Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

236EDC1F00000578-2846328-image-69_1416766033432.jpg

:pochfacepalm:

Vertonghen did nothing wrong. Maybe it wasn't a red card but he got the back of his knee rolled up on. No person could have stayed up with that happening to the back of your legs. He didn't stay down or appeal to the ref. If you're of the opinion it wasn't a red, the only person to blame is the linesman.

Kane and Soldado both operate better with a strike partner.
Just because he is a second striker, doesn't mean he is now a playmaker?
I want to see him get a serious run with Kane as a partner, and decide after half a season of that.
I'm very much all up for a long run of both Soldado and Kane playing together, but ...
Who misses out then?

As long as Chadli is out (which shouldn't be for more than 2 weeks at the most), that ST partnership is fine. But if Chadli is fit, he plays imo. He's intelligent, a fighter, and he's scoring loads of goals.

It's a tough one because then we have Eriksen and Lamela.

All this talk of the number the 10 position, whoever plays, is nonsense. What is the number 10 position? A phrase spouted to indicate some knowledge of modern football? Yesterday it was nice to see we played 4 4 2 (forget the 4-4-1-1) with two forwards and in some way it rekindled the Big man little man - just how Its always been. It works - Soldado demonstrates brilliant linking play, made some intelligent passes and creating space. He missed two sitters but intelligently got the free kick for the equaliser. IMO . I agree he needs to add goals to his play but at the moment his intelligant link play is just as important.

And anyone slagging Eriksen needs to have their head examined.

Definitely been an up and down year in his second campaign. But clearly the most gifted Spurs Midfielder and a player to build around. Really need to figure out if both Eriksen & Lamela can co-exist out there on some level and still add legitimate width to the attack.

I read through our predictions and Im just so bored of our team sheet....dont care what formation or combination of players we use, Im just sick of this fucking team right now.

Here's my prediction: Any 11. Lose.

Whoopdy fucking Doo

Whatever 3 points... end of the day it's all that matters. Apart from that I felt comfortable with the defence Verts, Fazio and Davies should stay in the lineup and even Vlad didn't do too bad. I see Ericksen being our response to Modric, when he pulls the strings in the middle we play better and create more chances. I didn't mind Lamela today, he works hard in offence and defence just very selfish trying to get that goal and gives the ball away unnecessarily. I thought Poch made some good tactical switches and had our strikers finished at least a fifth of the chances we would have gotten two more. Overall I'm not overly impressed but they got the job done, and I'm beginning to see a solid 11 shape up in the forms of Lloris, Verts, Davies, Fazio, Ericksen, Mason, Lamela, Chadli and Kane. Btw this forum is officially becoming filled with retards who have no knowledge of football or Tottenham Hotspur i.e Criticism on Ericksen even though he was clearly our Man of the Match second half.

What I saw was a Spurs side which struggled at the back and in creating good chances. Hull exploited the spaces wide and got in behind us. This makes the CB look awful. This happens regular which will stop when Walker is fit. Davis I thought grew into the game and the more he plays the better he gets. I thought it was a very good second half performance. We created chances in front of goal. . Chiri at RB was very good (some weeks back I wanted him out)? We were pn top and Hull resorted to thuggery and had only themselves to blame with players being booked and SOff. Well done Spurs. Some good players to return, it can only get better. And a mention for Lennon, also did very well when he came on.

Support that mention for Lennon. Got the assist for the second goal and Kane should have scored from his ball across.

Gave a different dimension to our attacks.

A sitter is what Kane scored from something that any League 1 striker is expected to score. I wouldn't call a snap shot like his an absolute sitter at all, a good chance that a PL striker should score more times than not yes! Yeah he missed a good chance but as mentioned many times so did Kane with that header at the back post. Both should be converting good chances but even the best strikers in the league like Aguero & Costa occasionally don't.

Problem for Soldado yesterday and Kane against Stoke (that header) they only get 1 good chance a game to score in our inept side.

Again....what has Kane got to do with it?

Just because Kane also missed a sitter, it has no bearing on Soldado or his miss.

It was a simple chance, one that Ive been told for 18 months is what he thrives on, and our midfield has deprived him of. He mis hit it off his shin, and it tamely bobbled wide.

How is that not his fault?

You can make out like it was a difficult chance all you like, but its one a 26M striker should be putting away, and the resulting, almost predictable miss is why he gets a tough ride from many. He wasnt bought for nice flicks.

Again, I think he is playing well, and the last few weeks, for me, very surprisingly has been a brighter spot. I actually, for the first time, believe the goals will come for him.

But I dont feel the need to play him off against Kane, Ade, Crouch, our midfield or anyone else.

He has earned his spot. And he is equally responsible if he gets dropped or subbed for not taking his chances.

Back
Top Bottom