Tifos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think they work that well in England, it's not part of our fan culture and will just look like a poor imitation. IMO of course.

I don't think they work that well in England, it's not part of our fan culture and will just look like a poor imitation. IMO of course.
Agree. No offence to SouthernCross10 SouthernCross10 but the ones you posted look shit and something out of a Beano comic book. That said I am jealous of any fans that are aloud to show their passion for their club without being arrested, banned or told what size flag and material it has to be made of.

I love them, I think they bring the club closer to the fans, I think they empower the fans and it gives them an identity and if done right they usually are used by the media worldwide. But what is more important than the type of display (English culture vs Italian or German), is the club enabling its own fans a way of showing their own passion for their club weather that manifests itself as a Tifos or organised display or a bunch of fans bringing in flags and banners.

Well it's a hard one, cos Tifos are modern, and we're supposed to hate modern football right?

But then its Dortmund, and they are exempt from criticism.

Tough one.
In what way is tifo a new thing and in what way are Dortmund exempt from criticism?

Tifo only works with supporters groups and with the Spurs fan base it doesn't really work. I do agree with Thelonious Thelonious that a lot of British copying European style looks naff

Yeah I understand mate,
We are small with only about a thousand fans( In the north terrace) that consistently turn up and stand and sing for 90 minutes in the northern terrace at parramatta stadium it's a decent solid effort considering that it takes a a lot of time and money to make them, and we only have them about 3-4 times a season and always for the sydney derby..

I love tifos and all other types of support that involve singing and chanting, but I agree that it wouldn't work in England, it's not the type of thing that I would expect.

Last edited:
In what way is tifo a new thing and in what way are Dortmund exempt from criticism?
If Dortmund handed out plastic flags, modern football haters wouldn't bat an eyelid.
People take being classed as a "proper" fan far too seriously.
Things like looking down on someone for wearing a replica shirt... who gives a shit what someone else wants to do.... but to look down on someone and then give it "yeah, just wear a pin badge me" is laughable.

#OnOne
#Dont@MeBro
#JustFuckingWithYou

Spot on.

Never have been part of the UK football culture. Big flags have always been present at Anfield and various Cup Finals but never ever ever tifo or the ilk.

It just looks shamelessly copied from abroad in a desperate attempt to be hip.

You end up looking like the Holmesdale Warriors (or whatever they're calling themselves this week) wearing slick black puffa jackets and moody aviators from Croydon Market

Last edited:
Spot on.

Never have been part of the UK football culture. Big flags have always been present at Anfield and various Cup Finals but never ever ever tifo or the ilk.

It just looks shamelessly copied from abroad in a desperate attempt to be hip.
That one we had was classic, i thought someone dropped a hankie.

Dortmund have some of the most violent neo Nazi fans in Europe, ones that the club are desperate to rid themselves of but this very rarely gets mentioned and lost in the midst of pretty pictures of big binoculars.

They like it and it's part of their football culture. Fine but not part of ours IMO.

Always suspected people who poo poo the origins of copied ideas as being flawed but not really offering something in return, TOTTENHAMS stadium used to create noise and sometimes the passion that went with it !

Always suspected people who poo poo the origins of copied ideas as being flawed but not really offering something in return, TOTTENHAMS stadium used to create noise and sometimes the passion that went with it !
And at no point did it need professionally made flags......
A tin foil fa cup and a bedsheet with "SPURS ARE THE BEST" daubed on it maybe.

Dortmund have some of the most violent neo Nazi fans in Europe, ones that the club are desperate to rid themselves of but this very rarely gets mentioned and lost in the midst of pretty pictures of big binoculars.
Dortmund's neo nazi support is being stamped out by the younger generations, the ones who make the pretty pictures in the Sudtribuine who actively display tifo with strong Antifa message, personal favourite was 'no beer for racists' however this does happens at a lot of big football clubs though, Real Madrid the prime example Ultra Sur (who ive spoken about before) have many members seig heil-ing and making stickers/banners comparing Mourinho with Hitler

Atlanta Falcons fined heavily for pumping in crowd noise to upset opposition plays .The owner suspended byNFL
get levy to do it ,problems solved noisy stadium and Levy suspended sweet job done.
NFL-cheerleader-GIFs-falcons-cheerleaders.gif

Why is it everything that gets popular in europe, someone decides to copy over here? We fucking INVENTED football. We should be having greeks italians and germans fucking looking to us! copying us!

Why is it everything that gets popular in europe, someone decides to copy over here? We fucking INVENTED football. We should be having greeks italians and germans fucking looking to us! copying us!

We invented it, yet they are better at it than us.

Edit: Actually no, they should introduce all seater stadiums, ban alcohol and charge ridiculous amounts of money, so people can sit in silence and stream the other games on their iPads, while doing a bit of knitting at various different times on Saturdays, Sundays or Monday evenings.

Back
Top Bottom