Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we play with anything like the intensity we showed against WH I can only see one winner. There's a reason the table looks like it does, and our players will be full of running and self belief. 3-1 or better.

One positive: If Chelsea had scraped a win today (one shot on target, so it didn't seem likely) then the media would have been crowing about a resurgent Chelsea now aiming for 4th.

We denied them that, which makes me happy. Allowing them a point doesn't really help them make up for lost ground in the league, but it helps us keep in touching distance of the league leaders.

Credit to Chelsea. They won the important battles in the MF which seemed to be the difference today. Eriksen was off his game which definitely compounded things. Either way, not gonna dwell on the negative around only a point vs a 15th place side at Home. 13 straight without a loss and the momentum continues into an easier stretch on the fixture front
It's not a 15th place team, it's not Newcastle or Bournemouth, it's still Chelsea

Was a bit nervous about this game after our mid week excursion to the back of beyond and although a win would have been great I don't think a draw is that bad a result. Apart from citeh no-one else above us won so we haven't really lost any ground and December fixtures look favourable. Still along way to go but the signs are positive and team spirit seems excellent so whilst I don't want to get ahead of myself I'm feeling more optimistic than I have for a long time.

I'd rather Poch stayed out of the playground shit. He's always been very good at giving the press the bare minimum they require / deserve with standard pre packed sound bites.

I know Mourinho has had his cage rattled this season and is clearly under pressure, but it's a bit like arguing with a troll on here. We are above that.
I agree with the sentiment BUT when it comes to Mourinho I say kick the bastard when he is down. Week after week, year after year he targets opposing clubs and managers, trolling the fuck out of everyone. Now when he is fighting for his future, no other manager has shown the bottle to have a pop back, turn the screw, go for the jugular. Poch has just done that and I like it. But he has done it from a position of strength (unlike AVB's negative spiral comments) we really are a better team than them, they really only set up not to get beat and this really is the mindset of a small team.

u were meant to decide before u replied. then id trust u to be honest.
I am ruining this thread. so no more spelling tests from me.

Countdown_7f8a7c_426769.jpg

dier would be one we should look to start resting more. he is crucial & seems to play nearly every min.
please at least rest him against Monaco.
Why can't we just trust the manager? Who has access to state of the art training centre at his disposal and a team of fitness experts and statisticians measuring every training session with all players wearing GPS trackers recording every step and every output of every player.

I agree. I'd be disappointed to think we weren't aiming to win the league. We may not have the depth that others have, but if we aim for it and fall short then we're more than likely going to finish within the top 4. If we only aim for 4th then fall short it is another Europa League trip next season, which of course isn't terrible but I think we're more than capable of finishing in the top 4.

Question for you all..

Would you rather finish 3rd-4th and go out of the EL.
Finish 5-6th but win the EL.

I know you get CL if you win the EL.
I would rather finish 10th and win the Europa League than finish 4th and get knocked out now. It's not even close. Imagine Hugo lifting that trophy.

Can't sleep either. Went out for the boxing last night, had 2 bottles of red wine and got a taxi home with a donner calzone. Been watching highlights of our big wins since 2am and I fucking love Tottenham Hotspur.

Can someone direct me to a stream that doesn't look like it's being fed through a potato?

Every link I click on opens up about 50 really convincing Russian bride ads. I've already bought 7, my bank account can't take any more.

Back
Top Bottom