Time to React – StubHub Statement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the club taking 25% of the face value - yet no one batted an eye.

Why should they? The club own that seat. It's the other parties making money which is the issue. Personally I never cared that the club took that cut when I used the exchange.
Pressed a button, sold my seat and that was that.

Signed and shared elsewhere.

I sincerely hope that this somehow has the desired effect.

If you've not signed it yet there is little excuse, it'll take approximately 90 seconds of your time, at the very most.

I think the fairest system would be the club get 20% to cover admin cost, seller to get 90% buyer pays 110%. so for a £50 quid ticket seller gets 45, club 10, buyer pays 55 no whopping great commission fees required!

I think the fairest system would be the club get 20% to cover admin cost, seller to get 90% buyer pays 110%. so for a £50 quid ticket seller gets 45, club 10, buyer pays 55 no whopping great commission fees required!
All fine and dandy but surley the club should consult with the fan base before launching any scheme

All fine and dandy but surley the club should consult with the fan base before launching any scheme
Thats the whole problem, at this moment in time there are more fans than seats, so the club don't need to consult us, just moaning about Stubhub without suggesting viable alternatives might make you feel good but its going to fall on deaf ears.

You bust be a buyer rather th
Those of you who’ve been with The Fighting Cock from the beginning will automatically know our position on the StubHub deal with Tottenham Hotspur. We won’t bore you by going over all that again. We know it’s wrong. Most of you know it’s wrong. We also know that alone we can’t force change, no matter how much we talk about it on the podcast or write about it in these pages. We have formed a partnership with some of the […]

Continue reading...

Sign the petition http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...ficial-end-the-partnership-with-stubhub#share

You must be a seller and not a buyer. If I were to sell a ticket through ticket exchange, I get only a percentage of the face value, and then that would go towards next years season ticket if I renewed it. Through stubhub I get as much as I can and it is in cash. No competition really.

For those of you bothered by paying more than the face value, that's called market forces. My suggestion is to save money buying those stupid replica shirts, and buy a ticket instead.

To be honest, I would rather sell a ticket at a higher value to someone I hate, than face value to my best mate, but I suppose that's just me !!

Honest.

But wrong again always right.

The bigger picture is that the club will closely monitor the sale and price of all tickets on stub hub and that will be reflected in their ticket prices for the new stadium.

It won't be cheaper. Spurs will always rinse us as much as possible.

Its always this way with Tottenham, a couple of good seasons and everyones bleating how they cant get a ticket, one bad season they all fuck off again, so we have either had a great team and a shit fanbase or vice versa, Or to call your bluff you can have my boys ticket at face value until xmas, great view but shit atmosphere with some really negative "fans" sitting beside you if you want.

This really all come down to theoretical politics.

One side Capitalism - you earn what you can in a selfish world and disregard your neighbour in the race to make a buck

Other side - Communism - you earn what you're told you can earn by an unseeing peer group who mould their ideals on to the wider group.

Both equally cunty

"The e-Bay Marketplace" would make a catchy new stadium name
Why should they? The club own that seat. It's the other parties making money which is the issue. Personally I never cared that the club took that cut when I used the exchange.
Pressed a button, sold my seat and that was that.
Absolute rubbish, the club have sold the seat once, any other option was blocked due to their "out the tout" campaign, remember that?

Absolute rubbish, the club have sold the seat once, any other option was blocked due to their "out the tout" campaign, remember that?
What are we talking about here? The new system or the old?

I mean the ticket exchange. The club sell me a ticket at a reduced price. I can't go and they sell it at face value to a member. I don't have a problem with that. Admin costs are covered, my ticket is with a bonafide Spurs fan who paid face value, same as anyone else.

If you mean the new system then yeah it stinks. Club is taking it's "clients" for all it can.

No STs have been handed out in the Park Lane for years. Why do you think that is? Not one person has died, given up their ST? Or the club have purposely created an area that is the Promised Land?

People were prepared to pay silly money to watch CL games. Now people are prepared to pay that same money to watch some Cat A games. Stubhub is proving that.

And I'm guessing some prices in the new stadium will reflect it.

What happens if you put your ticket on and it doesn't sell at the price you set? Is there any sort of bidding/nearest offer system? Or does it just not sell?

Most of the tickets on there aren't serious listings IMO, just people willing to forego one game if someone is crazy enough to pay hundreds of pounds for a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom