Tifos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Belgian Spurs

Lord of the West Stand
Hi everyone,

Just a question. Has 1882 considered using tifos (Borussia Dortmund style art banners) at games? I probably missed this on another thread. Seen it at a few clubs and I quite like it.

Thanks!

No, people aren't willing to chip in for it, we had enough arse ache getting together £300 for the Against Modern Football Banner.
Card displays aren't allowed due to H&S. Apparently if even one piece of card gets on the pitch there's a fine (was told this by a steward - take with pinch of salt)

toffo_fruit_flavours_63967_std.jpg

If and when it's built and Mr Levy keeps his promise to have one end behind the goal in our New Stadium,why not have a massive banner passed between our fans.Notice the Woolwich have huge flags on display and raised when scoring,so why not ????

If and when it's built and Mr Levy keeps his promise to have one end behind the goal in our New Stadium,why not have a massive banner passed between our fans.Notice the Woolwich have huge flags on display and raised when scoring,so why not ????
And the chavs fucking rank when the club do it .

I'd rather have consistently louder, more passionate home support than a few big flags any day. Don't get me wrong, tifos are impressive - but they would seem pretty pointless if our fans just shut up and go into moan mode 10 minutes later.

I'd rather have consistently louder, more passionate home support than a few big flags any day. Don't get me wrong, tifos are impressive - but they would seem pretty pointless if our fans just shut up and go into moan mode 10 minutes later.

Agree. They should always go hand in hand, which they always do considering the effort it takes to put them together in the first place.

Unfortunately it seems like mission impossible to get European style support in the Premier League in the future with ticket prices and restrictions in mente.

No, people aren't willing to chip in for it, we had enough arse ache getting together £300 for the Against Modern Football Banner.
Card displays aren't allowed due to H&S. Apparently if even one piece of card gets on the pitch there's a fine (was told this by a steward - take with pinch of salt)

Lol

This and the post from alexwooty - sums English football up in a nutshell. Such a load of wank

Collection jars in pubs? That'll last three seconds in N17.
I haven't seen any this season so I think that has gone all online.
I think that the pub looked after it and it sat on the counter like a tip jar for the staff and when everyone left for the game it was taken behind the counter and then someone came to collect it after.
but i don't recall hearing any trouble with people taking it

Well it's a hard one, cos Tifos are modern, and we're supposed to hate modern football right?

But then its Dortmund, and they are exempt from criticism.

Tough one.

Hi everyone,

Just a question. Has 1882 considered using tifos (Borussia Dortmund style art banners) at games? I probably missed this on another thread. Seen it at a few clubs and I quite like it.

Thanks!
I like it, beats throwing pieces of old newspapers! Very creative!

Back
Top Bottom