Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

for some reason this feels like a defeat. I think it's because there are so many elements I was really disappointed with, passing in the 2nd half was a huge problem. Paulinho kept losing the ball in 2nd half, Soldado was non-existent, Lamela needed to come on for Gylfi and keep Townsend on. That being said in the first half it looked like there was only going to be one winner and that was us

Dembele was superb today
Its a point we did not have at the beginning of the game and they did have their best team on the park! Dembele 9.5 today

for some reason this feels like a defeat. I think it's because there are so many elements I was really disappointed with, passing in the 2nd half was a huge problem. Paulinho kept losing the ball in 2nd half, Soldado was non-existent, Lamela needed to come on for Gylfi and keep Townsend on. That being said in the first half it looked like there was only going to be one winner and that was us

Dembele was superb today

The main problem Chelsea had in the first half was Mikel, who was fucking useless at closing down and was leaving gaps all over the place. Once he was off they tightened the pitch up and gave us less space.

The very truth is Chelsea are true title contenders who won two pieces of silverware last year.

They ran the second half. I thought Sandro would have been a decent 60 minute sub.

We are top 4 contenders. Our first half was great.

Naughton is not good enough for this level. Yet.

Can't help think how much better we would be with King instead of Dawson

Even if we get knocked off the top later we are still right up there and have had a very good start to the season having already played our two main London rivals.
table_zps3622d746.jpg

Yeah, but we could end up in 4th if results don't go our way, albeit just on goal difference.

The very truth is Chelsea are true title contenders who won two pieces of silverware last year.

They ran the second half. I thought Sandro would have been a decent 60 minute sub.

I think Naughton is good enough, but him being an "inverted fullback" is terrible imo. Relatively easily taken on the outside, cuts in half the time to cross, finds it more difficult to put those balls down the line because he's right footed.

Poor substitutions today. Chadli looked lost, lamela would of been a good shout. Sandro should of been on ten minutes before they scored. I didnt see the need for eriksen to go off unless he was tired. And defoe. Did anyone inform him he wasnt a winger. Great first half though. Should of sealed it there and then.

I think Naughton is good enough, but him being an "inverted fullback" is terrible imo. Relatively easily taken on the outside, cuts in half the time to cross, finds it more difficult to put those balls down the line because he's right footed.
When I say good enough. I mean to beat teams like Chelsea He isn't

It is fair to say that Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho was not happy with the decision to send off his striker Fernando Torres, or with the part that Spurs defender Jan Vertonghen - who went down in the aerial challenge that saw the Spaniard shown a second yellow card - played in his dismissal.
Mourinho said: "The referee tried his best - in the first half he gave Andros Townsend a yellow card for simulation. He tried to do his job. But some foreign players, when they come to England, still keep their culture and it's a disgrace. To do that to a person from your same job I think that's a disgrace.
"I hope the committee understands he [Torres] has to play next weekend. The red card is, of course, a big mistake. I hope they do justice with him. I have to read perfectly well the rules to see if we can appeal a second yellow card - I'm not so sure. If I was the boss of the committee I would give a one match suspension to the Tottenham defender and nothing to Fernando."

I assume the preening smug cunt saw the bitch-scrape that poor little smiling Torres committed on Jan's FACE in the 1st half?
scratch_zps43566a7f.jpg

these fucking foreign players eh?? JINGOISTIC PORTUGESENGLISH-WANNABEE CUNT!

Not being negative but he never will be. It speaks very well of Danny Rose that we missed his presence on the left.

Naughton can probably hack it against most bottom-half teams. Not title-challengers Chelsea.
The main problem Chelsea had in the first half was Mikel, who was fucking useless at closing down and was leaving gaps all over the place. Once he was off they tightened the pitch up and gave us less space.

This was particularly satisfying after that cunt on Rule the Roost described him with such adulation.

A soulless, vapid player for a soulless, vapid club.

I assume the preening smug cunt saw the bitch-scrape that poor little Torres committed on Jan's FACE in the 1st half?

He's just trying to fit in with his key demongraphic at Chelsea. (EDIT: This was a typo. I've made it bold because it's an awesome typo.)

Xenophobic wankers.

Should have won that, Paulinho fucked up the chance at the end of the first half.

Chelsea were good in the second half, and we struggled, but Torres sending off was just deserts and after that we really should have got a second.

Probably won't stay top of the table, City are bound to win and arse at least a draw.

I'm disappointed, we had a good chance to make a statement today - Chelsea weren't that great.

1 point from our rivals so far, if we include Liverpool then there're 8 more matches like this - we need to get some wins in them.

Overall, not bad though - I wanted to see Soldado get a (premiership) goal from open play, but I'm sure that will come soon.

demongraphic SHOULD be a word, to describe all Chelsea fans!

btw, any hissing heard today???
Seen a pixelated photo taken from some shitty phone of a fan with an arm in the air.

This is the photo, apparently taken today, apparently a Chelsea fan.. could be anyone.
BVQQwfyIAAEXPVH.jpg

I assume the preening smug cunt saw the bitch-scrape that poor little smiling Torres committed on Jan's FACE in the 1st half?
scratch_zps43566a7f.jpg

Maureen has become the biggest cunt in football by a mile since Real Madrid - I mean he goes in for eye gouging himself. Before that he was just a clown - now he's close to hitler fucking level.

It's disappointing to only draw after the first half and the red card, but a draw against Chelsea isn't a bad result. We'll have eight games that hard in the league this season and we've drawn one and lost one, which is probably right for a top four contender.
Have to agree that Soldado was shite today, but like every striker, he needs the confidence of being an automatic starter, so to drop him now will hurt him more than help him. I do think we should be playing our first team in as many games as possible, just so they bond quicker.
Dembele brilliant today and another goal for Siggy too. Both nailing down first team places on form, rather than what they cost or who they signed from. Lovely to see.

You know what the saddest thing is?

It's that no one in the media is really talking about it. They, the commentators, etc all are kinda just ignoring it. Even Jose wasnt even asked about it.

It woulda been everywhere if a certain liver-fool did that.

Well, we'll see what happens...

torres.gif

Surely this has to be a 3 game minimum retrospective ban?

The overpriced scummy chav cunt how dare he assault the Super Jan.

:vert:

Seen a pixelated photo taken from some shitty phone of a fan with an arm in the air.

This is the photo, apparently taken today, apparently a Chelsea fan.. could be anyone.
BVQQwfyIAAEXPVH.jpg

Probably just a(nother) plastic Chelsea fan taking a mobile phone pic of a proper football ground!
(but he's more likely a nazi!)

Back
Top Bottom