Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finally got back from the game. Very entertaining first half hour. Then it became too easy for us. I know fuck all about Newcastle but what sort of team was that? Crowd was good, despite the predictable moaning on here. Maybe go to a match and back the team rather than stay on here bleating about the support? £25 a ticket, not a sell out, so I'd start with slagging off the couldn't be arsed brigade. Anyway, the Geordie support was fantastic which may have scewed how it sounded on TV/radio. But even the Paxton and West Stand were jumping and making a bit of noise in the second half. Bentaleb was superb today. Chiriches still unstable. Eriksen used to near perfection, almost Modric-esque. Sheffield semis will be brilliant. COYS.

Just got in as well. My notable performances:

Eriksen - Class, just wonderful. So much better in the number 10 position.
Stambouli - Solid and won the midfield, best game for us so far.
Bentaleb - Used the ball so well and made some clever passes
Fazio - Dominant at the back and used the ball well, his best game for us IMO
Kane - Didn't see a lot of the ball, especially in the first half, but worked his arse off once again and got a goal he deserved.

But as a team, just so much better all over, the ball was moved much quicker, pressing was seen to be working. And just altogether looked more fluid.

COYS!

I started a thread to discuss winning this and it got canned. Who's canning now?

And I wrote ANOTHER post about lack of confidence fading and that we will click soon.
This game was a massive click. Quick passing triangles actually working, better passes to and movement from wingers.

Nostradamus here.

:ap:
:adethumbup:

I started a thread to discuss winning this and it got canned. Who's canning now?

And I wrote ANOTHER post about lack of confidence fading and that we will click soon.
This game was a massive click. Quick passing triangles actually working, better passes to and movement from wingers.

Nostradamus here.

:ap:
Yeah, you were the only one man. I certainly thought we'd lose 9-0 until you committed your thoughts to post form. Keep them coming. :myword:

After such a great win and the semi-final draw was announced, the team does not need any further motivation to play off for the silverware at WEMBLEY!!:coys:

Been to every cup game and unfortunately know a lot of melts.
Guess what poch can no wrong as we are near Wembley and now all is good in the rose garden of white hart lane.
Where were they when all going wrong.?

Been to every cup game and unfortunately know a lot of melts.
Guess what poch can no wrong as we are near Wembley and now all is good in the rose garden of white hart lane.
Where were they when all going wrong.?
Melting. Some people think you can build a team in a few months. Others realise it takes more time.

Well Sammy as you find my posts 'funny' you can remind me all you like, as I won't be reading it, since I almost always stick on ignore people who find my posts 'funny', unless they're genuinely liking my wit and wisdom.:thumbup:

But just for the record I added the caveat, 'unless we win another trophy/get CL.'
Thats like saying you will have two bob each-way when the race has been run!

Back
Top Bottom