Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t know what our team does in training. I don’t see any clear discernible strategy, I don’t see any quality passing either.
Whole week to prepare as well but it was the sane shite as every other have. His tactics have been found out. 2 home loses on the spin both 0-2. Not acceptable regardless of the owners. He has had a number of players purchased for him.

The Richarlison signing is the one that still strikes me as totally bizarre given the fee involved - no one else was really in for him, we already had players in that position who are better, he doesnt have the most prolific record... and it was obvious that the manager's system relies on world class centre halves and wingbacks where that money would have been far better spent. It just didnt make any sense at the time, and still doesnt.
100%, there were loads of players we could have got for far less and better. I think his gonna be a big waste of money.

For those at the game, did Levy get any stick at the end? It's a shame that fan who went after Ramsdale didn't make his way up to the Director's box instead.
There was an anti levy chant and a group of people about 10 in number after the game.

But this is the problem, our fan base are a bunch of wimps. We pay so much money and are just happy to accept the shit levy puts out. The new stadium has totally changed the match day experience as we all know. It's totally gentrified.

You'll never see a response like the Everton fans at our place.

I've seen stronger anti levy rhetoric at away games. I'm going to city and I'm expecting much more vocal anti levy chants. Partly because you don't get the day trippers at away games.

The other point is a lot of our fans just couldn't careless anymore and can you blame them. There's bigger things to worry about in life these days.

The new stadium has totally changed the match day experience as we all know. It's totally gentrified.

I've seen stronger anti levy rhetoric at away games. I'm going to city and I'm expecting much more vocal anti levy chants. Partly because you don't get the day trippers at away games.

The other point is a lot of our fans just couldn't careless anymore and can you blame them. There's bigger things to worry about in life these days.
....isn't EVERY away game a 'day trip' for away fans??!

It's OK, I'm being pedantic, I know what you mean...

I think the fans who travel away should quite rightly be allocated their own designated area in the South stand (or East/corner etc) just to TRY and generate something resembling atmosphere...

By the same token, I think there should also be a designated 'day tripper' area, I dunno, somewhere high up in the West/North corner, where they can get a nice overview pic of the ground for their InstaTwatTok timeline feed!!

I genuinely don't mind people coming to the ground for the one off, but join in FFS, don't just spend the whole game taking selfies, and scowling at anyone who dares stand up and sing!
(I went to the Vienna derby once... essentially I was a day tripper, but made sure I joined in with the Rapid fans! ...and DIDN'T buy a fucking half and half scarf! (to be fair, I didn't see any on sale, which right there is surely part of the solution!)

genuinely don't mind people coming to the ground for the one off, but join in FFS, don't just spend the whole game taking selfies, and scowling at anyone who dares stand up and sing!
Unfortunately its the way Modern day football has gone, we would never be able to fill the stadium each week with 60K hardcore fans, even some of our own fans don't want to sing, they just want to sit and watch the game, and to be honest if they have payed out close to £100 for a ticket then its up to them i guess, I have just accepted its the way football has gone, I'd give up this stadium in a heart beat though and go back to the old stadium, even if it meant i couldn't go to whatever games i wanted!

I think the fans who travel away should quite rightly be allocated their own designated area in the South stand (or East/corner etc) just to TRY and generate something resembling atmosphere...

By the same token, I think there should also be a designated 'day tripper' area, I dunno, somewhere high up in the West/North corner, where they can get a nice overview pic of the ground for their InstaTwatTok timeline feed!!

I genuinely don't mind people coming to the ground for the one off, but join in FFS, don't just spend the whole game taking selfies, and scowling at anyone who dares stand up and sing!
(I went to the Vienna derby once... essentially I was a day tripper, but made sure I joined in with the Rapid fans! ...and DIDN'T buy a fucking half and half scarf! (to be fair, I didn't see any on sale, which right there is surely part of the solution!)
When I imagine how many fans of THFC remain without a card because Evant "fans" are more likely to get it, it makes me sick.
I can already see myself freaking out next season because the hut is always sold out.

Maybe someone can help me because I don't know. Are there any organized fan clubs (no, I don't mean "organized hools") of Tottenham? There is one in Germany, I wrote to them in early 2022, but have not received an answer so far (pretty bad way of representing the name).

Not here to talk about what happened between 4.30pm and 6.15pm

What I'd like to discuss is the miserable policing outside the ground and the utterly moronic staff around the ground.

I arrived 15-20 minutes before kick off. My entrance number is 18 on the south end of the east stand.
I was confronted with a good few hundred fans and police completely blocking off the way through.
The police were not offering any alternative. They had apparently also blocked off the pathway at the north end of the stadium. They were literally just blocking off half the stadium without a reason or an alternative route.

The stadium staff in the meantime, were not allowing fans in the area's blocked offed from entering the stadium unless it was from their designated entrance.
Consider that this is just an initial entry point, you can, once you've had your ticket scanned, get from that entry point to your actual turn style easily. I ended up getting quite riled up and telling the staff we were coming in and that they can't just leave ticket holding fans outside the stadium for no reason. I had one woman arguing back that we couldn't go in and one man, 2 feet from her who seemed to have an actual brain. He scanned the ticket with no problems and let us in.

I've been to about 6 NLD's over the years and never once had a problem. I'd like to know why the police were acting like such idiots and why the stadium staff aren't briefed on what to do when the police do act like idiots.

Also worth noting that on the way to the ground and on the way back to the station, i saw large crowds of officers - 30+ of them, boxing small numbers of fans up against walls. I presume Woolwich fans but who knows.

It feels to me that in addition to general fan negativity, the police and stadium staff did little more than wind everyone up yesterday.
The police might well be shipped in from wider forces, rather than be dedicated Met, and generally they will take the path of least resistance.

The stadium staff are, Carlisle security employees. Again a fair amount of these will be shipped in from other parts of their business. And won’t know the stadium / fan base / occasion very well at all. Beyond a briefing at the start of shift there is likely little in regards to training that’s gone into things.

Now add in a few of our more “lively” fans, and you get backlogs and entrenched governance. As the end customer it’s easy to feel that you are not valid and being treated with respect.

The police might well be shipped in from wider forces, rather than be dedicated Met, and generally they will take the path of least resistance.

The stadium staff are, Carlisle security employees. Again a fair amount of these will be shipped in from other parts of their business. And won’t know the stadium / fan base / occasion very well at all. Beyond a briefing at the start of shift there is likely little in regards to training that’s gone into things.

Now add in a few of our more “lively” fans, and you get backlogs and entrenched governance. As the end customer it’s easy to feel that you are not valid and being treated with respect.

You would think experience and training for every scenario is absolutely key to managing large events.
Having a plan before something happens must be important.

White Hart Lane is fucking rife with them. Had some yank twat in the standing section ask if my mother was proud of me because I called iwobi a gooner cunt.

They don't understand and we'd all be happier if they fucked off

There lies the problem ? £31 million and every one of the players fighting tooth and nail to get into the team whilst Spurs 'Big' stars waltz around in training and games knowing that they are a shoe-in for every game no matter how they perform ,would Conte have the bollocks to drop Lloris or Dier after their performances yesterday ,not a chance ,it will be Sessegnon ,Doherty,Sarr who will be dropped ?

He already dropped Dier recently against Villa. He dropped Bissouma for Sarr at the weekend. Emerson dropped for Doherty since the WC.

Agree that he needs to get tougher on Lloris and Son though. It might be what they need to wake them up. Nobody should be undroppable. Son’s best game this season was when he started on the bench.

hate to say it but that odegard is a very good player. when hes out the side through injury they will have a big drop off. people going on about the rapist etc etc, but odegard is their big big player. the rest are decent players but hes the special one that makes them really work. someone needs to really go through him

Unfortunately its the way Modern day football has gone, we would never be able to fill the stadium each week with 60K hardcore fans, even some of our own fans don't want to sing, they just want to sit and watch the game, and to be honest if they have payed out close to £100 for a ticket then its up to them i guess, I have just accepted its the way football has gone, I'd give up this stadium in a heart beat though and go back to the old stadium, even if it meant i couldn't go to whatever games i wanted!

The stadium's not really the problem though (everything you describe had already crept in before we went to Wembley)..... You already nailed it with the point about modern football and the fact that prev. generations of fans get older & mellow; the crux being that they aren't being replaced by a similarly inclined next generation..... Gone are the days where rowdy, high energy 15-18 year old can afford to go to games on their own and get indoctrinated into the more rabid end of support by the older lads (and no, I don't mean fighting. lol)..... Only way way kids can afford to go to the footy these days is if Daddy is rich enough to take them for a 'nice' family trip which is about as potent for the atmos as Bob-Tourist.

What is really depressing is that I have become numb to it. Didn't watch it. Saw the result ping up on my phone, glanced at it, put it down.

About an hour later the Mrs asked what the result was as she had no idea from my demeanour. In years gone by I would have been either....bouncing around the lounge or hiding in a dark room somewhere.

Sad really.
That's the levy effect...

Back
Top Bottom