Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich Scum (15th Jan - 4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seconds before he sprinted to the Park Lane goal, grabbed Odourguard by the hand brought him in for a shoulder to shoulder 'bro bump'. Was a weak move.

Obviously this wasn't game changing but I think it signals the lack of situational awareness and intensity from the squad. Kill or be killed mentality. There's enough platitudes in football, no one would have begrudged Hugo for being 'unsporting' in that moment.
Fact and i thought conte would bring that to this squad. Further than ever from it

As my seat is right next to the Premium section, I always have tourists sitting to the right. Today I had three Sonny fans in my row, four in the row behind and another two in the row in front. One woman videoed the whole game on her phone on a selfie stick, the others had no interest in the game, apart from when Sonny was on the ball, so they weren't very animated! So your point about him being played to pull in his countrymen is quite valid, especially as they nearly all spend a small fortune in the shop.
And I'm with you re half & half scarves for any PL games, an abomination and part of what's wrong with the modern game.

Also saw my first obvious and open Tout outside the new Stadium yesterday, bold as brass, outside the shops on the high road, selling tickets to Son fans.. Load of cash being exchanged for the full Sonny experience.. well they certainly had their moneys worth didn't they !!

I can't quite understand how these tickets are being sold on. It can only be phone screen shots I guess, from Season Ticket holders making money and not going.

Last edited:
Tried to post yesterday but blind rage would have meant breaking the phone.

Feels like Conte fucking things to prove a point to Enic/Levy. Feeling like he thinks hes too good for us. He aint. Commit or fuck off. Players need to have fun. And a smile. Not this constant morbid atmosphere.
Conte you got bossed by Legoman.

Levy/Enic put your business skill set in selling us. Hopefully to some rich cunt, but go. You are the opposite of a lucky rabbits foot.
LEVY/ENIC getting bossed by Glazers light.

Players. If you arE 2nd to just about every ball in a NDL, shame on you. Sarr a shining light, beacon of hope. Sess, much the reverse. Many of the squade just not good enough. Sess, doc, dier, loris etc etc.

I have to cringe with every scum i know. Fucking heartbreaking. I dont know the answer but it sure aint this shower of shite.

We were pony.
Apart from a brief period in the 2nd half,we didn't look interested. Woolwich ain't that good,but they play as a team,we just look disjointed.
Hugo's mistake for the first is unforgivable.
Still furious this morning.
I might fuck football off and start watching Love Island. Think that starts tonight.

What is really depressing is that I have become numb to it. Didn't watch it. Saw the result ping up on my phone, glanced at it, put it down.

About an hour later the Mrs asked what the result was as she had no idea from my demeanour. In years gone by I would have been either....bouncing around the lounge or hiding in a dark room somewhere.

Sad really.

As my seat is right next to the Premium section, I always have tourists sitting to the right. Today I had three Sonny fans in my row, four in the row behind and another two in the row in front. One woman videoed the whole game on her phone on a selfie stick, the others had no interest in the game, apart from when Sonny was on the ball, so they weren't very animated! So your point about him being played to pull in his countrymen is quite valid, especially as they nearly all spend a small fortune in the shop.
And I'm with you re half & half scarves for any PL games, an abomination and part of what's wrong with the modern game.
Last time I went to New WHL I had a similar experience in the old Paxton lower, two rows from the front, Son fans to my right and a very friendly American couple who didn't know what offside was on my left. Perfectly pleasant... But "perfectly pleasant" to me isn't what elite level sport is all about.

I think Poundland Kroenke got away with it against Woolwich . Even though the majority of players didn’t do anything to warrant our support you don’t want to go toxic in the NLD , the stakes are to high. He is lucky next 3 games are all away, mind you if we lose them 5th of Feb could be quite vocal with chants

We are an apathetic bunch , me included. ( Well apart from the moron who kicked Ramsdale and he won’t be there on the 5th now thank goodness)

I say old chap any chance you might sell up
I say old chap any chance you might sell up

I can hear us now

The more I think about it Levy is trolling us by reflecting us in his transfer dealings . We have been dithering over trying to get shot of him for at least 10 years if not longer

23 years 1 lousy trophy and as fans., we are considering whether to prepare, for an eventuality that should it become necessary we could cogitate about a protest at the way our club is being run

Last edited:
That was my first NLD.
What was going on here in advance in the forum was exactly what I had imagined. It was sensational how the "anticipation" for this game became clear, the hostility towards them and the power that was noticeable here in the forum.

What I then saw as a new fan on the pitch - in the first half - was nothing like what was going on here. The defense work was terrifying. A few opponents are enough and we go crazy in our box. A ball attachment - forgive me - like in physical education in a school class. I've had the impression for some time that we don't know our paths. Counterpressing doesn't work because I think it's only played "half-heartedly". To put it in layman's terms, I can't get into half of my opponent and then have no plan on how to press. The attempts seemed amateurish to me at times, because our boys started and suddenly the tension was gone.

Blaming Hugo alone would be too easy. Blaming Harry alone, too. Kulu was the one who gave me the impression that there was a plan behind every touch of the ball.

I expected Ivan to be on the starting grid, at the latest from the 46th minute.

Son runs after his form. The last goal didn't give him a boost. If he loses the ball, he mocks himself, the body language is good for nothing.

Since this has all been going on for a few weeks now, I ask myself how is the training doing? What does the manager do to ensure that progress is at least made step by step? I don't see any progress.

Yann Sommer from Borussia Mönchengladbach wants to leave there, an excellent goalkeeper - has he been looked at?

Evan N'dicka a young lad who has really developed with us in Frankfurt and has a lot more potential - he would like to go to the PL and is free transfer in the summer (I'm cutting my own flesh right now).

The little grenade Borré, a poisonous guy that some of us initially laughed at because he is not a giant and was used in the penalty area, meanwhile no one laughs anymore. He slipped to the second row because of Kolo Muani. he wants to play

Correctly! Eintracht Frankfurt is not a world-class team, neither is Borussia Mönchengladbach, but perhaps the players are not as full and complacent as some so-called world-class players?!

Keeping an eye on these guys - it wouldn't hurt.

COYS!

I rarely drink at home games but made an exception for the NLD and met some friends in the pub pre match.When the second goal went in I went and bought myself a pint of Neck Oil and knocked it back quickly.I spent the second half in a blissful stupor and found I no longer cared.
Booze is the answer!! Best I have a few more at the Etihad Thursday COYS!

That's one of the reasons why I think it's good that we have rules in our curve (almost every club in the Bundesliga, except for the plastic clubs).

There's cheering from 0 - 90+, cell phones are frowned upon because, what do you want with a cell phone when you're supposed to be cheering on your team.

Since discounts are made if the ticket prices are to be further increased.

And the great thing is that these fans in the north-west curve have now transferred their enthusiasm to the whole of the Waldstadion. An organized fan organization is really worth something. These are not animators but 100% fans of the respective club.

Dynamo Dresden in the second German league, Borussia Dortmund, Eintracht Frankfurt. the Cologne idiots, they are stadiums where you don't like running up.

Nevertheless!
My heart beats for Tottenham Hotspur and I'll be sitting in front of the box again on Thursday and cheering!

COYS!!

Second goal was so annoying, it was exactly like the one Partey scored at the Emirates. Just a simple lack of bodies in the midfield leading to a free shot.

How does Conte not see this? We showed last season that it is possible to defend and attack solidly with this system but for whatever reason the 343 just isn’t working in the same way this year. We never conceded these types of easy goals last season. If the players are struggling physically with this demanding system then it needs to change.

We lost this one as soon as the team sheet was announced and Conte went with Sessegnon in a failed attempt to stick close to Saka instead of playing to our strengths and Starting Persic. Showed weakness (especially at home) in a fucking NLD.

Doing anything to shore up our defence doesn't work at Spurs because we have mistake riddled players that will always gift the opposition a chance/goal.

Saying that I understand why Conte can't deviate from the 3 at the back (as around 4 of our centre backs simply can't play in a back 2). So he's caught between a rock and a hard place.

His lack of substitutions is worrying though. Its like he doesn't do them early because he knows we are going to Start playing better which poses the question? why the fuck do we start so slow EVERY game to the point our own manager is aware we are going to play better second half so no subs needed until later on.

Back
Top Bottom