Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spot on. My two favorites right now are Rose and Dembele who were not on your list. Between us we mentioned 8 players, but did not even include the captain, who happens to be among the very top keepers on Earth. What a time to be alive.
:ledley:

Personally I found Verts to be oir best defender (which says a fucking lot, with the way our defence has played this season) up until his injury, so I'd add him to the list. And I love Walker (except for when he has the odd brainfart game). Hell, I'd even want a shirt with Wimmer or (after Chelsea) Vorm on the back.

My Player of the Year, although this season was a really difficult one to call considering how many players deserve the accolade this season.
My player of the year,been the glue that holds our defence together.Amazing how a good player can raise the game of the players around him. Can't remember a season when so many players are deserving of this award.

Well deserved. Although the whole defense has been phenomenal, he's just been a step above. Most importantly, he hasn't just had flashes of brilliance, he has been consistently great all season long. His quality has been instrumental to letting others have room and time to shine.

Well deserved. Although the whole defense has been phenomenal, he's just been a step above. Most importantly, he hasn't just had flashes of brilliance, he has been consistently great all season long. His quality has been instrumental to letting others have room and time to shine.
I was bricking it a little after the Chelsea match, thinking he'd be out against Southampton. That wouldn't have been the case if it was Vertonghen limping off, as I'd have been confident of Wimmer slotting in for him if need be.

Alderweireld elevates those around him - which is no bad thing considering Walker may be liable to a brain fart or two.
:walker:

I know Atletico are a step above us with two CL finals that last few years. Simeone knows his defending. They've conceded one goal in the last 7 matches, including two games against Bayern and one against Barca, here at the business end of the season, so they're doing alright in defence without Toby. Still you have to wonder how Atletico let him go, not once but twice!

Where are the other three Jacksons?

mqdefault.jpg

One turned up in the home strip instead of the away kit.....

PAGE FUCKING TEN!?

The guy is unreal. When do we start uttering his name under the list of "Best Tottenham Hotspur centre halfs in history?"

I've never seen someone so consistent, make the right decision EVERY single time, bordering on Ledley King levels of consistency in terms of making the right decision, making everyone around him better and yet doing it with grace and class. You rarely see him shout and berate other players, just a real class act and I am grateful we got him in. What a player. World Class.

tumblr_oefjdxfWfE1u9ikt0o1_1280.png

Last edited:
PAGE FUCKING TEN!?

The guy is unreal. When do we start uttering his name under the list of "Best Tottenham Hotspur centre halfs in history?"

I've never seen someone so consistent, make the right decision EVERY single time, bordering on Ledley King levels of consistency in terms of making the right decision, making everyone around him better and yet doing it with grace and class. You rarely see him shout and berate other players, just a real class act and I am grateful we got him in. What a player. World Class.
Brilliant player. Best CB in the League, I don't watch enough other teams out side of PL to start to banging on about best in Europe etc. But he is the complete defender, great with the ball at his feet, can pass, great in the air, reads the game so well, 1 on 1's I back him to win the ball, always on his feet, will only make last ditched tackle when errr it really is last ditched. Perfect.

A word too for Jan today though. Thought he had his best game ever in a Spurs shirt. I say this because he had to defend today, something that I don't think he is great at, when he is 1 on 1 I don't back him at all. He is a beautiful footballer with the ball (may be better than Toby) but today he defended manfully, winning all his challenges, throwing himself at the ball, stood up when Citeh were passing trough us in 2nd half, basically he was a brick wall.

Back
Top Bottom