Tottenham or England?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do the Catholics in Northern Ireland support Northern Ireland?
istock_can-of-worms.jpg

I must confess I am more nervous about their performances than the teams. The way England fans, pundits & press pack alike scapegoat players is biblical. I wish them to play as they have done all year, C'mon boys.
If any of our boys do become scapegoats we'll just support them even more, similar to how the Mancs backed Beckham after his sending off against Argentina and he was getting stick from other teams.

But it'd be much nicer to see the spurs boys contribute to a success - I joked with a mate a few months ago a Spurs core of the team would win us the Euro's. I don't think we'll win it, but I'm sure we'll see all 5 of our players starting tomorrow.

When I was wee boy, dafter and less bitter it would probably be Scotland, anyone but england then Rangers/Spurs.

Now, I follow the Gers home/Away and get to about 6 or so Spurs games a season. Still attend the odd Scotland game but certainly don't enjoy it as much (mainly because we're pish and partly due to no Gers players being involved and more Celtc).

As I've 'matured', so I definitely do not describe to the 'anyone but England' camp that a number of Scots have done. In fact, my neighbour has purchased flags of all the nations that England will be playing. I'll be flying the Union flag in response.

However, I'll watch the England games and wish the Spurs boys do well. I cannot cheer a team with Jack Wheelchair, etc in it though.

I do have a soft spot for the Welsh, as have family down there (or maybe its because I think sheep are sexy wee so n so's).

I must confess I am more nervous about their performances than the teams. The way England fans, pundits & press pack alike scapegoat players is biblical. I wish them to play as they have done all year, C'mon boys.

Perhaps they will be the heroes and a shining light for our future. Expecting Jack 'the crock' to end up being a villain. Perhaps even missing a penalty along the way?

Imagine if we won? Totteham won the Euros :allitongue::dier::walker-scream::kaneear:

Nah, expect us to at least make the quarters and we come up against...:dembelewtf::vertna:

Perhaps they will be the heroes and a shining light for our future. Expecting Jack 'the crock' to end up being a villain. Perhaps even missing a penalty along the way?

Imagine if we won? Totteham won the Euros :allitongue::dier::walker-scream::kaneear:

Nah, expect us to at least make the quarters and we come up against...:dembelewtf::vertna:
It would pale in comparison to Spam winning the world cup though :harrylol:

It took this post for me to realize we still don't have a Rose face. That's a tragedy. He has such a good stern-face

108212.jpg

And such expressive what-the-fuck-have-I-done eyes.

2016-05-02_946%20Read-Only.jpg

And look at that terrifyingly creepy come-here-little-girl grin

475065024-tottenham-hotspur-defender-danny-rose-gettyimages.jpg

And that I'm-going-to-eat-your-baby roar!

danny-rose-tottenham_3427985.jpg

Maybe a Rose-Eriksen bro walk duo

dannyrose-cropped_16upa7cj6xhkp1qi2u2i7zzf83.jpg

But my favorite is probably this look of utter contempt and disgust

danny-rose-577801.jpg

Shame for England, should have won that. Fantastic goal by Dier. Rose was very good. Kane had a quiet game, getting no support..Alli was doing some good stuff, so was Walker.

Will get better though..

Shame for England, should have won that. Fantastic goal by Dier. Rose was very good. Kane had a quiet game, getting no support..Alli was doing some good stuff, so was Walker.

Will get better though..

Kane looked knackered after 70 mins, going to run him into the ground cus Arse/Vardy pissed Woy off with their ill-timed transfer.

Kane looked knackered after 70 mins, going to run him into the ground cus Arse/Vardy pissed Woy off with their ill-timed transfer.
Kane would never admit it but he needs a break from football. He's been playing non stop for a couple of years now with long seasons, U21s, pre season bollocks etc etc - someone really needs to give him a proper rest.

we lost that because we took Rooney off - who was running the show and put on an unfit and useless Willshite and Milner the unadventurous.

Sterling was shit but at least he could run them into the corners

Sack Woy and get Eddie Howe in

Kane would never admit it but he needs a break from football. He's been playing non stop for a couple of years now with long seasons, U21s, pre season bollocks etc etc - someone really needs to give him a proper rest.

Meaning someone in authority needs to get tough with him for his own good. His ego needs shrinking.

Even if I was English, I would still say Spurs, they are my one, true love. My only interest in any international team, is how many Spurs players are included, how well they perform and that they come back uninjured.
I can't cheer a gooner on, no matter what the occasion.
Saw the game in the bar at Alburquerque airport, waiting for the flight home via Houston. One of the advantages of having to get to an airport so early these days! Was very 'Spursey' as England had so much of the possession, especially in the first half, and then fell to a sucker punch right at the end. Very proud of all our boys, and Eric deserved his MOTM award. Was puzzled why Harry was taking corners though.

Back
Top Bottom