Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like him or not, I suppose he has one ability that seems to be lacking in the team: the ability to beat a player. If he can be coached out of the headless chicken mode, not to do too much & release the ball he could be frightening .
Over to you poch do your stuff.

Because hindsight is a fucking bitch, let's look at today's lowlights of the TDD ITK IMO WTF.

11.32 am - BEN:

Only French winger nkoudu coming

Not sure on keeper

Sisoko going elswhere

8.45pm - hertyid on sisoko: Apparently after out initial enquiry it was a case of "30m? No thanks."

We definitely didn't bid anywhere near that amount.

9.09pm - Ali Z:
We agreed terms with Isco and Madrid and agreed terms with Sissokko deal was never agreed Isco no idea but guess player decided to stay and obvs Everton have outbid us that info is hot off the press

Spooky. They truly were looking into the future.

At least Nabil was already dead...
giphy.gif

The manager wanted him. Must have convinced levy to do it otherwise we would not have stalled. Blame pochettino or the recruitment team. They identify the players they want. Levy stumps up.
If he'd have vetoed it you'd probably be calling him a tight cunt who refused to buy a player the manager wanted.
We will never know. But I'd guess levy hasn't been stumping up so poch got the hump.
Then levy at the last minute panicked & paid up to keep poch happy.

Or poch has really wanted sissoko all along even for 30m. I doubt that.

Levy has been well and truly bent over here. His pants have been pulled down, ashley has greased him up and entered.
What a fucking laughing stock of a signing......30 fucking million
:dierno::pochfacepalm::walker-scream::gazza::king:: ostrich:
You need to go and lay one that should keep you occupied for the next 12months

Admin Admin what's the rule regarding the banhammer for cunts like justin justin that are racist shitbags and don't even bother to deny it?

The sin-bin is too good for that clown.
It be a bit odd if you can be as abusive as you like as long as its not because of there skin colour.
German wanker = ok. As you were.
White wanker = banished forever

Overall, I am ok with the window, I think.

Got Janssen and Wanyama early, which was great. Didn't get any dreamy AM targets, but seems like not for a want of trying. That happens.

Got rid of a lot of deadwood, which was excellent. Kept all our good players. Also excellent.

Not sure why N'Jie couldn't hack it, and am not sure if Nkoudou will amount to anything, but at least the lad has a sense of humour.

The back-up keeper makes sense, given what happened to Hugo.

Sissoko genuinely puzzles me. I doubt he was first on the list, but I guess he was the last one on it Poche approved who was available. Would also really like to know what exactly we paid. Have heard at least 4 different numbers.

I understand the frustration about why not go for Mane if we went for Sissoko, but we don't know how early LFC finished that deal, and if they offered more in wages than we would ever consider.

Isco would've been fucking amazing, but if he wants to stay in Madrid, not much we can do. I guess we try again in January. If it took 2 years to convince Son...

So, I guess a 7/10 window? Not mindblowing, but also not a disaster like many were melting about.

Back
Top Bottom