TOTTENHAM VS SUNDERLAND (JERMAIN DEFOE DERBY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One way to break these teams down is to score first then a second and force them out. We need to be clinical in front of goal.

Players as Dembele are important as he takes players on, disrupting their formation. You need to ask questions of their style- attack the weak link etc...?

Just a thought...
LC, first half, first defended in numbers and with this, disrupted our style by leaving the boot in after the ball had gone on every occasion, making players uncomfortable when receiving the ball. It creates a little more urgency and causes errors-we couldn't get control but believed we would second half.. Suddenly we lost control in the second half whilst we were trying to regroup, They attack with numbers, changing their game slightly. looking for the free kicks/corners and to create more confusion.- very clever. We struggle to adapt our game quickly and try to plod on. Maybe we should look at subs at half time and look to dominate from the off rather than give the same predicable play that allows the other team to change things and push us back? The Chaves would resort to LC way of playing without question and get the result.
dembele is crucial because he does things none of the others can do.
I think we are quite predictable & don't really have a great plan B yet.

good point about getting an early goal.
I remember utd under fergie. they used to go for it from the first whistle. waves of attacks.
usually they would get an earlyish goal & then it changes everything.
the longer it stays 0-0 the more the opposition start to feel more confident.
its just vital we get the goal in the first half when we do this.
we aren't especially creative or clinical. this is a big problem.

They swap numerous times throughout the match though. Alli is a player who flourishes as a deep midfielder.

I'd fully disagree and say that he plays so much better when he pushes up beside Kane, which he does a lot more than Dembele. It's rare Dembele will stay up with Kane while we defend, while we have seen Alli do that a fair bit in some games. The number 10 role gives him the freedom, and I think he has more confidence knowing Dembele is playing behind him than Tom Carroll.

One way to break these teams down is to score first then a second and force them out. We need to be clinical in front of goal.

Players as Dembele are important as he takes players on, disrupting their formation. You need to ask questions of their style- attack the weak link etc...?

Just a thought...
LC, first half, first defended in numbers and with this, disrupted our style by leaving the boot in after the ball had gone on every occasion, making players uncomfortable when receiving the ball. It creates a little more urgency and causes errors-we couldn't get control but believed we would second half.. Suddenly we lost control in the second half whilst we were trying to regroup, They attack with numbers, changing their game slightly. looking for the free kicks/corners and to create more confusion.- very clever. We struggle to adapt our game quickly and try to plod on. Maybe we should look at subs at half time and look to dominate from the off rather than give the same predicable play that allows the other team to change things and push us back? The Chaves would resort to LC way of playing without question and get the result.

Much as I hate to say it, but what ArseAnal have done numerous times is score 2 in quick succession... I know it's easier said than done, but they seem to be able to do it with annoying regularity... score one, then fuck it, score another to kill off any thoughts of a comeback... 'cos when they don't (like on Wednesday) they're just as vulnerable as the rest of us to a 'spirited' comeback... but whenever I hear they've scored, I'm just waiting to hear "...and we're back to the Emirates, where there's been another goal..." ...and you just feel in your gut what way it's gone!
Why can't we just do that? simple, no?

Much as I hate to say it, but what ArseAnal have done numerous times is score 2 in quick succession... I know it's easier said than done, but they seem to be able to do it with annoying regularity... score one, then fuck it, score another to kill off any thoughts of a comeback... 'cos when they don't (like on Wednesday) they're just as vulnerable as the rest of us to a 'spirited' comeback... but whenever I hear they've scored, I'm just waiting to hear "...and we're back to the Emirates, where there's been another goal..." ...and you just feel in your gut what way it's gone!
Why can't we just do that? simple, no?
............they have only scored 3 more gaols than us

Rather Dembele started
The Poch has me nervous i'll be on the lookout for the line up like
HfvIqAr.png

No doubt big Sam would be thinking if we can do same.
So they will sit deep and hit LONG..... goal kicks etc to a couple of willing runners.

What we need to do is hit a couple of early goals.

For me we need to make some changes even trust some our squad -
Lloris, Trippier, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Dembele, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane

We win 3-1.

Big difference between Leicester and Sunderland tho

3-0 Mighty Spurs!

Back
Top Bottom