Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want us to keep the first 11 we had last season and integrate the new signings to give some of our key players a rest and obviously offer that PLAN B.
Poch goes on about players 'passing in feet' but i think those are our most talented players. Kane, Dele, Lamela, Eriksen are not athletic or pacy players, they create and score from pure technical ability.And they have license to do this in front of a balanced midfield of dier and Dembele, plus alderweireld and vertonghen in defense. Very good balance between technical ability and strength.

So hopefully we will building around this team we fleshed out over 2 years, rather than throwing them all in so we are in perpetual transition. None of them seem like 'complete players' ie: A kane, dembele,dier or alderweireld. but they will offer the pace and power to break teams down

Levy has been well and truly bent over here. His pants have been pulled down, ashley has greased him up and entered.
What a fucking laughing stock of a signing......30 fucking million
:dierno::pochfacepalm::walker-scream::gazza::king:: ostrich:
The manager wanted him. Must have convinced levy to do it otherwise we would not have stalled. Blame pochettino or the recruitment team. They identify the players they want. Levy stumps up.
If he'd have vetoed it you'd probably be calling him a tight cunt who refused to buy a player the manager wanted.

We tried for Zaha before we tried for Sissoko. This is the greatest panic buy in football history. We're a laughing stock

Seeing you go off on one has made today. Hilarious.

This is quite possibly one of the worst marquee signing of all time. I'd prefer Soldado...

Why didn't we compete with Liverpool for Mane, Schalke for Embolo, Leipzig for Burke or pay the fucking money for Batshuayi?

This is a very, very good point.

We've let so many transfers walk past us that we could have had then spend £30mil on this. Levy better hope he has an incredible 3 years, because there's fucking 0 resale value in this. Quite incredible, the amount of players we could have had for £30 mil or less instead...

We can't even agree on what successful means. I did say 'obviously we all hope we do well'. I think you want to make it personal (ie. About you) No offence meant Schmoods, but your 'everything is fantastic - you're all a bunch of cunts' stuff is boring the living tits off me. You sound like an evangelist. You'll be easy to spot the next time I go to the Lane - your halo will give you away.

Which is a shame because I like you as a poster.
Lol. Whatever. The forum patriach thinks I make it all about me when he's on here nightly doing just that.

The fickleness of the melters was exposed once Sissoko was announced.

I used to like you as a poster but now I think you're better on ignore. Don't want into your games.

Save your personal attack like last time. I won't be listening.

Lol. Whatever. The forum patriach thinks I make it all about me when he's on here nightly doing just that.

The fickleness of the melters was exposed once Sissoko was announced.

I used to like you as a poster but now I think you're better on ignore. Don't want into your games.

Save your personal attack like last time. I won't be listening.

He is mentally disturbed. It's not his fault.

He genuinely has a condition. Don't give up on him. Try and help him.

Evening. First time posting here after reading for many a month, even year, hello to you all and thanks for the many laughs you have given me scrolling through the laughs, highs and lows. Straight into it I don't care what anyone says if this team clicks we are serious players to be reckoned with:

Lloris
Walker
Alderweireld
Wimmer
Rose
Wanyama
Dembele
Lamela
Eriksen
Sissoko
Kane

Subs
Vorm
Vertonghen
Dier
Nkoudou
Alli
Son
Janssen

This is a strong, talented team with shapes, sizes, options to sit deep or counter, to press or pass. We are in better shape than our title charge last year.

Get behind the boys, the 12th man could be instrumental in this one. It's a very balanced squad unlike most.

COYS
Sissoko suddenly makes the squad seem a lot more balanced. Gives us something a bit different to most of what we have.

The only weaknesses left is a lack of a bit of pace & creativity.
I think the main problem is more the other teams being a lot better rather than us being worse.
We probably needed to do more to stay ahead & in the top 4.
But at worst we should be top 6.

Back
Top Bottom