Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More importantly....

BVQceQPIEAA9Ggw.jpg:large

Tottenham fans getting Po Po warnings for 'Yid' chants.

Are you serious?!

That is insane. A Nazi salute gets thrown up and photographed and, instead of focusing on that, the police completely shit on free speech by wilfully misunderstanding terms of affiliation as hate crimes.

Soldado definitely needs to get a goal. badly

But lets not forget that lovely assist on the Siggy's goal and Spurs best chance in the 2nd half that defoe completely wasted w/ a feeble effort right at the Cech

It
Are you serious?!

That is insane. A Nazi salute gets thrown up and photographed and, instead of focusing on that, the police completely shit on free speech by wilfully misunderstanding terms of affiliation as hate crimes.
It seems that the police continue to operate in a comfortable fascist mode.

Just a few thoughts on the game...

First half was excellent. Siggy took his goal well, we deserved the 1-0 lead, and it could have been 2 with Paulinho hitting the post. Chelsea only really threatened down our left-hand side due to Siggy and Naughton being tighter than natural left wingers, but overall they both contained the situation well.

Second half Chelsea came out with a better attitude. Mata and Torres tested our defence more-so than any other side this season. Lloris was playing well. Around 60 minutes I felt AVB could've introduced Defoe/Lamela if he wanted to try and get a 2nd, or Holtby/Sandro if he just wanted more control back.

Chadli for Townsend - in all honesty, I didn't see the point in this - but maybe it would've been okay if we hadn't conceded straight away from a set-piece. I'm not sure who was at fault for their goal, because Terry pretty simply ran through our whole zonal marking system. It looked like Dawson should have got in front of him in a man-marking system, but we don't play that, and all of the other players were man-marked out of the game.

In short, Lloris was really the only thing keeping us in it at this point and 1-1 looked a good scoreline to settle on as we were generally second to the ball. The sending off naturally gave us the momentum again but it was too late in the end - yes, if more decisions had gone our way when they should have things may have been different, but it was a derby after all and our players weren't exactly saints either.

Can't avoid the the clichés on this one. At the end of the day, it was a game of two halves. Fair result in the end.

Last edited:
I want Soldado to score so bad..
I really understand how you feel; I believe every single one of us wants that.
But, the truth is that ... I think AVB should stick to his morals.

It's been a while and Soldado hasn't scored (in both easy and hard games).
A record fee shouldn't mean an automatic start ... it should be on performance.
Something that Defoe has given.

Even though, many of us may argue that we all know how Defoe is, it's simple: he has been scoring while Soldado hasn't. Granted Soldado is great and relies on others and all that, but AVB has to do with Solado what AVB is doing with Lamela, which is ease him in. (Give him cup ties and EL to gel in)

Again coming down to your emotions, I feel the same ...
But quite frankly, if Defoe doesn't start against Wet Spam ... I think I will be a bit ... :defoe:

Back
Top Bottom