Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wish him and Winks didn't have such similar squad numbers - almost impossible to tell them apart from distance......how am I supposed to know which to encourage and which to shout at for minor mistakes?....
Tommy Carroll still sounds like a Dickensian Christmas character tbh!
so does Harry Winks

we could cast Pochettino as Fagin...........

Levy as Mr Bumble - more, you want MORE!

In this life one thing counts, in the bank - large amounts!

I've just realised why Tommy Carroll is still at the club...

t_carroll.jpg

legend-steve-nash-plays-basketball-with-victor-wanyama-of-tottenham-picture-id618578020

It's to keep his Uncle Steve sweet!!

haha right. you fucking prick.

jesus ive heard some shit before but this is genius. a player who's basically had a nothing career, couldn't even cut it at a pub side like QPR and you think suddenly he's going to cut it in the prem.

i am 100% sure we'll see fuck all of tom carroll at spurs in any meaningful way.
right so are we all agreed now that Carrol is shit?

Will always be respectful in regards to Carroll as I think players from the academy who clearly love the club deserve that. So I won't bad mouth him.

That being said, he's been usurped by Winks with ease and imo we should look for a loan deal with the intention of making it permanent. Don't think he's good enough for where we want to go and at 25 by the end of the season how much development is left?

I like Carroll seems a good professional and while not good enough for our team I hope we find him a suitable club to have regular game time.

Always easy when Poch was selling players at the start because they were dicks like Ade or Kaboul. When it got to Townsend, Mason etc it's harder because they are our players who love the club but it does them or us no good for them to sit in the reserves or at best get a spot on the bench.

Should always be considered a legend of the club for supplying that brilliant assist that resulted the last minute Gareth Bale winner at Upton Park. What a piece of play, that was!

He's now slipped further off a 1st team place with FW now clearly overtaking him. As with all our Academy players, I wish him all the best (unless lining up against us). But he's 25 now (?); surely a deal in January is best for all parties? I'm sure Uncle Danny is itching to get a few £million for him.

Farewell Tommy C, all the best at Swansea. Game time made more difficult by having the excellent Harry Winks ahead of you this season.

Never quite good enough, but a Tottenham boy through and through.

We'll always have the memory of Dortmund away, him and Ryan Mason bossing the midfield.

:carrollwtf::pochunimpressed:
Very, very unfair that (and I know that's the view peddled by many, so not having an individual pop fella). The front three pressed as individuals & were as useful as a chocolate fireguard, which lead to Dortmund dictating everything. Might as well say Alderweireld was shit for conceding 3 goals. Mason & Carroll were/are wrongly scapegoated for that performance, like to see Wanyama and Dembele trying to stop them when it's 4 vs 2.

Farewell Tommy C, all the best at Swansea. Game time made more difficult by having the excellent Harry Winks ahead of you this season.

Never quite good enough, but a Tottenham boy through and through.

We'll always have the memory of Dortmund away, him and Ryan Mason bossing the midfield.

Has he.... has he, gone?

RIP Tommy C...
This world was never meant for one
As beautiful as you.

Oh... oh, he's just moved to Swansea??

OK... fair enough, Not unexpected. Good luck to ya fella.

Have a word in Siggy's ear while you're there though... tell him the grass is greener on the other side, after all!
:gylfi:

Good luck to him. Solid enough player but not good enough for the direction we are heading. Lacks something but I hope he forges a solid Premier League career ahead of him.

In another Spurs era (like about anytime from 1994-2004) he probably would have been an ever-present.

Tidy midfielder, good passer. Just doesnt seem to have improved significantly since we first started seeing him in Europa. Very one-footed, never seen him take a shot with his right foot. You get the idea that if he took a corner with his right the ball might not reach the penalty box.

Good luck TC, except of course when you're the oppo.

Back
Top Bottom