Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon Vinny could thrive in Scotland...

Cheeky phone call to Celtic to arrange a swap with (the other) Dembele anyone???

I'm almost semi-serious!

I think he has a bucket load of skill but perhaps needs to forget about contributing to the build-up and goal hanging for a bit? Few goals in the bag and I hope he'll be ok. Feel a bit sad hearing him slated all the time (not always on here) feel he has a lot to his game and looks like a decent footballer. People like Souness saying he is too slow for the Prem. Didn't they say the same about Lamella? He turned out ok from what I can remember. Also whilst a different time Bergkamp and Teddy did ok with no pace, saying that it's a different type of game now that seems to be about speed and fitness as much as anything. If it wasn't people like Henderson wouldn't be playing

You would have to be out of your mind to trade one of the most form players in the UK for Vin.

Funny you say that....

Screen-Shot-2015-09-12-at-21.28.23.png

We won't have to... they'll think he's a fucking GOD up there!!
They took to Mark Viduka and Pierre van Hooijdonk pretty quickly didn't they??
Both of them were pretty effective in the Premier League and scored a few goals too - not the best we've ever seen but, sadly, Vinny is nowhere near them at the moment. Maybe a loan to Celtic would be good as part of the Dembele deal. We have to be careful with Dembele. Kenny Miller has, on occasion, looked half decent (I feel sick writing this...) in the SPL now and again.

funny comparison Viduka, he was strong, held the ball up well but lacked speed. Our man looks similar at times but is much fitter/sharper
I never liked the fat Aussie wanker, but no way on earth Jansen is even in the same league as him ( debatable they are in the same fucking sport most of the time sadly )

I remember Lamela was mediocre his first season then played a Europa League game and looked completely different. Won a penalty for Defoe and may have scored if I remember correctly - seemed to spark his confidence, until he got injured.

Janssen needs one of those games where he's on fire and scores a goal or two. It will help him so much when he's actually got the belief to take a shot, rather than passing backwards.

I remember Lamela was mediocre his first season then played a Europa League game and looked completely different. Won a penalty for Defoe and may have scored if I remember correctly - seemed to spark his confidence, until he got injured.

Janssen needs one of those games where he's on fire and scores a goal or two. It will help him so much when he's actually got the belief to take a shot, rather than passing backwards.
Lamela was mediocre first season because he was sabbotaged by that fraud AVB. I remember he was sensational in a europa game (forgot who it was against) then AVB proceeded to drop him the next game against Newcastle at home (where we lost). It was obvious AVB wasnt a fan.

Lamela was mediocre first season because he was sabbotaged by that fraud AVB. I remember he was sensational in a europa game (forgot who it was against) then AVB proceeded to drop him the next game against Newcastle at home (where we lost). It was obvious AVB wasnt a fan.

I think he spent that fateful half of the season trying to undermine Baldini.

Back
Top Bottom