Tottenham Hotstats

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Statsbomb podcast. Must listen, Knutson dishes some dirt on Brentford.
*NEW* Rumour Has It, StatsBomb Transfers Podcast 4

Top stuff as usual.

Interesting on Tadic. I've always felt, he was a more productive player than he's given credit for. However I also felt it more when coming off the bench, so put it down to him being more of sub impact kind of players. I do think, the issue they speculate on is real. Just from looking at matches, he seems to have more of an ego than he should.

Was doing other stuff while listening, so might have missed something. What do mean by dirt on Brentford? Just that they hired a manager without consultant the number guys, ie. the guys doing transfers at the club there more than most (I'd think)? Or something else?

Top stuff as usual.

Interesting on Tadic. I've always felt, he was a more productive player than he's given credit for. However I also felt it more when coming off the bench, so put it down to him being more of sub impact kind of players. I do think, the issue they speculate on is real. Just from looking at matches, he seems to have more of an ego than he should.

Was doing other stuff while listening, so might have missed something. What do mean by dirt on Brentford? Just that they hired a manager without consultant the number guys, ie. the guys doing transfers at the club there more than most (I'd think)? Or something else?
Just that no one really knew what happened there last year. A lot of media speculation, but Brentford were one of the teams that (stupidly) banned the media from press conferences, so their coverage dried up and no one from Brentford talked to the press about what happened.

So, with the season imminent, so have been the analytically-minded previews.

Statsbomb have a bunch coming on last years top-7 clubs, plus others. James Yorke gave a sound assessment in ours: Tottenham Hotspur 2016/17 Season Preview: More Of The Same?

They also did a podcast on the recent transfer mayhem, which is likely their last one for a while. It's a considerably better listen than some of the other analytics/stats-oriented podcasts out there previewing things. The Double-Pivot podcasts have been ok, although niche. The Challengers podcast was one to avoid at all costs. They couldn't even correctly describe how we played.

Also, Goal Impact, which is a player rating organization, used their info to predict the season based on cumulative ratings. I think they're kind of full of shit myself:

Basically. 6 into 4 won't go, and at least two clubs have to massively improve over last season to meet the bookies (and pundits) expectations. We remain a very dark horse.

Statsbomb have a bunch coming on last years top-7 clubs, plus others. James Yorke gave a sound assessment in ours: Tottenham Hotspur 2016/17 Season Preview: More Of The Same?

They also did a podcast on the recent transfer mayhem, which is likely their last one for a while. It's a considerably better listen than some of the other analytics/stats-oriented podcasts out there previewing things. The Double-Pivot podcasts have been ok, although niche. The Challengers podcast was one to avoid at all costs. They couldn't even correctly describe how we played.

Also, Goal Impact, which is a player rating organization, used their info to predict the season based on cumulative ratings. I think they're kind of full of shit myself:

Basically. 6 into 4 won't go, and at least two clubs have to massively improve over last season to meet the bookies (and pundits) expectations. We remain a very dark horse.

So according to that - we're we have the same chance of getting relegated, as Leicester have of winning it? :dawsonlol:

:dawsonmean:

Well that's certainly the best looking prediction table that I've ever seen.

How many seasons do we have to finish above Liverpool before they finally start picking us ahead of them?

Well that's certainly the best looking prediction table that I've ever seen.

How many seasons do we have to finish above Liverpool before they finally start picking us ahead of them?
Likely never. I think we could do a League & Champion's League double and still be picked to finish 6th the following year.

Why are Chavs rated so low? Just from last years showing?
Need to click thru on the link for full detail, I can't remember if this bloke has reset the data from day one or has carried over from last year. But if it is based solely on this year it wouldn't surprise me to see them low down as they are not creating many chances.

Last edited:
Need to click thru on the link for full detail, I can't remember if this bloke has reset the data from day one or has carried over from last year. But if it is based solely on this year it wouldn't supplies me to see them low down as they are not creating many chances.
Read it and it's no clearer, seems a little pointless at this stage of the season especially as he's basing it on player incoming who are unknown quantities in the premiership

Read it and it's no clearer, seems a little pointless at this stage of the season especially as he's basing it on player incoming who are unknown quantities in the premiership
Of course, just like looking at the table before 10 games played really, but for me I am desperate to check that out underlying numbers from last year, which were very impressive, are still there. Bit of fun for now

Switch Boro and Stoke and I could easily buy into that being the final league table
I think boro will stay up, more to do with their defence than anything else. Whilst we haven't clicked yet, I still think we have played better than both Citeh and manure. We will finish higher than both.

But I know what you mean, that table feels more or less right.

I think boro will stay up, more to do with their defence than anything else. Whilst we haven't clicked yet, I still think we have played better than both Citeh and manure. We will finish higher than both.

But I know what you mean, that table feels more or less right.

I just meant Boro look way to high and Stoke way too low - there are probably as many teams 'contending' for the bottom 3 as their are for the top 4.

City, United and Chelsea will get a lot of 'those' decisions imo.....already happening

Back
Top Bottom