like amateurs twice in a row which lead to our 2nd goal.

It's all well and good having Hugo as our captain, and I'm not moaning at the choice but we need a leader on the pitch. Toby and Jan are more your lead by example types.

The only guy I saw trying to do this was Ben fucking Davies (who although not the player Rose is, was decent tonight).

Also, Kane needs resting. He's knackered, and losing confidence. Janssen looked decent when he came on, although our shape and control was fucked by the tactical change.

Janssen's hold up play with Dele making the runs he does could work really well.

giphy.gif

Your post summarised:

Sign Falcao.

Resign Dawson.

Sign Scott Brown.

Sign any of the three above for a second time.

Start Jansen.

Dembele's ban is finished.

giphy.gif

I just think Poch got it a bit wrong tonight.

He should have started Dembele. Wasting Dele like that was silly.

We played well. They scored two from two chances. That's the level we are playing at now.

The fans were great. It's disappointing but I think we have enough to do them away. Poch was a little avant garde. Playing Son was a mistake imo. We were a different team second half.

It's a journey for everyone including Poch.

Edit. Kane is fine. He will score 20 goals this season. We never drop Kane. It's just a bit harder for him now. He is England's premier striker and is marked accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom