Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have to say though in both our games against Woolwich and Chelsea, both of them ended the game with a load of their fullbacks on and a bus firmly parked in their box.

Fair result ... though upset with our second half performance ... blah blah blah.

What matters now is how we pick up!
This game was never big in terms of the whole season ... just emotions here and there.

The most important thing is to beat teams that we should ... which includes the next game against west spam.

Which makes me even want more for Defoe to start, as he loves playing against his former team.
He has a fantastic record against them.

scratch_zps43566a7f.jpg

You expect this from Suarez, not Torres. Surely a retrospective ban.

Of course as long as he didn't see it, it's okay.

Without wanting to get into an argument, that wasn't quite what I said. Had it been blatant enough for everyone in the stadium, bar the ref, to have seen, it would be far from OK. But at full speed there wasn't much to see and, if anything, it looked more like a booking for Jan's reaction. Having seen a replay the BT Sport commentators said as much.

It took the TV guys a few minutes and a few slow mos to spot the scratching. Mike Dean didn't have those replays. We have to be realistic about what we can expect match officials to see and if it takes people a few replays to spot the incident in the first place, I can see why Dean didn't see it. I don't have a lot of sympathy for him after that performance, but he wasn't at fault there and it wasn't a case of him not doing his job properly.

scratch_zps43566a7f.jpg

You expect this from Suarez, not Torres. Surely a retrospective ban.

You know what the saddest thing is?

It's that no one in the media is really talking about it. They, the commentators, etc all are kinda just ignoring it. Even Jose wasnt even asked about it.

It woulda been everywhere if a certain liver-fool did that.

Well, we'll see what happens...

torres.gif

It's that no one in the media is really talking about it. They, the commentators, etc all are kinda just ignoring it. Even Jose wasnt even asked about it.

torres.gif

Feel that much better that this douche got tossed

for some reason this feels like a defeat. I think it's because there are so many elements I was really disappointed with, passing in the 2nd half was a huge problem. Paulinho kept losing the ball in 2nd half, Soldado was non-existent, Lamela needed to come on for Gylfi and keep Townsend on. That being said in the first half it looked like there was only going to be one winner and that was us

Dembele was superb today

It woulda been everywhere if a certain liver-fool did that.

torres.gif

Doesn't even get a mention in the BBC report:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24185057
Instead, poor Torres was unlucky to get a red at all.

Without wanting to get into an argument, that wasn't quite what I said. Had it been blatant enough for everyone in the stadium, bar the ref, to have seen, it would be far from OK. But at full speed there wasn't much to see and, if anything, it looked more like a booking for Jan's reaction. Having seen a replay the BT Sport commentators said as much.

It took the TV guys a few minutes and a few slow mos to spot the scratching. Mike Dean didn't have those replays. We have to be realistic about what we can expect match officials to see and if it takes people a few replays to spot the incident in the first place, I can see why Dean didn't see it. I don't have a lot of sympathy for him after that performance, but he wasn't at fault there and it wasn't a case of him not doing his job properly.

I do understand where you're coming from and I'm not trying to argue, just what annoys me about it is, why have all these officials on the side lines and behind the goal if none of them can see something like this, it wasn't exactly hidden there was a big reaction from the fans.

Back
Top Bottom