Spurs vs Monaco - Glorious Return to Champions League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just think Poch got it a bit wrong tonight.

He should have started Dembele. Wasting Dele like that was silly.

We played well. They scored two from two chances. That's the level we are playing at now.

The fans were great. It's disappointing but I think we have enough to do them away. Poch was a little avant garde. Playing Son was a mistake imo. We were a different team second half.

It's a journey for everyone including Poch.
After scoring 2 I would have played son too.
But yes, it turned out to be a mistake.

I just think Poch got it a bit wrong tonight.

He should have started Dembele. Wasting Dele like that was silly.

We played well. They scored two from two chances. That's the level we are playing at now.

The fans were great. It's disappointing but I think we have enough to do them away. Poch was a little avant garde. Playing Son was a mistake imo. We were a different team second half.

It's a journey for everyone including Poch.

Edit. Kane is fine. He will score 20 goals this season. We never drop Kane. It's just a bit harder for him now. He is England's premier striker and is marked accordingly.
I agree we keep Kane as a starter. I also think he's developing his game to be able to drop deeper as play requires.

Monaco have beefed up since last season have they not?
I must put the mockers on Eriksen cos every time I watch a game live he is poor.
This game was crying out for Sissoko. He should have come on a bit sooner I feel.
Maybe he's not fully fit.

:dierpochhug:

:kanehand:

:levywhoa:
:ledleylick:

Pm me xx

Don't tell Sausage!

He's just come off watch and looking for a reach around!!

He finds it difficult passing the time now he's given up trying to find a decent Weegie author!

Irvine Welsh rules!

Have we been relegated?

Why is everyone crying?

0 points out of a possible 18 - 15 left to play for.

Or PochOut???

Laughable.

Don't disagree with your sentiments, but we buried this side the in the EL, and i thought that we had improved our squad? It looked tonight that Monaco had moved on from that EL game and we had been left behind, certainly for parts of the game.

Poch is a great motivator and coach, but i sometimes look at his team selection in as much as Eriksen, Lamela, Kane and Dier are used almost extensively. Now before i get flamed, no one on here can profess that those players mentioned have played well tonight or have had a solid single game this season so far.

For me we have a distinct lack of direct pace, did not press at all tonight, and are buggered to find a player with a killer pass anywhere in the last third of the field.

On Saturday i really hope that Poch has the balls for:

Lloris
Walker Toby Wimmer Davies
Wanyama Dembele
Sissoko Lamela Son
Janssen

A change is as good as a rest and some of those dropped need a fucking wake up call. Poch has the squad (and one that he says he is very happy with) in depth and it's about time he used the fuckers.

Don't tell Sausage!

He's just come off watch and looking for a reach around!!

He finds it difficult passing the time now he's given up trying to find a decent Weegie author!

Irvine Welsh rules!
I have just come off watch but I'm going to spoil myself with a tantric wank instead. I do my best to transcend the seafarer stereotypes.

Baz, don't talk literature to me ya daft auld cunt. They don't read full sentences down in the thruster rooms.

Thanks for the 'standing' ticket.... just wish it was in happier circumstances!
(The game, AND your mate!)

Here's to the next one. Though the journey home took as long as the stop-start queue to Wemberley Park!

We'll get our lines right by then hopefully!

Beer inside after the game next time ;)

Great to be amongst 85k yids - lots of noise where I was but hard to get a unified chant round a ground that big.
The first 30 mins was disappointing, 2 shots 2 goals, mistake by Lamela and poor defending - knocked the stuffing out of the crowd and the team. Even so, had Harry levelled it early in the second half I'm sure we'd have gone on to win - feel sorry for him but he surely does need a rest. We looked so much better with Mousa on.
No point overanalysing it - keep smiling lads, long way to go yet - and keep supporting them, these are young men, our very own "class of '92" and they won't get it right every time.

Don't disagree with your sentiments, but we buried this side the in the EL, and i thought that we had improved our squad? It looked tonight that Monaco had moved on from that EL game and we had been left behind, certainly for parts of the game.

Poch is a great motivator and coach, but i sometimes look at his team selection in as much as Eriksen, Lamela, Kane and Dier are used almost extensively. Now before i get flamed, no one on here can profess that those players mentioned have played well tonight or have had a solid single game this season so far.

For me we have a distinct lack of direct pace, did not press at all tonight, and are buggered to find a player with a killer pass anywhere in the last third of the field.

Lloris
Wanyama Dembele
Sissoko Lamela Son
Janssen

A change is as good as a rest and some of those dropped need a fucking wake up call. Poch has the squad (and one that he says he is very happy with) in depth and it's about time he used the fuckers.

Wanyama above Dier?

You're an idiot.

Lloris
Wanyama Dembele
Sissoko Lamela Son
Janssen

I thought we'd have enough to beat them don't get me wrong, but recheck their starting XI in Europa compared to tonight - improvement from them too.

I have just come off watch but I'm going to spoil myself with a tantric wank instead. I do my best to transcend the seafarer stereotypes.

Baz, don't talk literature to me ya daft auld cunt. They don't read full sentences down in the thruster rooms.

Can't argue with you on anything to do with thrusting!

You are the man but "Sunshine on the Clyde" just hasn't got the same ring to it?

Did you start your career in the Barra's?

Lloris
Wanyama Dembele
Sissoko Lamela Son
Janssen

We were the better side

One of those nights I'm afraid
:harryhmm:

Awful experience. Atmosphere was shocking and took me 2 and half hours to get home despite living pretty close by. Monaco fans only chants consisted of saying 'alle'. I don't even want to talk about what happened on the pitch. Sort of glad I didn't buy the 3 match ticket.

Based on our performances thus far this season, I'd say we'll finish in sixth in the league.

We need to become a lot more clinical and I also think we need an older Bazali Bazali type influence on the young team, as has been mentioned above. Dier and Dele are great youngsters, full of fire in the middle of the park, but we need an old head with plenty experience at the highest levels in there. We don't have it. Hopefully some cunt emerges as the mature pragmatist to steer the talented youth. I think Poch should have seen this requirement after the Chelsea match towards the end of last season, not to mention the disintegration in the last 4 games as we lost the title race.

I can see you're missing Joe
:klinsmann:

I wasn't one of those who thought you were Joe's multi BTW

Back
Top Bottom