Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could swear I saw an interview with a Tottenham player recently, maybe a youth teamer, where they were asked who was the hardest working player in training and they said Carroll...

Hope I haven't just imagined this.

:klinsmann:

I know I may be insane but I really feel like Carroll should be starting in our midfield especially with all the defensive midfield prowess we gained this transfer window.

Hopefully after the year on loan he'll have the requisite experience to get significant games next season.

He was superb for England today. Easily MoM.

Sort of split with this one. Would like to see him stay at the club, but then would also want to see him getting games.

Then again in the past loan moves have been beneficial for our youngsters, with Walker, Rose and Caulker being great examples.
Completely understand the "fence sitting" (not a dig) on Carroll. But for me he is ready! Ready to the point, he could have saved us 30 mill! The game against Woolwich, was crying out for him! When Dembele or Chaldi went off, TC should have come on! He would have had the vision, speed of thought, to find Saldado! I will have to live with him being on loan, but as long as it stays that way! This boy, our boy, has a big future. I just hope it is a home with us!

COYS!!

I know I may be insane but I really feel like Carroll should be starting in our midfield especially with all the defensive midfield prowess we gained this transfer window.

Hopefully after the year on loan he'll have the requisite experience to get significant games next season.

He was superb for England today. Easily MoM.[/q
I have found someone!! JDK! I could not agree more! I appreciate this is now wasted energy, but prior to the boys loan spell and as you say, with the assured mid-field acquired we would have had behind him. Carroll should have been given his chance with us this season! And I,m convinced he would have delivered and saved us 30 mill!

COYS!!

I agree no doubt. I rate Tom Carroll so highly. Hopefully with the experience he gets this year he'll be ready to jump straight into the squad on his return.

Yeah I have a feeling I'm going to end up watching more QPR games than I would have hoped...
Jokes aside - there are some great goals in the Championship in general - love checking highlights when I have a chance

I hope the championship hardens him up and it also gives him alot of football since their season is so long. Hopefully next season he just beasts it

Cut and Pace from QPRs website
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/060913-carroll-minute-by-minute-1039229.aspx?

A look at QPR midfielder's highlights from his England Under-21 appearance against Moldova …

NEW QPR midfielder Tom Carroll made his first start for England Under-21s on Thursday night as they beat Moldova 1-0 in their UEFA European Under-21 Championship Group One qualifier. We take a look at Carroll’s involvement in the fixture.

KICK-OFF: Tom Carroll and Saido Berahino get the match underway for England.

13’ GOAL: Carroll slides Berahino in on goal from 30-yards to score the opener. The West Bromwich Albion forward turns Moldova’s Constantine Bogdan on the edge of the box before beating keeper Alexei Kosheleev at his near post. 1-0.

16’ Carroll crosses into the Moldova box but the visitors clear the danger.

19’ A neat one-two with Nathan Redmond allows the Norwich City winger to shoot over from distance before Carroll handles the ball and gives away a free-kick.

23’ QPR’s new midfielder puts Redmond in from 35-yards with a defence-splitting pass but the England winger finds himself in an offside position.

31’ Chance for England as Carroll’s cross drops in the box but forward Berahino fails to get his head on the ball.

32’ Real opportunity for the Spurs loanee to open his account at the Madejski Stadium. Nathaniel Chalobah plays an unmarked Carroll in on goal but his powerful shot from 16-yards is tipped over for a corner by keeper Koshelev.

34’ Carroll's effort from 25-yards goes wide of the left-hand post.

57’ Referee Nikola Dabanovic stops play as he adjudges Carroll to have fouled Moldova’s Ivan Prodan and Eugen Zasaviitchi.

59’ Carroll fires another long-range shot in on goal but unfortunately it goes over the bar.

62’ A fine moment of skill sees Carroll trick his way past Bogdan before beating another two Moldovan players. Unfortunately his shot from the edge of the box warms the hands of the keeper.

66’ England make a substitution as Derby County’s Will Hughes replaces James Ward-Prowse. Boss Gareth Southgate opts to drop Carroll deeper from his more attacking role.

79’ Carroll’s corner finds Luke Shaw who volleys over the crossbar from the edge of the box.

92’ England fail to wrap up the victory in injury time as Carroll dinks a delightful ball over the top of the Moldova back line. He picks out Tottenham team-mate Harry Kane who back heels to Hughes and watches on as Iurie Mirza clears off the line for the visitors.

FULL-TIME: The referee blows his whistle with Carroll in possession as England record a 1-0 win on his first start.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/060913-carroll-minute-by-minute-1039229.aspx?#hqqr80kADiC3zlji.99

Jokes aside - there are some great goals in the Championship in general - love checking highlights when I have a chance

It's all jokes mate. We all have our opinions on Redknapp but he always sends out positive teams that play attacking football so I'm sure watching QPR will be fine.

I think Little Tommy Carroll probably just needs to either beef up a bit, (see Bale circa.2007 compared to the other day!) or 'learn his trade' (blatant Championship cliche alert) this season and work out a way to avoid crunching challenges and make the most of his slight frame!

I really think we could have the English Modric on our hands in about a year/18 months....
No pressure then Son!

I ran his name through twitter and it ranged from tweets of him being the second coming of Xavi, to others saying he's completely useless. So yeah...

Edit: just went on a QPR forum and in general they weren't particularly enamoured with him

Last edited:
I ran his name through twitter and it ranged from tweets of him being the second coming of Xavi, to others saying he's completely useless. So yeah...

Edit: just went on a QPR forum and in general they weren't particularly enamoured with him

well that's that then, sell him to Stevenage.....

How many clubs could genuinely have an ex-Spurs party and more than 3 people would show up?

I'd guess at least 4 Premier League clubs (Fulham being the first that spring to mind, closely followed by Stoke) and around 10 in the Championship, Leagues 1 & 2 combined.

Back
Top Bottom