Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose, Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue not played last few games. Won them all and everyone looks happier and are playing great.

Sometimes taking people out of the team is more important than who comes in.

Performance of the season for me (which admittedly isn't saying a lot). All I've wanted to see from this lot is a glimmer of hope that they are capable of lifting themselves. Wouldn't even have cared if we had lost or drawn today. Right now I'd much rather see things that can be built on for the future rather than lucky wins like Hull.

Hopefully this is the turning point, for the team in general, for Poch and for Roberto.

So glad to see Soldado score a proper goal. You hear people say—the commentators were talking about it again today— that he just needs one to go in off his ass or a deflection or whatever. But Soldado has scored two weird ones this season: the one off Townsend's shot and that weird header. It didn't help his confidence at all.

Now I can't get into his head, but my guess is a guy with a track record like Soldado knows the difference between a quality finish and a bit of luck. For a young player maybe any goal will do the trick but for an old dog like Soldado I bet he needed a solid goal.Hopefully finishing one really nicely today will start building his confidence again.

Rose, Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue not played last few games. Won them all and everyone looks happier and are playing great.

Sometimes taking people out of the team is more important than who comes in.

Disagree completely on Rose (who is injured) as he gives 110% every time he's on the pitch but it might be right about the others.

So glad to see Soldado score a proper goal. You hear people say—the commentators were talking about it again today— that he just needs one to go in off his ass or a deflection or whatever. But Soldado has scored two weird ones this season: the one off Townsend's shot and that weird header. It didn't help his confidence at all.

Now I can't get into his head, but my guess is a guy with a track record like Soldado knows the difference between a quality finish and a bit of luck. For a young player maybe any goal will do the trick but for an old dog like Soldado I bet he needed a solid goal.Hopefully finishing one really nicely today will start building his confidence again.

Also the fact that Soldado was playing so well and doing everything you can ask from an attacking player except scoring. Hopefully the patients and loyalty pays off.

Disagree completely on Rose (who is injured) as he gives 110% every time he's on the pitch but it might be right about the others.

He tries hard, but there's always space in behind him. Davies looked like a defender today, left no space in behind him and had a great game. Rose looks like a winger, bombs forward constantly and does more harm than good generally.

Ridiculous to think that we been luckier this season than any other I can remember. God knows where we would be without the easy sending off's and the missed handballs. What comes around goes around i guess.

Didnt think Everton where at their best today, Baines didn't put a good delivery in all game, and they miss Mcarthy but we played well once we equalised. Just goes to show how much of a factor having the crowd behind the players is. We get a quick equalizer, the lane is rocking and we are a different team.

He tries hard, but there's always space in behind him. Davies looked like a defender today, left no space in behind him and had a great game. Rose looks like a winger, bombs forward constantly and does more harm than good generally.

Nah.

It's part of Pochettino's system for the fullbacks to in essence be wingers when we have the ball. It's why our width is so poor with Walker out. Watch Southampton last season. Shaw and Clyne are generally the furthest players up the pitch besides the striker when Southampton has the ball.

Back
Top Bottom