Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The season we lost 0-3, 0-3, 1-3 to Palace, Chelsea, and Woolwich? Then lost 0-1 to West Ham and 0-3 to United? Then lost 0-2 to Chelsea? 0-2 to Wolves, 0-1 to Burnley, and 2-3 to United.

Difference between this season and that is we started well this season and have finished poor. That season we started shit and finished well.

We're not a consistent club, and haven't been in ages.

We've not had a manager longer than 18 months for nearly 6 years. Consistency is unlikely until we settle on someone

He's done fine for a club that finished 8th and just lost one of the best strikers in world football.
He's done okay for a guy who wasn't first choice and who'd only managed in B or C-list leagues before joining. Still spent lots of money, though...

Hopefully in the summer he addresses the weaknesses of the squad
Won't happen. We tried, market was challenging etc etc.

and his tactics.
No chance. Absolutely none. Most stubborn manager in the PL. And though the guy thinks he's God's gift to football, he's actually a bang average tactician. But he says nice things in interviews...

From r/coys on Reddit…

“Robbie Earle specifically said it on NBC. They talked about it for about a minute, all agreed that it was a pen (if a soft pen) and Earle said that clearly VAR also thought there might be an issue because they'd advised Oliver to go take another look and he refused.”

He’s entitled to refuse but what would drive him to decide that? He’s the fucking ref and should want to be 100% correct on his decisions…

Erm ... how would Robbie Earle know? I'm confused.

There's no way that Oliver was advised to go and have a look and didn't. They never don't go and have a look when advised, it just doesn't happen.

Sure- like you could possibly know that.
Follow along with me;

1. VAR would have told him to delay the kickoff after the goal because they needed to check a potential penalty.

2. Then they would have done their check and we would have noticed the delay while the match was going on live.

3. After deciding it was penalty or likely a penalty they would then have advised the ref to view the replay and this is the stage we're lead to believe that Oliver is meant to have essentially have said 'nah you're oright mate.'

It's horse shit 100% the reality is they had a quick cursory glance and cleared it before the ball got back into the center circle for the restart.

Now I've had time to digest the game, I'm just mightily pissed off and feel like we missed a great chance to get one over them today.

I thought they were pretty ordinary and we played the better stuff at times. We just had no answer for the height in their team. We're still a very good team with the best 11 out but we need to ship out the likes of Davies and Hojbjerg this summer. Good servants to the club but we simply need better if we're to get anywhere close to where we want to be.

It’s definitely more enjoyable than Mou or Conte. But still leaving a bitter taste right now.
Yes indeed more enjoyable, conceding goals 7 in 2 games, can't defend corners...can't score from open play, Son MOTM in the last 3 matches....etc.

Last edited:
Insanity.........why is Romero in the striker's position to score a consolation goal in the box??
Oh My God Omg GIF

First time contributing here but really enjoyed reading posts on this site over the years.

Not a great result for us today but I'm really disappointed about the discourse coming out of it. I hate this idea that we should try and lose to City and give up on top four in order to stop a certain team winning the league. That is the definition of small club mentality. What we need to do is go out there and make sure we smash City and secure our place at the top table of European football. It's there for the taking; Villa are coming unstuck. We need to keep up pressure on our management to make sure we play a full strength squad against City. I will never forgive Ange if he plays the kids; that sends out such a bad message about our club. I have already written to the club hierarchy and made a number of calls to personal high-level contacts; I urge you all to consider a similar approach.

We are one of London and the South-East's most well-known clubs. Let's show all our rivals we don't have that small club mentality and let's beat Pep's boys. Top 4 is huge for us.

We need to step up and become mentality monsters going forward.

Back
Top Bottom