Tottenham Hotstats

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is telling.

Were we over-appreciating Dembele? Was it just the fact that Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll weren't suitable replacements but now the likes of Wanyama, Alli and Dier all CAN be?

This is telling.

Were we over-appreciating Dembele? Was it just the fact that Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll weren't suitable replacements but now the likes of Wanyama, Alli and Dier all CAN be?

Very much the latter.

The 4-2-3-1 we played last year needed Dembele to do his magic for things to work.

We've switched to a 4-1-4-1 in the last month with Wanyama at the base with Eriksen as a playmaker and Dele as a midield runner, and that 3 man combination seems to be working.

I don't know if Dier can swap for Wanyama in this situation, or Wanyama is just as unique as Dembele, but the new system works, and I'll take that without complaint.

Very much the latter.

The 4-2-3-1 we played last year needed Dembele to do his magic for things to work.

We've switched to a 4-1-4-1 in the last month with Wanyama at the base with Eriksen as a playmaker and Dele as a midield runner, and that 3 man combination seems to be working.

I don't know if Dier can swap for Wanyama in this situation, or Wanyama is just as unique as Dembele, but the new system works, and I'll take that without complaint.

The 4141 only really seems to work if the wide players are prepared to take on the fullbacks - no inverse wingers.

I'm sure there's probably a design behind our tactics....but occasionally it feels like we fall into them e.g. Alli coming through so quickly last season to replace Chadli and the literally last minute signing of Sissoko allowing us to play the current formation.

The 4141 only really seems to work if the wide players are prepared to take on the fullbacks - no inverse wingers.

I'm sure there's probably a design behind our tactics....but occasionally it feels like we fall into them e.g. Alli coming through so quickly last season to replace Chadli and the literally last minute signing of Sissoko allowing us to play the current formation.
Sissoko wasn't our first choice though, for that role, we allegedly bid for Zaha before that, and possibly others. So the idea of faster wide players definitely had been on the cards for a while. (Though I still think we could have found better for a hell of a lot cheaper with just a little bit of smarter scouting)

I think the formation was partially luck, as I think the Dier-Wanyama pairing at the start of the year seemed to show we were just going to keep trying the 4-2-3-1, but I don't think it was Sissoko that makes this work as much as the decision to go with a 3 man midfield.

This is telling.

Very interestingly it was Eriksen that filled Dembele 's role against city. Dembele keeps possession well, like what Modric did for us. They helped team mates out in tight situations. Eriksen did well, and released the ball much faster than Dembele. Another great move from Poch

Where we've picked up the most points....

mr7wBZU.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur have taken 18 points from their opening 8 x Premier League games calculating an average 2 x points per game.

So basically like winning EVERY home game and drawing EVERY away game. We'll end up on 76 points this season, which is usually JUST about good enough for fourth or fifth place.

Would also be our record points total wouldn't it?

Tottenham Hotspur have taken 18 points from their opening 8 x Premier League games calculating an average 2 x points per game.

So basically like winning EVERY home game and drawing EVERY away game. We'll end up on 76 points this season, which is usually JUST about good enough for fourth or fifth place.

We are matching the same results as last season so if we want to finish higher we need to beat the teams who took points off us.
Thankfully Newcastle who beat us twice scoring 7 goals aren't around, and manure & the pikeys are beatable.
With have a stronger backbone and some gifted young talent to lift this team , so let's not panic.

8 x 2 = 16. We have 18.

Average ppg is 2.25

2.25 x 38 = 85.5

All we need is 69 points and we are guaranteed 4th. It's science

You're thicker than pig-shit

Back
Top Bottom