Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really buying into the QPR quotes, I don't really have a look at many championship games but unfortunately I do not believe it is a good environment to develop technical players.Carroll needs to come home. Otherwise loan him out to an EPL club.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/199809-ross-barkley/

Sheffield Wednesday's fans on Ross Barkley:

"He wasn't that good for us."

"And people said he was overrated and not good enough....I'm 100% sure he'll play for England within a year."

"He has unbelievable natural ability. But he didn't fit in our system, and we had to change our formation to incorporate him"

"Thought he did okay for us as a young lad in a struggling team. "

"He looks totally at home in the prem, but with us he looked like a fish out of water, not just us but L***s too."

"Good player, but wrong time for us."

Not saying Tom Carroll is going to turn in to Ross Barkley but that gives some perspective. And baring in mind when Carroll started appearing in the EL, the year before he was at Derby on a very poor loan spell.

Generally players will perform a whole lot better the higher quality the players are around them.

Last edited:
Really I have always been impressed with carrol
I think Tom's okay, but to me Nabil looks far more the finished article already, and he's younger.

I doubt Sherwood would have Carroll playing regularly in the Prem. No other Spurs manager has.

It's not worth recalling him for the Europa, given we already have players like Holtby who can't get Prem starts. and will need Europa time.

Tough one! Massive TC fan, but the reality is, if he is recalled, then you would expect him to play more often than not!
So at who's expense? The boy Bentaleb is football mature for his age. To see both him and TC playing side by side in our mfd, is what my dreams are made of! But again, right now, at who's expense!

Let Carroll remain at QPR until the end of the season. The Championship will be/is a great learning curve for him! As I believe, to maintain your football discipline in that league is a real test of your character! Then with that experience, that on his CV, when he come s back to us in the Summer, his integration into the squad and the EPL will be that much easier and productive!

TC is very much one for the future. The very, very near future! But just not immediately!

What's happened to Mason? where is he now?
On loan at Swindon Town or as I refer to my friends Swindon Spurs, again he has had bad luck with injuries in and out of the starting side. Started again against Shewsbury but got a kick on the side of his body which caused muscle spasm, was subbed off.
Got talent but either got a glass body or horribly unlucky.
Swindon Spurs went on to win 3-1 puts them about 7th or 8th, would love them to get into playoffs with a fit group could jag a promotion.

Would like to see TC stay where he is tbh: altho he's prob good enough to be loaned to a relegation scrapping side, I actually feel it will benefit him more playing within a side where they dominate and are expected to
win the majority of the time (albeit at a lower level). When he comes back to us, he'll face a similar thing (teams parking the bus etc).
Can forsee him returning for 14/15 with Bentalab being loaned out to a prem team

Anyone see how he played for the u21s last night? It sounded like he was good and the Welsh keeper needed to make a great save to stop him from scoring. Anyone have any more details?

Last edited:
What's happened to Mason? where is he now?

Have you seen how stoned he looks in the club photo of of him?
ryan-mason.jpg

Anyone see how he played for the u21s last night? It sounded like he was good and the Welsh keeper needed to make a great save to stop him from scoring. Anyone have any more details?

Went to watch as it's just down the road from me. He played well, hardly missed a pass, couple of lovely little flicks, I missed his chance cos I was talking.

I worry that he looks the same player as when he left, the midfield was there for the taking against a pretty average and he really should be dominating games like that. I've not seen enough to judge really, I'm not sure the loan is giving him all he needs though.

Love Tom Carroll, really hope he becomes the player we all want him to.

Bit of a shame that only got on in the 87th minute today. Wouldn't be quite as bad if he didn't play a similar position to Jenas who's started ahead of him the last few weeks at least.

Bit of a shame that only got on in the 87th minute today. Wouldn't be quite as bad if he didn't play a similar position to Jenas who's started ahead of him the last few weeks at least.
Jenas deserves to start ahead of him....which is why this loan probably wasn't as good as everyone thinks. I think there is a common misconception that if a player from a high placed Prem team goes to the Championship he deserves to start and will get top notch experience. But I don't see it that way. Jenas may not have been capable of playing at our level, but there is no questioning his experience. Tom needs to be somewhere where there is a hole that he can fill.

He probably sat today because he played 90 minutes midweek for the England u21s.

Back
Top Bottom