Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got home. Can't be bothered with any of the negative shit that I'm sure is all over here! We got the 3 points and Kane got the goal he has deserved for some time!! I AM STOKED!!!! UP THE SPURS!!!

JDK JDK Well there were no tackles 'thrown in' for their goal, Jan backing away, and Rose ineffectual. Jan really disappointing for me today, I thought he was lazy and a soft touch - given his ability. I did see the game, and I understand that you can fight and still be shit, but quite a few of our players had a lot more to give today IMO, Soldado and Mason excluded. Still, last gasp winners away from home will always put a smile on most peoples faces, so I don't want to be too critical.

Last edited:
Well there were no tackles 'thrown in' for their goal, Jan backing away, and Rose ineffectual. Jan really disappointing for me today, I thought he was lazy and a soft touch - given his ability. I did see the game, and I understand that you can fight and still be shit, but quite a few of our players had a lot more to give today IMO, Soldado and Mason excluded. Still, last gasp winners away from home will always put a smile on most peoples faces, so I don't want to be too critical.

He'll go in Jan I reckon, hearts just not in it. Shame because we know what he can do.

Kane is the man! Did u see him fight for that ball? He knew he would score. Need more of that in our team. Havnt seen that type of belief in a Spurs side for awhile. Well done my son!!!!

I'm just gonna go right ahead and take credit for this win. I recently got a rather nice looking spurs pint glass out of which I was drinking during our 5-1 win in the Europa league. Unfortunately, I then managed to drop it before the loss to Newcastle. I then got a new spurs glass which was not as nice as the last one but still did the job. I called in sick today so I could drink out of it during the match which we eventually won! You're welcome. :freund:
Thanks appreciate your work

Jan is gone. Hopefully we can take Barcelona to the cleaners

Verts ain't got the passion we can drag £25 - £30 million for him that's fine, it's barca after all and it's levy as well.

Kind of expect lloris to go unfortunately again as long as we rape barca or real for money I can live with it.

Need to invest more wisely though than recent seasons.

Verts ain't got the passion we can drag £25 - £30 million for him that's fine, it's barca after all and it's levy as well.

Kind of expect lloris to go unfortunately again as long as we rape barca or real for money I can live with it.

Need to invest more wisely though than recent seasons.
Lloris is probably heading to Madrid if anywhere, mate - Barca signed Ter Stegen already.

Kane is the man! Did u see him fight for that ball? He knew he would score. Need more of that in our team. Havnt seen that type of belief in a Spurs side for awhile. Well done my son!!!!
Bale left partly because he felt everyone else was just waiting on him to make the difference. The fact that we have at least 2-3 guys who want the ball to try and make that difference is a good thing.

Pochettino needs to get those guys working together to win games, rather than trying to take it on all by themselves. And needs to get the rest of the team built around complementing the talents of those guys. I think we'll see a few changes in January and then a major overhaul come the end of the season.

Lloris is probably heading to Madrid if anywhere, mate - Barca signed Ter Stegen already.

Long as well get a levy standard above market rate I guess that's all we can take. Vorm ain't a bad keeper and verts just ain't doing it no more, we can survive.

We were mostly shit the whole game.
But. Great to see us catch a break and grab a spawny win for once.

Not only that, but one goal was from a corner, the other a direct free kick AND the winner was scored by a player getting his first ever goal in the league.

#antispursy

Also I find it hard to condone mason's part in the sending off, but by god it's good to see someone who finally gets how to rile the opposition into making a rash mistake. We have been far too nice of late. Good to see the rest of the team rallying round him too. To be honest at first I thought soldado was the one who was going to get carded because he was going apeshit.

We were mostly shit the whole game.
But. Great to see us catch a break and grab a spawny win for once.

Not only that, but one goal was from a corner, the other a direct free kick AND the winner was scored by a player getting his first ever goal in the league.

#antispursy

Also I find it hard to condone mason's part in the sending off, but by god it's good to see someone who finally gets how to rile the opposition into making a rash mistake. We have been far too nice of late. Good to see the rest of the team rallying round him too. To be honest at first I thought soldado was the one who was going to get carded because he was going apeshit.

He had Benteke on the ropes. I didn't have him down as a hard nut.

Back
Top Bottom