Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although this at first glance seems like a pretty uninspiring buy for stupid money he is a Spurs player now and I for one will support him as such and wish him all the best as a Yid. Hope he goes on to score the winning goal in the CL final and prove all of us doubters wrong.

Maybe I'm being a tad hyperbolic but it's a response to the ridiculously negative positions which many posters have already assumed regarding the lad SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs . Saying that I do genuinely believe he will be great for us. I'm sick of people reading 'so and so is lazy, so and so has a bad attitude' on some Facebook comment thread then regurgitating it everywhere as if it's fact.

Maybe I'm being a tad hyperbolic but it's a response to the ridiculously negative positions which many posters have already assumed regarding the lad SoCalSpurs SoCalSpurs . Saying that I do genuinely believe he will be great for us. I'm sick of people reading 'so and so is lazy, so and so has a bad attitude' on some Facebook comment thread then regurgitating it everywhere as if it's fact.
We've seen how he's shown up for some games and not for others, how he looked like he didn't give a shit half the time playing for Newcastle when the going got tough, the shadiness he pulled with Everton on the deadline. And he's already professed his love for The Scum.

So you can understand why there are a whole slew of us who have reservations with the guy. That being said. He's ours now and we hope he not only gels with the squad but absolutely kills it on the field.

Don't even know how to respond to that or make sense of it , you do realise that genetics are not maleable at least for now right ? So let's say hypothetically racism is genetic, what are you going to do about it ? Start some racist dominant gene focused concentration camps? Are you any better than the famous racists of the past in that case? Anyone educated knows racism is nurture over nature and there's no doubt it's wrong, the solution is not within our grasp especially in the current political climate.
Lol, racism is wrong.
Fuck off already, you wordy cunt.

We have the French skipper leading us so if he does not want the wrath of Hugo on him he had better give it his all, which i am sure he will Woolwich lover not withstanding.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Lamela, Sissoko, Eriksen, Kane"][/formation]

Bench: Vorm, Davies, Wanyama, Alli, Son, N'Koudou, Janssen

I'd like to see this starting XI with everyone in form. We'd shut people down while still being a serious offensive threat. If we stay healthy this is a very diverse and complete squad. I'm excited to see what Poch can do with these guys.

Here's an idea - why don't you give the guy a fucking chance before getting on his back. End of.
It's hardly getting on his back. It's not as if Sissoko is reading this forum. And it is a forum, where different opinions, challenges and concerns are shared among fans. Signing Sissoko per se is not an issue. It's the £30m that is, especially considering what he delivered and how he performed across a whole season, not just the last five games in the run up to a major championships and the opening of a transfer window. I'm pretty sure Levy and Poch will both be appalled at what they've had to outlay to get him.

So have we actually had confirmation?

Its not gonna have gone through now is it. Then you lot can all go back to moaning about signing no-one.

Rather than moaning about signing someone, but not the right someone.

The someone YOU wanted.

Good to see at least your supportive of Levy stumping up the Cheese :ap:

Here's an idea - why don't you give the guy a fucking chance before getting on his back. End of.

I'm not on his back. I'm not saying any of this to Sissoko, and honestly I doubt he'd really give a shit if I did.

Do you have any sources for these claims that he thinks he's better than us? He'd have to be a real delusional piece of shit to think he's better than a club in the champions league which was competing for the title last year. As I said I think a lot of the bad attitude claims are just social media guff unless you're willing to provide some quotes from sissoko which prove otherwise.

Moussa Sissoko: Newcastle midfielder 'waiting' on Real Madrid approach

"I hope Real will come for me, I'm still waiting," Sissoko told World Football.

I'm not saying that new signings should see Spurs as the pinnacle of their career (because let's face it, if they're really good then we aren't), but I'm a little worried that he'll see Spurs as nothing more than a richer Newcastle and play the same way for Spurs that he did for them. Surely there's some truth to all the bitching from Newcastle fans online, it can't all just be sour grapes.

I only skim-read the last few pages but not sure anyone has mentioned or considered the role Hugo might have had in this signing. Sissoko says he spoke to Hugo about Spurs, there's no way Poch wouldn't have consulted he club captain about this signing given they are international team mates.

Adds a little esteem to it all surely?

I'll trust em and pass judgement when judgement can be passed I think.

I'm not on his back. I'm not saying any of this to Sissoko, and honestly I doubt he'd really give a shit if I did.

I'm not saying that new signings should see Spurs as the pinnacle of their career (because let's face it, if they're really good then we aren't), but I'm a little worried that he'll see Spurs as nothing more than a richer Newcastle and play the same way for Spurs that he did for them. Surely there's some truth to all the bitching from Newcastle fans online, it can't all just be sour grapes.

Newcastle fans are pretty fucking stupid.

They got relegated so yeah, it can be.

On the whole this was a successful window. We got a new striker, a new DM, a pacey winger and a pacey attack minded CM.

Forget prices. The first two signing were ridiculously cheap for this window and the last was OTT. Evens itself out if u look at the bigger picture.

Shame we didn't get a playmaker but I think our perspective on this window has changed based on the performances - or lack there of - of Eriksen, Alli and Kane who have all started this season on a slow burn.

After this international break we have (injuries permitting) a full strength squad with good competition in almost all areas. With Mousa back and a shake up from Eriksen and Alli we will look a different outfit to the one we've seen in the first 3 games.

Also one final word on the lazy Sissoko stuff. It wasn't so long ago that Dembele would fall into that bracket and Poch has turned him into a linchpin. Let's not judge Sissoko on his apparent attitude for another club (a depression shambles of a club) and another manager.

Unreal for an hour or so on here last night.
The "levy haters" like me, were pulling him off and singing his name.
The levy fan boys became haters and doubters.
The ones in the middle, well they tended to stay in the middle.
Take it we'll al be back to normal today though

People were moaning about our lack of strength on the bench for the first 3 games...
Well now we've bought 3 or 4 (depending on how you see N'Koudou being used) 1st team QUALITY Squad members...
Surely that's different to 'bench warmers'?
As the whole point of having a 1st Team SQUAD is that players CAN come on from the bench abd NOT weaken the team... or be some kinda "oh you'll do" last ditch dice roll...

I FULLY expect the likes of Eriksen, Lamela, Dier and Kane to spend SOME games starting from the bench, a) to give them a rest, and b) 'cos the players we have now brought in, are MORE than capable of playing those positions. .. they're not even 'filling in'... that's what Mason, Bebtaleb & Chadli did...
These players are here to PLAY, and we've potentially got 50+ games for them to share around.

Just look at our bench for the Liverpool game, and compare it with what will now be at our disposal for the Stoke game.
There SHOULD be quite a difference!

We've strengthened, not let anyone WE didn't want to go, leave, Yes it's cost us a few quid... but we're a CL club this season... we CAN throw money about!
(It'll still never be as much as other clubs... and still not appease SOME fans)

...but as Ted Moult once never said: I'm happy with the window.

Back
Top Bottom