England Manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The FA thought Southgate was their Low - they've fucked it this time round

Also Low had been a manager for a very long time prior to becoming germany manager
Good point, I wouldn't mind Southgare. I would pick him over jabba the hut everyday of the week, I would give him the nod over my pick Howe, he has done a good job with U21's. Has there been an official refusal from him or is that lit just press talk?

As I think Henry Winter put it; the England job is not for anyone with young(ish) children. Sad fact that even football journos admit the England job comes with bile from press and certain supporters. He was explaining this to a french journo on a podcast who was bemused by the notion.

As for Fat Sam, he made the point about how he would be perceived if he had a vowel on the end of his name. Compare his Bolton side with Cladio Ranieri's Leicester "miracle," team and I know which one I would prefer to watch. Youri Djorkaeff, Jay Jay Ocaha, Anelka, et al. The recent Leicester side is more akin to Graham's Scum teams

Edit

If my name was Allardici I'd be a top four boss, jokes West Ham boss

Last edited:
As I think Henry Winter put it; the England job is not for anyone with young(ish) children. Sad fact that even football journos admit the England job comes with bile from press and certain supporters. He was explaining this to a french journo on a podcast who was bemused by the notion.

As for Fat Sam, he made the point about how he would be perceived if he had a vowel on the end of his name. Compare his Bolton side with Cladio Ranieri's Leicester "miracle," team and I know which one I would prefer to watch. Youri Djorkaeff, Jay Jay Ocaha, Anelka, et al

He does have a vowel on the end of his name. :freund:

200'ish games to Howes +300'sh games

Löw managed teams in the top leagues in Germany, Turkey, and Austria, competing several times in the European club competitions over a decade, and then spent 2 years as Klinsmann's #2 doing all the serious tactical work for Klinsmann whose style as a manager is really more of a motivational figurehead. Howe has gotten a club promoted through the Football League...

Not slating Howe as a manager, he might become the greatest English manager of this century, but to say his career is - at this point - in a similar position to Löw's when he took over Germany is just false, period.

For what it's worth, if the FA wanted Klinsmann I'd pack his bag. I really like him, but as a manager he's a false dawn...talks a great game but in the end it's just a load of broken promises. 5 years on and the US is still playing the same shit defend with 10 and pray for luck on a counter football we've been playing for 2 decades, and with pretty much the same old squad that Bradley built. Dempsey is roughly 47 years old and we still rely on him to score all the goals. Please hire Jurgen, please.

Now take a look at where they managed, the type of teams they managed against, the competitions they managed in.

I could manage 500 games at Blackpool, should I now go coach France?

If you can cope with Karl Oyston for 500 games then you have paid your dues

After the Wally with the Brolly and Wanker Woy, the only question I'm left asking is how the fuck they were ever chosen in front of Sam in the first place.

Honest question, what were their credentials that Sam's weren't at the time of both their appointments ?

Typical FA wankathon, if it was raining soup them dopey cunts would choose to go outside with a knife and fork.

I'm surprised the FA have even spoken to Sam.. They do love a squeaky clean manager, hence the reason why Harry missed the boat.
Allardyce was outed, along with Harry, for taking large brown envelopes from agents, of which his son was one.
Panarama exposed him for taking bungs but all this seems to be forgotten for some reason.
The FA will be weary that there could be a lot more skeletons in his closet..

Last edited:
For what it's worth, if the FA wanted Klinsmann I'd pack his bag. I really like him, but as a manager he's a false dawn...talks a great game but in the end it's just a load of broken promises. 5 years on and the US is still playing the same shit defend with 10 and pray for luck on a counter football we've been playing for 2 decades, and with pretty much the same old squad that Bradley built. Dempsey is roughly 47 years old and we still rely on him to score all the goals. Please hire Jurgen, please.

:klinsmann:

Last edited:
Now take a look at where they managed, the type of teams they managed against, the competitions they managed in.

I could manage 500 games at Blackpool, should I now go coach France?
The point raised I was responding to was experiene, the answer I gave was to show he in fact had more experience than both Low and Coleman when they took their respective international jobs. Facts are facts.

Löw managed teams in the top leagues in Germany, Turkey, and Austria, competing several times in the European club competitions over a decade, and then spent 2 years as Klinsmann's #2 doing all the serious tactical work for Klinsmann whose style as a manager is really more of a motivational figurehead. Howe has gotten a club promoted through the Football League...

Not slating Howe as a manager, he might become the greatest English manager of this century, but to say his career is - at this point - in a similar position to Löw's when he took over Germany is just false, period.

Still more experienced at the point of starting international jobs, fact are facts.

Agree with Klinsman but that's based solely on the noises from you guys in States as no one has any interest in US football here. Maybe US expectations are too high?? I've yet to see a good American footballer ever other than a goalkeeper, I'd be very surprised to see a US side play anything other than a shit brand of football given how shit your individual players are. I'm well aware of your possible comebacks on the back of this sighting a hand full of past results but until US produce decent footballers it's hard to expect people not from the US to look any differently on US football scene, sorry.

Last edited:
Allardyce was outed, along with Harry, for taking large brown envelopes from agents, of which his son was one.

No, he was accused - you'll always be accused if your son/family member decides to be an agent. There was nothing in it - difference was that Harry got charged because he was dodgy, whereas Sam didn't because he wasn't.

So it looks like it's between Fat Head Allardyce and Steve Mrs Doubtfire Bruce..

Neither have won fuck all, ones win rate is 28% and the others is 34%..

It's so refreshing to see the FA have learnt from their mistakes..

Back
Top Bottom