Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really liked what I saw today, he has a touch of David Luiz about him but with better awareness and positioning. And more importantly, seems like he might be proper Spursy!

Looks like he could be decent player. He's definitely more Verts than Daws, just looks 'comfortable' on the ball - although he's not the cultured beast that Jan is, at 23 though he's got time. Can't believe he's only 23, looks so much older, think it's his haircut!

Surprised me how short he looked compared to Dawson and Vertonghen, he's listed at 6'2" but he's a couple of inches shy of that. Had a good game, he'll need a run of games to get fully into the swing of things but I can't forsee that happening sadly.

@ lovetheshirt lovetheshirt he's "Vertonghen of Romania" looking alike (style of playing),but much younger than "original",Vlad have 23 years old ,making 24 years old (on 14 november this year),in this game vs.Aston Villa,he played chill,being first game of his in PL ,was more careful to not mistake badly,but i know that he could play much more than this ,simple passes,for Steaua ,last year (obviously,he played more offensive,yes,probable,low quality of many teams from here,allowed to him to attack more,and he liked to score),probable in a rightfull moment ,in a game he will advance much more and focus to score ,or to give an assist....

Your boy did well yesterday... a little shaky at times, but that's only to be expected seeing as he was making his first start in the Prem.
Am I right in thinking he now has more first team appearances at Villa Park than he does at White Hart Lane???

@ ArcspacE ArcspacE was OK,i say for his first game in PL ,statistics said that he had 85% pass accuracy ,won 67% duels,and had 5 clearances from 5 ...in yesterday game v A.Villa

I'm going to be a bit negative here and say that if he'd had that performance against a genuinely threatening team we'd have struggled yesterday. 85% completion isn't bad, but when he did give it away it was in pretty bad situations.

Hopefully he'll be able to adjust his decision making to the pressuring game quickly.

@ LLB Part Deux LLB Part Deux i'm sure that when he start to settle ,adjusting comfortable at the lifestyle in London ,and knowing much more his team mates (compatibility with them speaking) he will start to play more ,and more better...also,he don't know much well rival teams,being newcomer in the squad,after this season,when will see all the teams (rivals) from PL,in the next year ,other will be the situation for him,anyway like defender,in this moment,he must play careful ,simple passes,and maybe in Europa League games,will be more implicated in Tottenham actions during the game,advancing more in the opponent area...

Jonathan Rhys Meyers ,in the new role of...Dracula (NBC series,will start soon) here the trailer,i bet Vlad will watch this new series ,like all of us from ...Romania :)

PLAY-OFF (World Cup 2014) DRAW MADE:
1. Greece-Romania (Chiriches) ,first game in Greece
2. Portugal-Sweden (Ronaldo vs Ibrahimovic!!!)
3. Ukraine-France (Lloris)
4. Croatia-Iceland (Sigurdsson)

as much as you always want to see the best players at their peak play in world cups, the looks on Blatter and Platini's faces if darling Ronaldo doesn't make it there would be priceless.

PLAY-OFF (World Cup 2014) DRAW MADE:
1. Greece-Romania (Chiriches) ,first game in Greece
2. Portugal-Sweden (Ronaldo vs Ibrahimovic!!!)
3. Ukraine-France (Lloris)
4. Croatia-Iceland (Sigurdsson)
Not a bad draw for you.

You lot are going to hate me but I don't think I like him already. He's one of those players that make me nervous when he has the ball. Reminds me of Bassong, lots of pace but that doesn't make you a good centre back. And let's not kid ourselves he was marking a lone striker of Kozak and he had a beast helping the defense out in Sandro!

Hope I'm wrong about him but I can't see him being great for us.

@ SadlerTHFC SadlerTHFC we will see what will be with him, what you expected from him that he play in his first game in PL like Thiago Motta or Chiellini? to be like them must to play more games to know much better his team mates,and them to know Chiriches more better,need time for this ,i hope not more than 3 months,he start to play 1 month ago until now,time will resolve all...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom