Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh yeah another thing ...
I know we have been all supporting Soldado because he is a good player.

But, it really was a below par performance from him today. Yes, it could have been Chelsea's defense but, I thought he was a big game player.

Time to bring more motivation in him!
Start DEFOE in the next pl game (he deserves it), and start Soldado in the Anzhi game ... to hopefully score a goal there and thus gain some confidence.

Think it's tough because they packed that area in front of the box and Soldado just didn't get the service. No clear cut chances that he missed - the one really good opportunity he had, he made a goal for Siggy.

I'm kind of with you, though. I think putting Defoe on for the first 60 of our next league game at least and having Bob Soldier as an option from the bench may be a good idea.

Oh yeah another thing ...
I know we have been all supporting Soldado because he is a good player.

But, it really was a below par performance from him today. Yes, it could have been Chelsea's defense but, I thought he was a big game player.

Time to bring more motivation in him!
Start DEFOE in the next pl game (he deserves it), and start Soldado in the Anzhi game ... to hopefully score a goal there and thus gain some confidence.

Soldado lives off good service and everybodies new fav player Eriksen faded badly too but nobodies singling him out. The last thing we need to do is drop Soldado for Defoe. He got an assisst first half but got fuck all for service in the second I'd of rather brought Lamela on aaaahhhhh fuck it I'm off

fuck you lot of cunts

when was the last time we beat chelsea?
too bad it ended as a draw today

if we had won, we could have given mourinho a ton of shite:soldadowatch:

The trip on Jan was a booking and he got booked. To be fair everyone seemed to miss the girly little scratch and it was only spotted on the slow motion replays. It was bloody difficult to see it at full speed and I'm not sure many if any refs would have spotted it.
I expect there will be retrospective punishment for that. So Torres could end up being out for four games! Hope so, he deserves it. What a cunt.

The trip on Jan was a booking and he got booked. To be fair everyone seemed to miss the girly little scratch and it was only spotted on the slow motion replays. It was bloody difficult to see it at full speed and I'm not sure many if any refs would have spotted it.

Of course as long as he didn't see it, it's okay.

A month of preseason is an eternity compared to a player that doesn't speak English and had no preseason.

I would have taken Lamela when they were a man down, but Chadli offers a lot more in defense when they were really threatening.

You guys are knee-jerking wayyyyyy wayyyy hard. Chill out.

I'm not knee jerking at all, I thought overall 1-1 was a fair result and in the first half we looked absolutely fantastic, particularly in the first 25 minutes. I'm disappointed that we couldn't string 5+ passes together in the second half until the red card (I genuinely don't think this is an exaggeration) and like @ Super Jan Fan Super Jan Fan says Sandro may have helped to break them up a bit, but Dembele and Paulinho were playing so well it's a tough one to call. I am however disappointed that our super spursy potential legend Lamela didn't play any part at all today.

Mata not being in Mourinho's plans and attitude continues to astound me.
Fair result in the end IMO.

Think that he probably will have to rethink that as of today. They were a different side with him in it.

I think I could be a football manager. Advice like "Play your best players whenever you can" may seem redundant but it's taken a man who's won the Champions League nearly 10 games to work it out.

If Chelsea started with the team they had in the 2nd half, then they probably would have won the game. *runs and hides*

Think that he probably will have to rethink that as of today. They were a different side with him in it.

I think I could be a football manager. Advice like "Play your best players whenever you can" may seem redundant but it's taken a man who's won the Champions League nearly 10 games to work it out.
iirc Owen said "another masterstroke from Mourinho?" after Mata assisted Terry. What would have been a masterstroke is actually starting him. ..

A real game of two halves today, we absolutely bossed the first half, largely thanks to Dembele who I thought was absolutely superb today, he really needed a performance. The second half was a different story and that for me was down a decent tactical decision from Mourinho bringing Mata on meant that they could drop Ramires deeper into midfield and he provided the bite and energy that they needed, subsequently they were first to every second ball.

Naughton didn't disgrace himself today and looked ok at left back but would still never pick him there. I really didn't understand the Chadli substitution. Townsend had Cole running scared the whole game and as a result pinned Oscar back as well. As soon as he came off Cole grew in confidence as he clearly wasn't worried about Chadli. Can anyone offer up an explanation.

Finally. Lloris. Yet again he was fantastic and saved us once or twice.

Back
Top Bottom