Worst player of the season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think there are different measures.

Cost versus return would have to be Soldado, but he's really tried and has had a difficult time of things.

Most underwhelming purchase would be Paulinho.

Least effective use of talent and passion would be Vertonghen.

Weirdest turnaround in form (from good to useless) would probably be either Dembélé or Sandro.

Overall, though, I'd be tempted to say Lennon or Rose, but I'll go with Lennon on the basis that he should be performing better.

I'll be honest in the fact that I think it's 99% tactics and training that have contributed, rather than talent, although effort could have been higher from some.

Again it's a ability verses attitude, what ever the bad management of avb or Tim Sandro, verts and dembele's attitude has quite frankly been shit, when a 19 year old has more balls than the 3 of them combined it makes my blood boil.

I almost feel they owe the fans an apology, when naughton makes a mistake it's because of who he is you can't blame him he's trying, what's excuse do our better players have. All of the then need to look at eriksen and follow his lead.

Again it's a ability verses attitude, what ever the bad management of avb or Tim Sandro, verts and dembele's attitude has quite frankly been shit, when a 19 year old has more ball than the 3 of them combined it makes my blood boil.

I almost feel they owe the fans an apology, when naughton makes a mistake it's because of who he is you can't blame him he's trying, what's excuse do our better players have. All of the then need to look at eriksen and follow his lead.

That's annoyed me a little with Rose, Vertonghen & Kaboul. All three have made a lot of mistakes combined, two have been sent off, many many points lost, none have really shown any regret or passion. Naughton gets a lot of shit off people, but he's another Dawson - perhaps not the most talented, but I love that he beats on the door of his own ability a lot of the time and looks to take responsibility for his errors.

I like Sandro, but he's doing a Sherwood and playing a pantomime role instead of doing his job properly.

Dembélé? He's played 41 games this season, and (Gibbs style) he's provided one goal and one assist in the PL. He's averaged 2 tackles a game and 0.6 shots - I'm really confused as to what he's contributed this season at all.

Ah I see shot straight from the hip didn't i.

It was meant asa joke, poorly executed, as per W&B standard.

The topic of this thread posts difficult questions. Do we go by mistakes made? Then we have to look at basically all our defenders.

Do we look at failed expectations? Then we have to look at Capoue and Soldado.

Or do we look at someone like Dembele who all season long looked like a shadow of his former self.

Eriksen and Lloris for not being team players. how did they dare make everyone else look even shittier than they actually were by playing good?

Veljkovic

milos-veljkovic.jpg

He's had two minutes on the pitch and what did he do? Only seven passes.

Not only that, but he's 19 in September too.. past it. I knew he'd never make it. Release him. Pay him to go.

[/sarcasm]

Joking aside, that's how we seem to treat our Dev players these days though :lennon:

Rose hasn't had a good season but he's not a LB, so being played out of position.

Naughton and Dawson have been poor despite some good effort. Just not the required quality for the PL.

Bobby S has been a bad finisher but I like everything else he gives us - movement, energy and some quality passing.

Worse player for me in terms of value for money is Paulinho. I appreciate that he may be tired etc but to me, there's something bigger wrong.

It was meant asa joke, poorly executed, as per W&B standard.

The topic of this thread posts difficult questions. Do we go by mistakes made? Then we have to look at basically all our defenders.

Do we look at failed expectations? Then we have to look at Capoue and Soldado.

Or do we look at someone like Dembele who all season long looked like a shadow of his former self.

It's a mess, players who have under performed IMO, and it's a lot. All of them should have done better.

Soldado
Sandro
Capoue
Verts
Dembele
Rose (yes attitude not just ability)
Townsend
Lennon
Kaboul (injury and coming back from injury might be an excuse)
Paulinho

ill fix it

Off topic can someone tell me why bentaleb has not be used recently, it was Sherwoods big ace card, an unknown player putting in some very decent performances. Then he got replaced in central midfield by the disappearing duo of siggy and chadli who do fuck all.

It seems Sherwood even has to undo his own good work can't get my head round it.

Back
Top Bottom