Tottenham V NUFC - COC 17 Dec - Block 34 (unofficial)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could well be the perfect storm...
A (relatively) high profile fixture...
Premier League opposition...
REVENGE DUE!

Let's show them all at the club what fucking support is... then maybe Levy will finally realise that it's not all about Dads and Kids in the Paxton shelling out £100+ on a matchday... it's also about the HARTBEAT(sic.) of the club... the long standing, die-hard fans who just want to sing and support... support and sing in equal measure... not berate a Youth player for a wayward pass, or heckle a £100k+ a week striker just 'cos of a team he used to play for!!

We can actually prove we do have decent, fanatical support... and not having to resort to taking our shirts off in December (hello Newcastle fans) to prove it!

Ahem, there are some of us 'Dads and kids ' that attend, that also get behind the team and love the 1882 movement and what it stands for!!!. My boy is 9 and when I say we are off to Spurs his first question is usually is it an 1882 match! He turned to me during the Brighton game ( were on Block 30 of the shelf ) and said the bloke next to him was a ' melt ' as all he was doing was moaning..........

Seriously this is the kind of thing you should make Flav Flav and Thelonious Thelonious aware of, if even 9yr olds are recognising the difference in atmosphere and enjoying those games then it is doing the job

I usually take my pal's 11 year old boy to 1882's.

Took him to WHL for a PL game against Stoke and he wondered where all the noise was.

Explained to him about 1882 / home atmosphere's for PL games.

He now only wants to go when it's an 1882 game.

:adethumbup:

Is everybody on a wind up here? Two points;

1) I have been to a few games this season that 1882 have attended and the atmosphere has been shocking. Just a handful of people singing songs that are cringe.

2) When the corner of the Shelf & Park Lane are in full voice that's what you call an atmospheric ground, not twenty chaps from 1882 yelling. I'm not having a go - you all enjoy yourself - and that's really all that matters at football.

But don't be arrogant enough to believe you give the ground a new lease of life and make away fans sit in awe of us. You really don't. 1882 were at the Brighton match, which was an alright atmosphere, but the songs coming from the Shelf/Park corner carried around the ground. 1882's nine renditions of Oh When The Spurs didn't.

The main question seems to be why has the atmosphere vanished at WHL?
-Probably because we're doing shocking on the pitch, three years ago we had a chance to make a brilliant team and since we've gone down hill. Brought players, staff and managers who aren't Tottenham. There's no passion from the club or players. Why would there be passion from the fans? Who feel let down at the fact you pay £48, to be forced to sit down, whilst watching your team limp along to lose 3-0 to Liverpool?

I'll get the can opener... you bring the worms!!

I think our own Club's obsession with 'breaking 'Murrica' and The Premiership's obsession with making us a Global Brand and a stop on the Tourist trail are two contributory factors in what you're talking about...
also, I'd wager that most (if not all) of the fans in attendance at WHL on a matchday haven't walked directly from their home to the ground, and I'm sure a large amount would have travelled more than 5-10 miles away speaks volumes!
and despite the 5 minute montage they occasionally put up on the Jumbotron at half-time about the latest community project that Ledley's been to,there's no real local community spirit about the club any more...
I'm not saying that we insist Lamela gets on the 123 bus to the ground from Walthamstow, sitting alongside the fans, but you know what I mean!

Last edited:
Is everybody on a wind up here? Two points;

1) I have been to a few games this season that 1882 have attended and the atmosphere has been shocking. Just a handful of people singing songs that are cringe.

2) When the corner of the Shelf & Park Lane are in full voice that's what you call an atmospheric ground, not twenty chaps from 1882 yelling. I'm not having a go - you all enjoy yourself - and that's really all that matters at football.

But don't be arrogant enough to believe you give the ground a new lease of life and make away fans sit in awe of us. You really don't. 1882 were at the Brighton match, which was an alright atmosphere, but the songs coming from the Shelf/Park corner carried around the ground. 1882's nine renditions of Oh When The Spurs didn't.

The main question seems to be why has the atmosphere vanished at WHL?
-Probably because we're doing shocking on the pitch, three years ago we had a chance to make a brilliant team and since we've gone down hill. Brought players, staff and managers who aren't Tottenham. There's no passion from the club or players. Why would there be passion from the fans? Who feel let down at the fact you pay £48, to be forced to sit down, whilst watching your team limp along to lose 3-0 to Liverpool?

I think you are over analysing it here mate. It was fun, so I will do it again, end of story. I am not trying to save football from the 21st Century.

My Zenith hath been achieved... Block 34, (bang in the middle) Row 18 Seat 82!!
:levyeyes:
Ah, now they know where to find me to clear up the mess... but believe me, if I was allowed to bring a broom in to sweep up afterwards, I would...!!! But the THFC rules specifically say; Rule 66, Sub-clause 6: "no sticks (broom or flagpoles) allowed" unfortunately... awwwwwwwww, shame!
:levywhoa:

This could well be the perfect storm...
A (relatively) high profile fixture...
Premier League opposition...
REVENGE DUE!

Let's show them all at the club what fucking support is... then maybe Levy will finally realise that it's not all about Dads and Kids in the Paxton shelling out £100+ on a matchday... it's also about the HARTBEAT(sic.) of the club... the long standing, die-hard fans who just want to sing and support... support and sing in equal measure... not berate a Youth player for a wayward pass, or heckle a £100k+ a week striker just 'cos of a team he used to play for!!

We can actually prove we do have decent, fanatical support... and not having to resort to taking our shirts off in December (hello Newcastle fans) to prove it!

Problem is there's too many season ticket holders spread throughout the South Stand who'd get annoyed. For it to carry into the League the club would need to do something such as move the season ticket holders from this area if they wanted too.
99% of those with a season ticket on the Park Lane would have had it for a very long time. Most people DON'T give them up. They were probably in their seats for the most atmospheric games you've been too, when we beat Arse 5-1 - it was the best atmosphere I've ever seen at White Hart Lane - they would have been their. They don't get annoyed at people singing. There's an opportunity at the start of every season for them to swop to the Paxton, I doubt they're all choosing for the atmosphere to go completely flat instead of moving over there.

In my opinion the worst part of the South Stand is when away fans don't sell out and we get stragglers in 35. Kids & wifes who sit down as soon as a steward walks by. These are the people who get annoyed if you're on a chair singing...

Lets not put the rose tinters on too much, I have been at more games than i care to remember during the 90's where the crowd was booing and jeering players during the game and arguements used to start constantly during the Gross, Francis and later part of George Graham's tenure, i also remember the lane having a posionous atmosphere during the Venables and Sugar era and i cant forget the racist little fucker at peterborough away in the FA cup who was calling Ardlies all kinds of names.......the 90s, apart from the 91 cup run was a miserable time to be a Spurs fan, only the 99 league cup final stopped it being any worse.....

Ahem, there are some of us 'Dads and kids ' that attend, that also get behind the team and love the 1882 movement and what it stands for!!!. My boy is 9 and when I say we are off to Spurs his first question is usually is it an 1882 match! He turned to me during the Brighton game ( were on Block 30 of the shelf ) and said the bloke next to him was a ' melt ' as all he was doing was moaning..........

Seriously this is the kind of thing you should make Flav Flav and Thelonious Thelonious aware of, if even 9yr olds are recognising the difference in atmosphere and enjoying those games then it is doing the job

The 1882 do a cracking job for the cup games but wouldn't it be great to get that sort of atmosphere back in the league at home , At Villa on Sunday we was very loud but it seems at home no one wants to sing for some reason, QPR at home was good but apart from that I can't really remember us singing all game ? Around the Redknapp time our fans we're one of the loudest in the league I would love us to get back to that atmosphere

Lets not put the rose tinters on too much, I have been at more games than i care to remember during the 90's where the crowd was booing and jeering players during the game and arguements used to start constantly during the Gross, Francis and later part of George Graham's tenure, i also remember the lane having a posionous atmosphere during the Venables and Sugar era and i cant forget the racist little fucker at peterborough away in the FA cup who was calling Ardlies all kinds of names.......the 90s, apart from the 91 cup run was a miserable time to be a Spurs fan, only the 99 league cup final stopped it being any worse.....
Fucking hell BOS, you're the common denominator. Don't come again.

Only kidding mate, but we got through that. The game Mensa was on about, was 2003 or 04 IIRC, and it had picked up a lot by then.

All that is left is to teach him that Adebayor is a lazy fuck (Don't swear though)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom