Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much as there are blatant problems a win is a win and if we Can maybe get some kind of run then all good.Cmon we are the best fans in the world and lets get behind the players.
My mate was at the game and the fans done me proud.

Anyone see the gooner after the Utd game? "We didn't get the 3 points but we won the game"....some of us are all "We got the 3 points but we lost the game"...

What we learned:

- Our offense has to flow through Eriksen. Put the man on the ball, everyone else find some space.
- Really needed that width on the right side. Lennon and Vlad both did well. Vlad really whipped in some dangerous crosses. Kyle Walker can't come back fast enough.
- Jan is far too passive as a CB. He needs to step up and make some tackles.
- We still don't have someone capable of playing CDM.
- Harry Kane should start every game for the rest of the season. Along with Ryan Mason (hope he's ok).
- Bobby has completely lost his scoring touch. Seems like a dedicated guy, but I really don't know what else he can do.
- Extremely disappointed in Dembele. This is a game where he should have bossed the midfield. He's inching towards the Soldado & Paulinho category.

Edit: Have to add Dier shouldn't be playing RB anymore. Kid just doesn't have the pace and teams are starting to attack him. Let the kid develop as a CB.

Last edited:
Anyone see the gooner after the Utd game? "We didn't get the 3 points but we won the game"....some of us are all "We got the 3 points but we lost the game"...
Yes, and when Woolwich won the title during the Graham days with scarppy 1-0 wins all the Spurs fans claimed they'd never want to win a trophy like that.

Funny how the "Tottenham Way" goes out of the window when it suits....

pI47lQR.png

It was cuntish, and it was the second time he's done something like this, Vertonghen gave us the advantage.
To anyone who says he's a grumpy fuck who doesn't feel for the team: look at the joy in that face.
...and the boner between those legs!!!

Paulinho looked completely lost when he came on. Every time I saw him, he looked like he was just hiding behind a team mate. When he got the ball, he looked so insecure, never attempted anything more complicated than 2 meter passes, sideways or backwards.
Feel bad for the guy.
to be fair, I wouldn't expect a Brazilian to find his way around Hull at the first time of asking!

Whatever 3 points... end of the day it's all that matters. Apart from that I felt comfortable with the defence Verts, Fazio and Davies should stay in the lineup and even Vlad didn't do too bad. I see Ericksen being our response to Modric, when he pulls the strings in the middle we play better and create more chances. I didn't mind Lamela today, he works hard in offence and defence just very selfish trying to get that goal and gives the ball away unnecessarily. I thought Poch made some good tactical switches and had our strikers finished at least a fifth of the chances we would have gotten two more. Overall I'm not overly impressed but they got the job done, and I'm beginning to see a solid 11 shape up in the forms of Lloris, Verts, Davies, Fazio, Ericksen, Mason, Lamela, Chadli and Kane. Btw this forum is officially becoming filled with retards who have no knowledge of football or Tottenham Hotspur i.e Criticism on Ericksen even though he was clearly our Man of the Match second half.
It was very Villa away wasn't it?

It may or not have been deliberate but second half today as exactly how you play against a team that is overly psyched up, they get angry and start getting cards if you needle them, it worked

Back
Top Bottom