Worst player of the season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe it's just when he comes on the pitch it's like we have gone down to 10 men, so lightweight but without any of eriksen's skills or intelligence, can't figure out why bentaleb after playing so well was dropped for him and chadli. A central middle of chadli and siggy will struggle to control hull let alone Liverpool.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you, I don't rate him one bit, just not sure this season he's been able to give an account of himself.

Naughton gets a lot of shit off people, but he's another Dawson - perhaps not the most talented, but I love that he beats on the door of his own ability a lot of the time and looks to take responsibility for his errors.

I like Sandro, but he's doing a Sherwood and playing a pantomime role instead of doing his job properly.

Dembélé? He's played 41 games this season, and (Gibbs style) he's provided one goal and one assist in the PL. He's averaged 2 tackles a game and 0.6 shots - I'm really confused as to what he's contributed this season at all.

You can almost hear the gears squeaking in his brain while he makes a decision. Naughton needs to go. Part of the braindead aspect of the team.

You can almost hear the gears squeaking in his brain while he makes a decision. Naughton needs to go. Part of the braindead aspect of the team.
A hundred percent disagree. Naughton isn't good enough to be a regular in the first team but nevertheless he has some quality as a right back and if he has no problem with siting on the bench and being just a backup for Walker I don't see why he should leave.

Don't see why he's getting stick, since covering for Walker at RB in his NATURAL position he's been solid. Stick Walker at LB for a stint and I'm sure you'll turn against him also.

Between naughton rose and lennon. All shit. Keep rose as back up. ship naughton to League one and lennon can fuck off to west brom or crystal palace. Not good enough, never will be.

I don't watch enough games to have a worthwhile opinion, so I'll cast my vote through the medium of song:

Shit but we're sixth, shit but we're siiiiixth, we've got (lots of players in bad form coupled with an unfortunate set of circumstances) but we're sixth and we're shit.

A hundred percent disagree. Naughton isn't good enough to be a regular in the first team but nevertheless he has some quality as a right back and if he has no problem with siting on the bench and being just a backup for Walker I don't see why he should leave.

So if he's not good enough for the first team. And you 100% disagree?

He's a SHIT right back. Shit.

Think Naughton has pretty much redeemed himself for me in the last few months. Thought he has been decent at right back, it doesn't help the only guy he can pass to is an absolutely out of form lennon. As a second choice right back he's pretty much as good as you are gonna get. Rose on the other hand has completely shown his weaknesses throughout this season, his pace is good, his willingness to get forward is good, everything else is well below standard. For someone who was a clubs player of the year last year he's probably our worst player near the starting 11.

Solid? Are you fkn kidding me?

Naughton? Solid?

Solid?

As COVER for RB, yes, and more importantly he doesn't hide, like a number of others do.

In fact I even searched here for the string "fucks sake Naughton" and nothing came up so I must be right.

For me Danny Rose has been consistently bad all season. Not good enough defensively and too keen to get forward to inevitably give the ball away cheaply and get caught miles out of position. Naughton has also been a liability but is our 2nd choice. I haven't seen anything in Rose's game that suggests he'll ever be good enough for our first team. Our entire and ever changing back four have been like a tragic comedy this year. None of them have been able to step up and take responsibility and the amount of stupid mistakes that have been made is absolutely crazy.
I recognise other players in more advanced positions haven't contributed enough and we've had a very disjointed season with lots of unwelcome changes but surely the first priority has to be to make our defence mean, commited and hard to score against then the more creative players can do their jobs without us giving away hopeless soft goals.

Let's focus on the negatives

Hugo. Knows he's to good for us, has said so. Gone
Walker. Looked good, got crocked. Glass legs.
Naughton. Shit.
Dawson. Slow, shit.
Vertonghen. Sulking bell end.
Kaboul. Permacrock. Shit eyebrows.
Chicheres. Looked good, decided to get pissed and fall over. Out for 4 months. Cunt.
Rose. Built like a brick shit house. Brain like a brick shit house.
Sandro. Perma crock.
Bentaleb. Shit.
Capoue. Looked good, got crocked, played out of position. Ruined. Well done Sherwood.
Dembele. Permacrock.
Lennon. Bored.
Chadli. Average at best.
Siggy. Bang average.
Townsend. Cut inside, shoot, miss, repeat.
Lamela. Excuse me, how much?
Eriksen. He's good....therefore gone.
Soldado. Flashes of brilliance but mainly flash backs of Robbie Keane.
Holtby. Fulham
Kane. Never has a player screamed QPR as much as young Kane.
Ade. The better he plays the more I think he's a cunt for not trying previously.

AVB. like watching paint dry but at least made us fairly solid.
Sherwood. Clownshoe cunt. Die.

Levy. I would rather hitler was running my club.

All in all not a bad season then.

Let's focus on the negatives

Hugo. Knows he's to good for us, has said so. Gone
Walker. Looked good, got crocked. Glass legs.
Naughton. Shit.
Dawson. Slow, shit.
Vertonghen. Sulking bell end.
Kaboul. Permacrock. Shit eyebrows.
Chicheres. Looked good, decided to get pissed and fall over. Out for 4 months. Cunt.
Rose. Built like a brick shit house. Brain like a brick shit house.
Sandro. Perma crock.
Bentaleb. Shit.
Capoue. Looked good, got crocked, played out of position. Ruined. Well done Sherwood.
Dembele. Permacrock.
Lennon. Bored.
Chadli. Average at best.
Siggy. Bang average.
Townsend. Cut inside, shoot, miss, repeat.
Lamela. Excuse me, how much?
Eriksen. He's good....therefore gone.
Soldado. Flashes of brilliance but mainly flash backs of Robbie Keane.
Holtby. Fulham
Kane. Never has a player screamed QPR as much as young Kane.
Ade. The better he plays the more I think he's a cunt for not trying previously.

AVB. like watching paint dry but at least made us fairly solid.
Sherwood. Clownshoe cunt. Die.

Levy. I would rather hitler was running my club.

All in all not a bad season then.
Content overall then?

Lennon. A player that has been around so long should step up and lead when things get tough but he just hides. Shit season from a player that shouldn't be on this team anymore. Needs to be sold.

Back
Top Bottom