Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unpopular opinion (maybe): keep Lo Celso
I doubt we will. Ange seems reluctant to give him any meaningful minutes. He took off MADDs and put kulu in that role who personally I think is not good enough. Gio has the skill set and quick thinking mind to play that role. Kulu is slow, too many touches and not clever enough.

Because we’ve thrown everyone forward. It’s not balanced team play.

You can’t honestly think our forward line is in good shape?

Its crazy. I'm going to re-iterate: Woolwich were not good today. I wouldn't be surprised to see them crack at United or even against Bournemouth. Their players are jittery and not putting together good football at all. Within the first 5-10 Partey was coughing it up on the edge of their box. Raya's thrown it to us for a goal and then Rice has kicked someone in the balls FFS.

We were leaving huge gaps all over the place but they didn't capitalise, if you watch it back (well, don't) then you'll see in that second half how bad it was at times. Their own fear & poor play prevented a battering. The one time they put together a nice attacking move they had acres of space.

The funniest bit was when Roy Keane at HT said Woolwich were "brilliant". Was so obvious he was going off the scoreline. They were good on set pieces and the 2nd goal was nice but other than Saka and Havertz nobody was on it. This was them bottling it, we were presented with an open net. And we fucked it.

I look at maddison. Got relegated with leicester then got a big move to us. Taken foot of pedal with enthusiasm. Thats a typical tottenham signing. Not prepared to go extra mile. Eze must replace him. Get impression with maddison his ego wont handle it.

He’s a scrawny little pussy. Gets rag dolled about the pitch every week. I hope we sell him.

Ange Postecoglou, manager of Tottenham Hotspur, looks dejected

Since the start of last season, Spurs’ three own goals against Woolwich in the Premier League are the most by a side against any opponent,
Sums it up perfectly!
To help a team that doesn't need ANY help is reckless at best, and just plain stupid at worst!

Spurs players aren't Spurs FANS... they don't know how this works... They've always had the eye over us, be it through ability, or dark arts... Either way, they've NEVER gone away, and been shit for any substantial period of time... They're like a fucking haunting....
Yet sadly, not the dead kind... I fucking wish they would, every single fucking one of them... Cos they've made my life hell for WAY too long now...

Yet Spurs allow them to do this to us, by never truly stamping them out once and for all...

If Spurs were a drug, I'd be in rehab by now, cos they're fucking killing me!

Last edited:
Very disappointing day, but just glad we didnt get a hammering of a score line, which it looked like it was going to be. Stupid goals to give away and some of the officiating was just bollox.

How Oliver didnt give the penalty, that even VAR couldnt do us over with, really needs looking at -

At the end of the day I suppose SKY and the Premier League got the result they want..

COYS

The fraud bit is pathetic. What I will say to someone here is watch what you wish for.
I’m raging as much as the next guy but we need to let Ange fix this. He must be given the chance. If we get to say October or November then I think questions will be asked.
Yeah.. the sacking thing is bullshit this club needs some consistency and AP needs more time for sure

He’s a scrawny little pussy. Gets rag dolled about the pitch every week. I hope we sell him.
Getting rag-dolled about is supposed to result in fouls. Maddison gets the shit kicked out of him every game and all the bent refs can manage is to have a fucking laugh about it.

That’s some brain fogged shit right there.

Whoever is in charge of drills (Jedinak?), is failing us, but Ange is failing us more denying the obvious.

Strewth you flaming galar Ange.
That statement is genuinely worrisome. I mean. It doesn't make a fucking lick of sense what he's saying. It's actually moronic. It's probably way dumber than anything Nuno or Stellini said....its cringe

Because we’ve thrown everyone forward. It’s not balanced team play.

You can’t honestly think our forward line is in good shape?
We need more help, of course. But this season has been the most enjoyable in years, and anyone saying different is being disingenuous. I like the progress we've made this season. We need to sign players that work in this system better, and clean up the set piece problems.

That fight back is gonna gloss over the glaring cracks and chasm in quality.
Postecoglou did absolutely nothing to inspire that team today.
2 points from 15 against our 3 biggest, traditional rivals is just totally unacceptable I'm afraid
Wait, he's won everywhere he's been...

We need more help, of course. But this season has been the most enjoyable in years, and anyone saying different is being disingenuous. I like the progress we've made this season. We need to sign players that work in this system better, and clean up the set piece problems.
It’s definitely more enjoyable than Mou or Conte. But still leaving a bitter taste right now.

Back
Top Bottom