Time to React – StubHub Statement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't make money off your own fans in same way that you don't nick money out your Mum's purse.

The ticket prices will continue to rise because of StubHub.

By the way I can't afford a season ticket, or Cat A games. I don't own a car, and haven't been on holiday in my adult life that someone else hasn't paid for (I went to portugal last year, and I took the place of my brother's missus after they split up).
To put it bluntly if you are not prepared to sing for the shirt I don't regard them as my own fans.

If any of you have any ideas just act on them. This is supposed to act as a focus point for anyone who feels strongly on the matter. Feel free to share, contact the club your self, use the letter on change.org/stopstubhub, put your name at the bottom and send it.

I hope this campaign really picks up a lot of momentum, the matchday prices without the stubhub fees are high enough.

Additionally, not sure how true this is, but I heard on one of the sources, maybe the podcast or one of the fan sites that Spurs could go along without selling a single seat for any of their PL games and they would still get the same income due to the new £55m extra revenue in the TV deal. Now, if my figures are wrong there, please correct me but even putting that to one side I feel the club are seriously milking the fans and stubhub is the straw that's going to break the camel's back.

So you make a £20 profit on cat a, money back on cat b, and a £10/15 loss on cat c. Oh and Spurs charge you £170 finance if you cannot buy your ticket outright.

That is the point though mate, everyone involved in the transaction is looking to make money:
1. You the ticket holder
2. Spurs
3. StubHub
4. ebay
This combination has pushed up the price of the ticket up. Even if you have no intention of making a profit out of fellow Spurs fans and you list the ticket at face value + costs it still increases the price of the ticket. This can ONLY be bad news.

So how much did it sell for including commission?

£20 profit on it at face value still equals a profit.

Don't you see this is the whole complaint?? :avbfacepalm:

On ticket exchange it just would have been face value

With the club taking 25% of the face value - yet no one batted an eye.

I for one will be forwarding the letter on with my name at the bottom as well as signing the petition.

I have had a number of non Spurs fans in the office sign the petition too. They are equally as disgusted by the concept and the idea that if they don't speak up now they might have the same thing shoved in their direction next season.

Had a good conversation with a 'pool supporter about it (surprising I know). The StubHub concept works very well in the US, mainly because the frequency of games is higher, the demand is lower and due to the length of most events tickets can still be purchased after the start of the event and downloaded in barcode form onto a mobile often for reduced prices. Even with all these positives the Liverpool board (remember John Henry's position in US sport) decided against a similar programme as it did not translate into the UK football market. If that doesn't speak volumes then I don't know what does!

It was a proper good holiday though.[/
That is the point though mate, everyone involved in the transaction is looking to make money:
1. You the ticket holder
2. Spurs
3. StubHub
4. ebay
This combination has pushed up the price of the ticket up. Even if you have no intention of making a profit out of fellow Spurs fans and you list the ticket at face value + costs it still increases the price of the ticket. This can ONLY be bad news.
I actually agree with you, but this has be going on for ten years or so, Spurs and all the other clubs sell VIP packages to *any* game you want including cup finals, Stevenage away etc starting at 250+ upwards. The touts still have loads of tickets (sold to them by junior players/staff/memberships etc) and were out in force for all games inc Norwich & Tromoso even though the club had spares. Like i said I was happy to sell at %80 of face value before Stubhub came along. Just a bit pissed that everybody reckons that ST holders a getting 1000 times face value when taken over the the three categories we are breaking even.

The biggest problem is so many parties now taking a slice of the pie.

At least with Ticket Exchange, you knew the rules, the club took a cut and buyers bought at face value.

With the current system, the bit that's left over after everyone's taken their commission (paypal, StubHub, the club) means that the seller has to put the price up to make it worth it. It's ridiculous.

The biggest problem is so many parties now taking a slice of the pie.

At least with Ticket Exchange, you knew the rules, the club took a cut and buyers bought at face value.

With the current system, the bit that's left over after everyone's taken their commission (paypal, StubHub, the club) means that the seller has to put the price up to make it worth it. It's ridiculous.
I don't know the exact figures but I think Spurs take 25%, Stubhub 10% & Papypal 5% so its the club ripping off the fans more than anybody else. The club used to make a 20% profit out of the ST holders the only difference is this has now been passed onto the buyer instead of the seller.

I'm coming home at Xmas for the first time in 4 years. My 40th is on Boxing Day and we're playing West Brom at home. Looks like the only way I'll get tickets is to be rinsed by these wankers. All the supporters clubs had to have their ticket applications for all home games in before the start of the season. So if you wanted to see a game at WHL in April you would have to apply for it in July/August the year before.

Just facking triffic.

Back
Top Bottom