Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need more help, of course. But this season has been the most enjoyable in years, and anyone saying different is being disingenuous. I like the progress we've made this season. We need to sign players that work in this system better, and clean up the set piece problems.

Has it fuck. The season under Conte literally the season before last was significantly better. That win at the Etihad, beating Woolwich in the NLD at the end of the season, numerous huge score-lines at the end of the season where the team was clicking and Son/Kane/Kulu was looking unstoppable.

This season isn't even over. We've got to go to two of our worst grounds and still play City. The only enjoyable part of this entire season was the first 10 games. Aside from that we ended a silverware hunt in record time and the football has been stale for months.

The blueprint of how to play against it was set a fair couple of months ago now and we have failed to address the issues. If Ange thinks its purely personnel then we will need some serious summer movement, otherwise he needs to get his players adjusted to playing against a deep block with forwards looking to counter.
Thing is he still has to show coaching credentials! Is he saying he can only work with top quality players! That is the same as Jose and cunte who couldn’t be bothered to coach and just wanted zillions spent to play their system. Not every player goons, dippers, citeh are top quality. Their coaches also have an input in how they play, player development and tactics.

That’s some brain fogged shit right there.

Whoever is in charge of drills (Jedinak?), is failing us, but Ange is failing us more denying the obvious.

Strewth you flaming galar Ange.
Starting to wonder if Ange just rocking up at new clubs saying "nah don't bother bringing the coaching staff with me I'll just make do with whoever" was actually a rather worrying indication of how little mind he really pays to the coaching side of things...

Doesn't bear thinking about
Play the youths. Fuck “keeping it honest”. Roll over for them.
Teams seem very willing and able to fuck us over but we somehow have to keep a title race going that means nothing to us and could mean everything to that lot.
Nah.
Gift it to City.
You know exactly what the gooners would do if the shoe was on the other foot.

Starting to wonder if Ange just rocking up at new clubs saying "nah don't bother bringing the coaching staff with me I'll just make do with whoever" was actually a rather worrying indication of how little mind he really pays to the coaching side of things...
It’s a genuinely bizarre perspective to take when a huge part of the game- and of ANY game for that matter- is maximizing your chance creation and minimizing that of the opponents.

I doubt we will. Ange seems reluctant to give him any meaningful minutes. He took off MADDs and put kulu in that role who personally I think is not good enough. Gio has the skill set and quick thinking mind to play that role. Kulu is slow, too many touches and not clever enough.
They are all shit but Locelso has add bonus of being shit and frail as a 90 year old granny with osteoporosis. We need better ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom