Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tonight's line up: Walker in for Chiriches, Dembelle / Paulhino in for Stanbouli then I'd say we have safely found our starting 11 ... (Yes no Lamella)
:capouestare:

Yeah, maybe if we beat them 10-0 then we could justify giving Stambouli a little more time.

Tonight's line up: Walker in for Chiriches, Dembelle / Paulhino in for Stanbouli then I'd say we have safely found our starting 11 ... (Yes no Lamella)
:capouestare:

Yeah, maybe if we beat them 10-0 then we could justify giving Stambouli a little more time.

Just finished watching the match. Some of the best link up and passing combos i've seen from spurs in a long time. I think a key for tonight was we had our wide player, actually keep the width and not all get sucked in the middle. We switched the play a lot around their 18.

Erisken has to play behind the striker every game. He was sensational. Seems that the players realize it too. He's our midfield maestro. Give him the ball and let him pull the strings.

I had a fantastic time at the match last night, the football we played was completely attack-mind, whilst being solid in defence, everyone played with passion and the atmosphere at WHL was electrifying throughout.

This was the just sort of performance we have all been longing for and the determination of our players inspired the crowd. I really hope it means we have our Tottenham back and can replicate this sort of form in the league.

Bring on Sheffield United and COYS.

Last edited:
...BEIN announcer called Stambouli a 'powder puff' tackler - his words, not mine...
COYS

he said the tackles from both Stam and Bentaleb had been "powder puff" up until that point in the match which, to be honest, was fairly true. There were times in the first half where the midfield looked out of sync, with Sissoko running right through Spurs during the occasional counter. I didn't catch the second half, though, so could have been an entirely different story. Just watched the highlights though-- shit on a brick, Newcastle's young keeper (first goal included) looked terrible. Glad to see us take advantage. Bring on the confidence.

Back
Top Bottom