Tifos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think they work that well in England, it's not part of our fan culture and will just look like a poor imitation. IMO of course.

I'd rather have consistently louder, more passionate home support than a few big flags any day. Don't get me wrong, tifos are impressive - but they would seem pretty pointless if our fans just shut up and go into moan mode 10 minutes later.

tifosi help confused
Tifosi_jpg_667x667_q100.jpg

In what way is tifo a new thing and in what way are Dortmund exempt from criticism?
If Dortmund handed out plastic flags, modern football haters wouldn't bat an eyelid.
People take being classed as a "proper" fan far too seriously.
Things like looking down on someone for wearing a replica shirt... who gives a shit what someone else wants to do.... but to look down on someone and then give it "yeah, just wear a pin badge me" is laughable.

#OnOne
#Dont@MeBro
#JustFuckingWithYou

If and when it's built and Mr Levy keeps his promise to have one end behind the goal in our New Stadium,why not have a massive banner passed between our fans.Notice the Woolwich have huge flags on display and raised when scoring,so why not ????
And the chavs fucking rank when the club do it .

Tifo only works with supporters groups and with the Spurs fan base it doesn't really work. I do agree with Thelonious Thelonious that a lot of British copying European style looks naff

Belgian Spurs

Lord of the West Stand
Hi everyone,

Just a question. Has 1882 considered using tifos (Borussia Dortmund style art banners) at games? I probably missed this on another thread. Seen it at a few clubs and I quite like it.

Thanks!

No, people aren't willing to chip in for it, we had enough arse ache getting together £300 for the Against Modern Football Banner.
Card displays aren't allowed due to H&S. Apparently if even one piece of card gets on the pitch there's a fine (was told this by a steward - take with pinch of salt)

Well it's a hard one, cos Tifos are modern, and we're supposed to hate modern football right?

But then its Dortmund, and they are exempt from criticism.

Tough one.

I don't think they work that well in England, it's not part of our fan culture and will just look like a poor imitation. IMO of course.
Spot on.

Never have been part of the UK football culture. Big flags have always been present at Anfield and various Cup Finals but never ever ever tifo or the ilk.

It just looks shamelessly copied from abroad in a desperate attempt to be hip.

You end up looking like the Holmesdale Warriors (or whatever they're calling themselves this week) wearing slick black puffa jackets and moody aviators from Croydon Market

Last edited:
Always suspected people who poo poo the origins of copied ideas as being flawed but not really offering something in return, TOTTENHAMS stadium used to create noise and sometimes the passion that went with it !
And at no point did it need professionally made flags......
A tin foil fa cup and a bedsheet with "SPURS ARE THE BEST" daubed on it maybe.

Why is it everything that gets popular in europe, someone decides to copy over here? We fucking INVENTED football. We should be having greeks italians and germans fucking looking to us! copying us!

We invented it, yet they are better at it than us.

Edit: Actually no, they should introduce all seater stadiums, ban alcohol and charge ridiculous amounts of money, so people can sit in silence and stream the other games on their iPads, while doing a bit of knitting at various different times on Saturdays, Sundays or Monday evenings.

Back
Top Bottom