Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No I can see who's in goal now, by definition we will always read top to bottom left to right, like when I am reading a long post on here I dont start from the left in the middle do I read from the top!

Because you are a lovely young man you do what you want, if you want to post a formation left to right you do it!
I like Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko 's lateral formations. You leave him alone!

Let's make no mistake about it, this team at the moment is average and we got super lucky tonight because the goals were pretty much our only chances after the red card.

Our senior strikers have about as much confidence in front of goal as you or I. Our two hopeful young stars are not in impressive form. Capoue has lost the plot. Despite Rose and Naughton's considerable improvements they are limited players and prone to mistakes. Kaboul is just ruined by injury and two Paulinho and Chiriches have been sent to the proverbial footballers gulag. Our summer signings barring Dier's first two games have not yet contributed in a positive fashion. Our two best players appear to be two academy players that were widely written off.

Having said all that, we have been desperately unlucky at times this year and it was nice to see us catch a break tonight. Our team fought all game today I thought which further underlines my opinion that we are just pretty average.

But despite it seeming like almost every player is out of form, we can't catch a break, and having a new manager; here we are on even points with Liverpool, one up on United and Everton and only three behind Woolwich. Plus we're still alive in all three cups.

We know from last season that Adebayor and Eriksen can do it when on form. Soldado and Lamela still continue to flash enough ability to not give up on them. Walker, who I would argue is our best outfield player is on the mend. We finally have a creative player from deep in Mason and one of Capoue, Dembele, Stambouli, or Bentaleb should be able to be a consistent partner for him. Plus, we have a man with Dolphin skin and the god Harry Kane banging them in.

Here I set out to make the point that this team is average dross and I've convinced myself midway through that just maybe we could pull it together and do something.

Fucking football. Fucking Tottenham. Make us dream of a team of Harry Kanes.

Last edited:
Let's make no mistake about it, this team at the moment is average and we got super lucky tonight because the goals were pretty much our only chances after the red card.

Our senior strikers have about as much confidence in front of goal as you or I. Our two hopeful young stars are not in impressive form. Capoue has lost the plot. Despite Rose and Naughton's considerable improvements they are limited players and prone to mistakes. Kaboul is just ruined by injury and two Paulinho and Chiriches have been sent to the proverbial footballers gulag. Our summer signings barring Dier's first two games have not yet contributed in a positive fashion. Our two best players appear to be two academy players that were widely written off.

Having said all that, we have been desperately unlucky at times this year and it was nice to see us catch a break tonight. Our team fought all game today I thought which further underlines my opinion that we are just pretty average.

But despite it seeming like almost every player is out of form, we can't catch a break, and having a new manager; here we are on even points with Liverpool, one up on United and Everton and only three behind Woolwich. Plus we're still alive in all three cups.

We know from last season that Adebayor and Eriksen can do it when on form. Soldado and Lamela still continue to flash enough ability to not give up on them. Walker, who I would argue is our best outfield player is on the mend. We finally have a creative player from deep in Mason and one of Capoue, Dembele, Stambouli, or Bentaleb should be able to be a consistent partner for him. Plus, we have a man with Dolphin skin and the god Harry Kane banging them in.

Here I set out to make the point that this real is average dross and I've convinced myself midway through that just maybe we could pull it together and do something.

Fucking football. Fucking Tottenham. Make us dream of a team of Harry Kanes.
Proper Spursy post...

I think when Capoue's form dropped everything fell apart. He's so crucial to how we play, gives license for the fullbacks to push on, shields our center backs, offers a strong presence in midfield. We need to give Dembele a shot to turn it around in that area of the field.

Next week Fazio needs to play ahead of Kaboul, Kane needs to start & Stambouli needs to partner Mason!
Oh and I wouldn't mind Davies to start either.
He may not be great at running up and down the wing, but his delivery is pretty good.
Plus, Danny Rose needs a bit of a kick to remind him that his place isn't there for granted (in the PL).

It's about time, more of our cup players get a start in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom