Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Starting to wonder if Ange just rocking up at new clubs saying "nah don't bother bringing the coaching staff with me I'll just make do with whoever" was actually a rather worrying indication of how little mind he really pays to the coaching side of things...
Prbly especially when he then makes mason attacking coach and his Aussie mate defensive coach.

Ahh yes we've reached that stage, "he was advised to go have a look but he said no" this shit gets trotted out every other month about refs ignoring var advice, clubs are always looking to sink into that comfortable feeling of conspiracy and do you know why? because defeats are hard to take even more so when it's a derby game like this so we all need our life jackets, something to hold onto, something to give us some sort of feeling of "oh it only ended like that because we were robbed"
This post is so fucking stupid. You should really hang your head in shame.

No. It’s a switch over the full back. It’s how Davies defends that’s horrendous and that’s nothing to do with a full back being inverted. At times the inverted full back position has cost us but not today. I can’t accept that is the reason to lose that second goal.

Yep nothing to do with inverted full backs or high line today. 2 bad set pieces and poor refereeing/ still having to use Ben Davies as left back who was bought as back up nearly 10 years ago...10!

The season we lost 0-3, 0-3, 1-3 to Palace, Chelsea, and Woolwich? Then lost 0-1 to West Ham and 0-3 to United? Then lost 0-2 to Chelsea? 0-2 to Wolves, 0-1 to Burnley, and 2-3 to United.

Difference between this season and that is we started well this season and have finished poor. That season we started shit and finished well.

We're not a consistent club, and haven't been in ages.

Yes. We’ve also lost 4-0 to Newcastle, 3-0 to Fulham, 4-1 to Chelsea, lost at home to West Ham, lost to Wolves at home this season etc.

We finished higher that season than we will this season. We will end up 6-7 points behind 4th. And 4th is going to be Aston Villa.

This season we’ve gone out early in both cups and will finish 5th (at best) having lost to all our rivals at home. What about the season is objectively better than the one where we finished fourth ahead of our biggest rivals on the last day after pumping them 3-0 and then winning 5-0 on the final day? Nothing!!!

Lower in the table, same lack of cup success, worse performances against rivals and a damp vs triumphant finish .. what am I missing here man??

Don't worry about it mate, you just focus on other new and interesting theories on why we lost the game. A possible shady looking conversation between Oliver and Edu before the match? look into it, I'm sure I saw something about it on Twitter/X
So the guy on the network television saying precisely that he voluntarily refused is a “conspiracy theory”?

Are you serious?

Ahh yes we've reached that stage, "he was advised to go have a look but he said no" this shit gets trotted out every other month about refs ignoring var advice, clubs are always looking to sink into that comfortable feeling of conspiracy and do you know why? because defeats are hard to take even more so when it's a derby game like this so we all need our life jackets, something to hold onto, something to give us some sort of feeling of "oh it only ended like that because we were robbed"

But… it was a penalty and the ref didn’t even look at it. That’s really odd.

From r/coys on Reddit…

“Robbie Earle specifically said it on NBC. They talked about it for about a minute, all agreed that it was a pen (if a soft pen) and Earle said that clearly VAR also thought there might be an issue because they'd advised Oliver to go take another look and he refused.”

He’s entitled to refuse but what would drive him to decide that? He’s the fucking ref and should want to be 100% correct on his decisions…
WTF - it’s one thing for a ref to look at the screen and stick their decision - but to refuse to have a look is totally bent

So the guy on the network television saying precisely that he voluntarily refused is a “conspiracy theory”?

Are you serious?

It's bullshit, there's always some fucking crank saying that the ref refused VAR advice but it's never proven so these network television pundits feel comfortable saying it. Bottom line Robbie Earl did not hear shit nor did anyone he knows hear shit.

Yeah they were there for the taking. I think that's what has wound me up the most

They weren't good and we let them win.
They were no better than us really. Romero's goal was thanks to a beautiful assist from Raya and the second goal was thanks to a carelessly given penalty from the £100m man. We were only a disallowed VDV goal away from a point.

If we had played as well as we did at Villa Park, we would have won but that's the whole problem. We never know which Tottenham is going to turn up.

Don't worry about it mate, you just focus on other new and interesting theories on why we lost the game. A possible shady looking conversation between Oliver and Edu before the match? look into it, I'm sure I saw something about it on Twitter/X
That's either Tin Hat territory, or libel.....

Which is it??

Back
Top Bottom